AboutVery quiet, well off the main road.
Super for children.
Working farm with free-range hens, ducks and single suckler cows.
Caravans have mains water, flush lavatories, all with showers, heaters, lovely views.
Campers with tents are also welcome.
National trust and SSSI area.
Chalk downland cliff walks with a wealth of flora and fauna.
Bring binoculars, mountain bikes and ‘belly’ boards.
10 minutes' walk to safe sandy beach.
Look for the Adonis Blue butterfly on the downs.
Open 1st May - 30th September
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Caravan Holiday Home||from £300.00 to £480.00 per unit per week|
|Per pitch - 2 campers||from £16.00 to £17.00 per pitch per night|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Ice Pack Freezing
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Outdoor children’s play area
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome
- Drinking water supply
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Grass pitches
- Grazing Paddock for horses
- Ironing facilities
- Launderette - small laundry room
- LGBT Friendly
- Open on bank holidays
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Piped water
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Shower block
- Surfaced road
- Toilet Block
- Tumble dryer
- Waste Disposal Point
- 18 hole golf course - 1 mile away
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking - In Freshwater
- Badminton court - In Freshwater
- Cycle Hire - In Yarmouth
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance - In Hulverstone
- Fishing - From the beach
- Swimming Pool close by
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Off-road parking
- On site parking
- On site parking close by
- Parking next to pitch
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Based on a Working Farm
- Farm - Based on a working farm.
- In countryside
Room / Unit Features
- Drying facilities
- Hairdryer in unit
- Linen not available
- Shaver Point/s
- Washing Machine
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Short breaks available - Camping from 1 day.
- Special provisions for cyclists - Some groceries and heating
- Special provisions for walkers - Some groceries and heating
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Newport, follow signs to Yarmouth and then Freshwater Bay onto A3055 (Military Road), up the hill, take first turn on left. 1 mile only to signposted Compton Farm
From Fishbourne ferry, follow above directions.
From Yarmouth ferry, follow signs to Freshwater Bay, take A3055 (Military Road), up the hill, take first turn on left. 1 mile only to signposted Compton Farm.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry – No: 1 to Newport, change to No: 7 via Brighstone.
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel – No: 9 to Newport, change to No: 7 via Brighstone.
From Yarmouth – No 7 via Freshwater Bay. For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Green Island Awards - Green Island Award - Gold 2008
|Opening (1 May 2020 - 30 Sept 2020)|
* Easter Monday - Vintage ploughing match and 'Steam Up'. Isle of Wight Steam Engine Rally.