UPDATE - The Royal Restaurant is open for lunch and afternoon tea bookings. Evening dining is currently only available for resident guests at The Royal Hotel.
The kitchen at The Royal excels in creating superb food that delights the senses and ensures that dining at The Royal will be a highlight of your stay on the Isle of Wight.
Our menu reflects the abundance of quality produce harvested from the Isle of Wight’s bountiful coast and countryside. Enjoy exquisite seasonal food matched with as selection of fine wines.
Afternoon tea is a sacrosanct tradition at The Royal, ever since Queen Victoria enjoyed taking some afternoon refreshment at the hotel when visiting Ventnor. For a truly indulgent treat, the Royal Afternoon Tea consists of a delectable spread of freshly made finger sandwiches, warm scones, miniature pastries and cakes, accompanied by tea, coffee - or Champagne if you prefer. Tea is served in our conservatory or brasserie daily, from 3-5pm.
The Royal's Set Lunch is served from Monday to Saturday from noon to 1.45pm and can be enjoyed in our sun-dappled conservatory, the Bar or the elegant Brasserie. Choose from delicious locally sourced ingredients, such as roast fillet of hake, poached breast of guinea fowl, and goat’s cheese salad with caramelised pear chutney.
The opulent dining room, with its crystal chandeliers, high ceiling and ornate decor, makes a suitably grand backdrop to The Royal’s award-winning food. As one of only thirty venues to be listed in the famous Michelin Guide since its inception, we aim to give diners an exceptional culinary experience.
Dinner is served daily from 6.45pm - 8.45pm (open from 6.30pm March - October). Our dinner menu items are all individually priced, or you can upgrade to our 6 course Tasting Menu.
From light lunches to celebratory feasts, The Royal Hotel specialises in memorable meals, cooked with flair by our accomplished chefs, and accompanied by perfectly matched wines and impeccable service.
Once patronised by Queen Victoria whenever she visited the area, our restaurant has been awarded two rosettes from the Automobile Association for twenty consecutive years and has featured in the fabled Michelin Guide ever since its first publication.
“Set within an elegant hotel is this fittingly grand dining room hung with portraits and chandeliers. Good value light lunches are followed by more sophisticated dinners where old favourites are offered alongside more modern dishes.”
- MICHELIN guide inspectors 2017
“The owner takes food seriously; 98% of guests eat in every evening. Our Sunday lunch went well beyond the usual roast (excellent), with choices such as pan-fried sea bass with fennel risotto and asparagus. In summer you can eat out on the terrace, where afternoon tea is another attraction.”
The Telegraph 2017
- Accessible Lift
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve afternoon tea
Children & Infants
- Children's Meals
- Highchair(s) available
- Licensed for alcohol
- Local Produce
Parking & Transport
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On site parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, at Whiteley Bank turn right for B3327 to Ventnor.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, at Whiteley Bank turn right for B3327 to Ventnor.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater, A3055 to Ventnor.
Public Transport Directions
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good52
- Jimmy MSunday lunchThursday, 8th October 2020Thought we would try this place on the strength of the reviews and we were not disappointed the staff were great and the food was fantastic. Read full review
- ReviewInternationalChichester, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayWonderful lunch with friendsSaturday, 17th October 2020Wonderful lunch with friends in a secure environment - the dishes were really good especially the wild mushroom linguine- however the outstanding part of our meal was the service - unobtrusive and... Read full review
- wingyip6Cambridge, United KingdomLovely setting, elegant andMonday, 14th December 2020Lovely setting, elegant and grand. The staff were very accommodating and helpful. Dinner was excellent, chicken liver parfait with pickled nuts and sirloin steak for mains followed by a dessert of... Read full review
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|