Somerton Lodge is an alcohol free hotel set in a beautiful tree lined avenue in Shanklin. The old village is a ten minute walk with a further five minutes to the stunning beach.
We have free parking. Proving to be very popular are the two bus stops outside with people choosing to leave their cars and travel on the upper decks of the bus where they can enjoy the views across the Island. If you come without your car give us a call and we can pick you up.
Free wifi throughout the hotel is available with no complex sign ups.
Superb breakfasts, cooked to order, are served in the large dining room and hot and cold drinks are available from our alcohol free bar all day long.
We have a small library area that is calm, comfortable and a pleasant place to relax and read.
Various events take place throughout the year.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double||£78.00 per room per night (room only)|
|Single||£48.00 per room per night (room only)|
|Superior||£87.00 per room per night (room only)|
|Twin||£78.00 per room per night (room only)|
*All prices above are based on room only
Single £56.00 per room per night including breakfast for one
Twin £90.00 per room per night including breakfast for two
Double £96.00 per room per night including breakfast for two
Superior £103 per room per night including breakfast for two
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Ramp / Level Access
- Early breakfast available
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- Serve breakfast
- Special diets catered for
- Vegans catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
- Adults only
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 20 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Closed Christmas and New Year
- Ferry discount available - Contact s direct for a 15% discontinuing code.
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- LGBT Friendly
- Open all year round
- Residents lounge open all day
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- On Site Car Parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Secure cycle parking
- American Express
- American Express accepted
- Apple Pay accepted
- BACS Accepted
- Cash Accepted
- Cheques accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners card
- Diners Club accepted
- Euros accepted
- Japanese Corporate Banking
- JCB accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms
- Showers all rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
- Our Island Hotel
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: please either visit the train station annexed to the Catamaran or travel on the No. 3 bus route.
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 2.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available 2022
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Bronze - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2020/21 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Closed (17 Dec 2022 - 2 Jan 2023)|