A beautiful Grade 2* medieval manor house with lovely gardens, sleeps up to 16 in 8 bedrooms, whole house available as a self-catering holiday let from mid-March to November.
This medieval manor is located in the south part of the Isle of Wight in the middle of an area of outstanding natural beauty. With its own 15 acres of land there is so much to explore and the views are breathtaking. The sea is only 5-10 minutes away, providing the ideal location for a coastal and countryside break.
The manor house has all modern comforts alongside its historical features and charm. The kitchen is generously equipped and includes a 4-door Aga and there's an induction hob and oven in the pantry. There are several reception rooms, including a beautiful Great Hall for celebratory dining, and the 8 bedrooms offer lots of charm and will provide all the comfort you are looking for. There are 7 bathrooms, some of which are ensuite. Other attractions at Kingston Manor include a 7-seater hot tub for you to enjoy after a day of exploring, and a full-size snooker table.
Kingston manor’s grounds are perfect for stargazing as it's in a dark skies zone. The Isle of Wight is now a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve providing the perfect place to see the many stars at night.
The huge Games Barn provides extra entertainment with table football, a full-size snooker table, plus bats, balls, skittles and scooters.
The manor’s grounds are ideal for dog walks and there's a walled courtyard garden with large lawns and terraces, safely gated for younger children and your dogs.
Kingston Manor is in the ideal location for exploring the whole Island, as it's no more than 30 minutes drive to all of the Island’s charms.
Available from mid-March to November, minimum stay 3 days, and minimum 1 week in July and August.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Kingston Manor||from £1,500.00 to £7,000.00 per unit per week|
*Pricing varies depending on the season and the number of days. Please contact us for prices and availabilty
- BBQs for visitors use - A large 7-burner gas BBQ
- Outdoor eating area - Choice of terraces, one seats 8, one seats 16
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Babes in Arms - Babies welcome -- there are no special facilities but it's a family home and is well equipped.
- Children's play area - There is a very large walled garden we call the courtyard garden -- it's mostly lawn with some terraced areas, and it can be securely gated to keep dogs and small children safe. There is no built-in play equipment, but it's a lovely space.
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Cot - We have 1 travel cot, and can supply more on request.
- Cot(s) available
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair - We have 1 highchair, and can supply more on request.
- Highchair(s) available
- Outdoor children’s play area - A huge garden, fun in itself.
- Advance booking essential - We need a minimun of 48 hours' notice to prepare the house for you.
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Capacity limit - We cannot go beyond the capacity of 16 people, but small children in travel cots are not counted in this number.
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- CD player in lounge - CD and aux-linked Sony music system in kitchen area
- Colour television in lounge - Sky TV (and Chromecast) in the Library
- Dogs welcome - 2 dogs welcome at £50 each. We are happy to discuss if you want to bring another.
- DVD player in lounge - Large screen and DVD player in the Den
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use - The grounds are large -- outside the walled courtyard you need to be aware of the open carp pond and lakes (teeming with wildlife!)
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Large gardens, a variety of terraces, plenty of tables and chairs for outdoor dining
- Linen included
- Linen provided - All bedlinen, bath towels, hand towels and flannels provided. Please bring your own beach/hot-tub towels
- No smoking in dining area - No smoking anywhere inside.
- Number of Bathrooms - 7
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pets accepted - Dogs are welcomed, on request, at a charge of £50 each.
- Prior Booking Recommended - We need minimum 48 hours' notice of a booking
- Single Sex groups welcome - However, absolutely no hen or stag parties.
- Tumble dryer
- Waste Disposal Point - Plenty of outdoor dusbtin space for household waste
- Wireless Internet Access
- Games room - Very large barn space for running around, with 2 separate rooms off, one with table football and a selection of bats, balls, skittles, scooters etc, another with a full-size snooker table.
- Garden games - Huge lawns to run around, plenty big enough to play casual football, French cricket, rounders etc, and a badminton set and croquet set available
- Golf Course close by - There are 8 visitor-friendly golf courses on the Isle of Wight. Ask for details.
- Snooker / Pool table
- Spa Bath - 7-seater hot tub with lights and jacuzzi effect -- checked daily for hygiene and safety.
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance - The bus that runs between Newport and Ventnor has a bus-stop up the lane.
- Free parking
- On site parking - Large space in the front drive for around 6+ cars, and more parking round the back in a stable yard if necessary.
- BACS Accepted
- Midweek breaks - 1 week minimum stay in July and August
- Weekend breaks - 1 week minimum stay in July and August
- Country house - Set in its own 15 acres, some of it paddocks, with large gardens and a lake, looking over the downs.
- Countryside Setting - It's a very peaceful setting and you feel you've escaped from the world. Yet there are shops and villages a few minutes away.
- In countryside - Though it's in the middle of an AONB and feels secluded, there are villages and shops on the doorstep.
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Grade 2* medieval manor house with Victorian wing and 1930s interior styling in some areas
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Broadband - Superfast broadband good in the central part of the house. A very good 4G signal throughout the house.
- Digital TV Some Rooms - Sky TV in the Library. The TV also has a Chromecast device and an HDMI cable.
- Dishwasher - There are 2 dishwashers, one in the kitchen, another in the pantry
- Drying facilities - Tumble-dryer and hanging rack in the Laundry Room.
- DVD Player some rooms - DVD and a large screen in the Den
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Ironing Facilities
- Ironing Facilities
- King sized bed some rooms - Default bedroom set-up is 5 superking, 1 king, two twin. 2 of the superkings can become twin instead.
- Open Fire - 2 open fires, 1 huge fireplace in the Great Hall, and a good roaring fire in the Library
- Satellite TV - Sky TV in the Library
- Washing Machine
- Short breaks available - Short breaks available except in July and August when minimum stay is 1 week.
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Your satnav might tell you to turn down a lane to Kingston Barns. Don't! Look for the driveway entrance a little way along, clearly marked Kingston Manor, opposite an old rectory.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
|Open (19 Mar 2022 - 1 Nov 2022)|