Four Hand-crafted tented lodges with river views and incredible interiors, Glamping The Wight Way takes things up a notch on the isle’s wonderful western side.
Pour everyone a glass of something delicious and take in the most wonderful views over the fields and across the water.
Try the off grid experience - lamplit drinks & suppers. Set out a board game & share some friendly competitive banter, chatting & laughing with your people. Although off-grid we have flushing toilets, solar powered lighting & usb charging points in each tent that will keep you charged-up and lit-up. Feel the warmth, smell the aroma of the charming wood burning stove & oven. Bake the most wonderful jacket potatoes in the oven with the whistling kettle on the hot plate. Soak in your private slipper bath with steaming hot water from the wood-fired water heater. Snuggle down in glorious comfort and sleep soundly….the country air has magical powers you know!
Each insulated lodge sleeps 6 - 8 people (3 separate bedrooms plus sofa bed). Bathroom & WC, Separate washroom & WC. Private outdoor hot shower. Kitchen & Dining area. Gas hob & gas fridge plus a cooler box. Living area with two sets of bi-folding doors opening out onto the gorgeous deck where you will find seating, a coffee table and our infamous comfy swinging chair! Each lodge has its own wooden log seating, deck chairs, BBQ & Fire pit set in the grass in front of the lodges wooden steps.
Glamping The Wight Way have two secure & secluded linking meadows, each with a pair of stunning safari lodges set within lots of green space. Privately located close to the banks of River Yar halfway between Yarmouth & Freshwater - giving you stunning views to enjoy from the wooden raised deck.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Canvas Lodge||£860.00 per unit per week|
*3 night weekends from £527 and 4 night mid-week from £429
3 night weekends max £846 and 4 night mid-weed max £747
*Prices are guide only and subject to change. Weekly tariff is on a 'prices from' basis*
- Farm - We are situated on a working farm, often horses,donkeys and sheep can be seen within fields overlooking the beautiful River Yar. No form tours or similar.
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome - Included ; Travel cot. High chair. Fireguards. Bunk beds with side safety rails. Melamine cups & plates. Large private meadow to play in. No vehicles on glampsite or in meadow. Low level coat hooks in both w.c's. Play & days out inspiration within Lodge Log Book. Family friendly cycle path, local amenities & facilities are super close.
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance - Bus stop at our lane entrance
- On site parking - Free private parking Guests have exclusive use of our private car park which is 300 yards along our private track from the safari tents themselves. We do not allow vehicles onto the glampsite but there is a lay-by at the entrance gate for dropping off and loading up. Secure cycle parking and dedicated standpipe.
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Golf Course close by
- BBQs for visitors use
- BACS Accepted
- Cheques accepted
- Midweek breaks - Mon - Friday, may not be available during Highest season.
- Weekend breaks - Friday to Monday, may not be available during Highest season.
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- King sized bed some rooms - Two king sized beds per lodge, one can be split to form twin beds.
- No Smoking in Unit
- Open Fire
- Safe in unit
- Three bedrooms - Two King sized beds, one can be split into twin beds. In addition adult sized bunkbeds with long mattresses and extra head-height. Also, double sofa bed available in living area.
- Units available with real log/coal fires
- Beach/Coast 20 min walking distance
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Wide deck and steps with outdoor furniture that overlook the fields and River Yar.
- Linen included
- Linen provided - Bed linen and towels included other than travel cot linen.
- Number of Bathrooms - Bathroom with flushing WC plus separate washroom with flushing WC within tents.
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Showers - Private Outdoor Hot Shower for each lodge as well as indoor bathrooms
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - Off-grid except for flushing loos. Wood burner stove cooking, heating and hot water (wood included). Solar powered lighting and USB charging points. Wind-up lanterns, LED candles etc. BBQ / Kadai fire bowl Peaceful & private location on a working farm.
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists - Bike racks for 4 bikes (more if you lock bikes together). Stand pipe for cleaning muddy bikes. Easy access to Round The Island Cycle route and many family friendly cycle paths (often with pubs on the way!). Maps & inspiration within Lodge Log Book. Slipper bath for soaking weary muscles.
- Special provisions for walkers - Stand pipe for cleaning muddy boots. Slipper bath for soaking weary muscles. Easy footpath access from Yarmouth Car Ferry (1 mile away). Well located for many popular Isle of Wight walking routes including Tennyson Trail. Maps & inspiration within Lodge Log Book.
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
Public Transport Directions
We are 1 mile from Yarmouth Ferry Terminal & town. Accessible by foot, bike or bus (NO 7). Bus stop is 400 yards away from our Glampsite.
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Travel Ambassador Green Star Award 2017
|Closed (1 Oct 2017 - 15 Mar 2018)|
|Open (16 Mar 2018 - 5 Nov 2018)|
* Dedicated check-in days Friday and Monday