Popular with families and groups, the Sands is the perfect place for your fun filled holiday. You can swim, laze or play on Sandown's long, sandy beach right opposite the hotel or just relax by our own poolside where The Cabin serves light refreshments throughout the day, or take a stroll into Sandown and enjoy the attractions, amusements and the Dinosaur Isle Museum. Then, after a four course evening dinner prepared by our resident chef, join us in the bar lounge where there is live musical entertainment most evenings.
All our rooms are en-suite, some on the ground floor which offer easy access and on the first floor we have rooms with balconies overlooking the sea and Culver Cliffs. The Sands is centrally heated throughout and has its own sauna and Beauty Therapy room.
We are open throughout the year to welcome private bookings as well as group and coach parties. During November and December we organise popular "turkey and tinsel" breaks and the atmosphere at Christmas and New Year is always lively and festive.
To make planning your holiday that little bit easier, we are happy to organise your car ferry booking at special rates.
Please telephone for a free brochure or visit our website (www.sands-hotel.co.uk). We look forward to welcoming you to the Sands Hotel.
The Morey family.
Quality Assurance Designator = Hotel.
Bed and Breakfast from £35 pppn Dinner Bed and Breakfast from £40 pppn
- Ramp / Level Access - level access to hotel
- Cater for vegetarians
- Full liquor licence
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Special diets catered for
- Vegans catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Children's Meals
- Cot(s) available
- Facilities for children
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- 24 hr return laundry service
- 24hr return laundry
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Fax and photocopier available.
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome
- Event venue
- Faxing facilities
- Ferry discount available
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Groups welcome
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol
- Night Keys
- No smoking in dining area
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Public Telephone
- Regular evening entertainment
- Residents lounge open all day
- Separate guests' lounge - Residents lounge available.
- Wireless Internet Access
- Beauty Spa - Sauna and Beauty Therapy rooms on site
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Fitness facilities close by - leisure centre within walking distance
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Sauna and Beauty Therapy rooms on site
- Outdoor heated pool
- Outdoor pool - Heated pool May to September.
- Outdoor unheated pool
- Spa Bath
- Spa Bath
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Free parking - limited
- Off-road parking - limited
- On Site Car Parking - limited
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- American Express
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Non smoking establishment - Inside the Sands Hotel we have a strict non smoking policy (inline with current legislation).
- Seafront - seafront location
Room / Unit Features
- Balcony some rooms
- CD player some rooms
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Drying facilities
- DVD Player some rooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available - All rooms non smoking
- Radio all rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Safe some rooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3056 to Lake, A3055 to Sandown.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3056 to Lake, A3055 to Sandown.
Public Transport Directions
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Feb 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|