Please contact Ruskin Lodge for availabiltiy - 01983 756604 / 07795103289 or at email@example.com
Guest House situated in Freshwater Bay, Isle of Wight with prices from £38 per person per night, breakfast included. Reductions for children. Please email or phone for availability and prices.
In the beautiful West Wight, Ruskin Lodge is often described by guests as having a warm, relaxed and friendly feel. Visitors are provided with keys to allow free access throughout the day.
All rooms are large, light and airy and great care has been taken to retain the period feel of this late Victorian home, with features such as fireplaces retained where possible.
Relax in the cosy conservatory or on the balcony, with its unobstructed panoramic views across the 1970 Isle of Wight Pop Festival site, the Downs and the western end of the Island.
History of Ruskin Lodge - The house built and owned by a Dr Dabbs who was the family Doctor for the Tennyson family, a friend of Hallam Tennyson and was present and administered to Tennyson in his final days and hours. His wife Nina Laura Peets may have had connections with the Reverend Dodgson (Lewis Carroll). It is said he dedicated a book to her when she was a child.
The Poet Laureate Alfred Lord Tennyson lived at nearby Farringford House which he described as “Far from noise and smoke of town...close to the ridge of a noble down”. Ruskin Lodge is ideally situated, (at ten minutes walk away) for people wishing to visit this newly restored attraction. For more information about Farringford House please click on the following link - https://farringford.co.uk/
Stargazing experience - Ruskin Lodge is home to a number of powerful telescopes these include a 10 inch reflector and a six inch refractor. Guests are welcome to take advantage of the dark skies of the West Wight and enjoy superb views of the cosmos, conditions permitting.
Wellness breaks - whilst you stay at Ruskin Lodge you can enjoy activities to escape the stresses and strains of your everyday life. Sessions of Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation and Qigong can be arranged. For more information please visit https://yogaandtaichi.co.uk/classes.htm
Ruskin Lodge can also provide an introduction to a local Buddhist Sangha. For more information please visit https://westwightsanghacontact.blogspot.com/
* Both private bathroom and en-suite available.
* Bedrooms are equipped with high quality, pocket sprung mattresses.
* Situated in a quiet, residential location.
* Sole Guests - If your party contains four or more adults, you may take advantage of our "Sole Guests" status. Please enquire for details.
* A fine Broadwood Grand piano is available for use upon request
* Electric Car charging Point
* Single person supplement required, please contact establishment for details.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double/Twin Room||from £95.00 to £130.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Room||from £120.00 to £150.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Suite - Two Rooms with Facilities||from £130.00 to £220.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Triple Room||from £100.00 to £130.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Above prices are a guide only.
Both private bathroom and en-suite available.
**Single person supplement required, please contact establishment for details.
- Ramp / Level Access
- Early breakfast available
- Evening meal available on request
- Outdoor eating area
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Special diets catered for
- Vegans catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Children's Meals
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Cot(s) available
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome - Families welcome, special rates for children under 14 years.
- Food/bottle warming available
- Highchair(s) available
- 24-hour minimum vacancy between guests
- 2m distancing in place
- Advance booking essential
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless check-out
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Currently closed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Face masks available for visitors
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Facilities must be booked
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for visitors
- Virtual menus
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 10 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Groups welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Night Keys
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Radio in lounge
- Real log/coal fires
- Residents lounge open all day
- Separate guests' lounge
- Single Sex groups welcome
- Wireless Internet Access
- French spoken
- Spanish spoken
- Arrangements for riding / pony trekking
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Fitness facilities close by
- Golf Course close by
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking - Off Street Parking available - at customer's own risk.
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Secure cycle parking
- BACS Accepted
- Cash Accepted
- Cheques accepted
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Black Out facilities all rooms
- CD Player all rooms
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Drying facilities - Drying room for wet clothes and equipment.
- DVD player all rooms
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms
- King sized bed some rooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 01983 827000.
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
|Opening (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)*|
* Opening in 2021 will depend on government restrictions. Please phone if you have a question.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change