For more information please visit The Pilot Boat website - https://www.pilotboat.co.uk/. or https://www.wightknucklebrewery.com
The Pilot Boat is the home of Wight Knuckle Brewery, the only microbrewery on the Isle of Wight. Wight Knuckle run the tap room and pizza restaurant. There are a great selection of beers brewed on site for you to try. The bar also serves a variety of other drinks too including some delicious English wines. The pizzas are delicious too. Visit website for menus - www.wightknucklebrewery.com.
The Pilot Boat has six bed and breakfast rooms so if you want to come and drink beer, eat a pizza and stay the night you would be most welcome. The rooms are all en suite and open all year.
The Pilot Boat is the only pub on Bembridge Harbour. It looks like a boat!
- Guide dogs permitted
- Steps to main entrance
- Text Message Facility
- Bar - Open all day
- Bar meals
- Cater for vegetarians - Our staff are happy to help and there are always vegetarian options on the menu
- Full liquor licence
- Meals served all day
- Outdoor eating area
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast - Breakfast is served everyday for guests only.
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Special diets catered for - If you have a particular challenging diet a little warning might be required. We do try to cater for most needs.
- Take away food
- Take away service
- Vegetarians catered for - We try to cater for all dietary requests.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Baby changing
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's Meals - We do provide for smaller appetites at breakfast time.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome - We welcome all ages to The Pilot Boat Inn. We are happy to put up one occasional extra bed for a child under 10 years if we have a room available which will accommodate the bed. Our rooms are not large and for older or two children you will need to book two rooms.
- Highchair - Two high chairs available, please book in the busy season
- Highchair(s) available
- Click and collect
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Floors clearly marked for social distancing
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking possible
- Online ordering available
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Takeaway available
- Available for wedding receptions
- Beer Garden
- Dogs admitted on a lead - We are delighted to have well behaved dogs at The Pilot Boat Inn. They are also very welcome to stay overnight. We do expect guests with dogs to be respectful to other visitors at the pub. Dogs must be on leads at all times, must not be allowed on beds or furniture, must not be left on their own in the rooms and owners must bring all their own equipment including towels for wet dogs.
- Dogs welcome - We are delighted to have well behaved dogs at The Pilot Boat Inn. They are also very welcome to stay overnight. We do expect guests with dogs to be respectful to other visitors at the pub. Dogs must be on leads at all times, must not be allowed on beds or furniture, must not be left on their own in the rooms and owners must bring all their own equipment including towels for wet dogs.
- Exclusive hire of restaurant
- Garden/patio for guests' use - There is a small outside terrace area to the rear of the property which is popular in the summer. There are tables and chairs and it is a sunny spot.
- Groups accepted
- Groups by arrangement
- LGBT Friendly - We welcome all guests.
- Licensed for alcohol - We are a fully licensed pub serving alcohol every day.
- Local Produce
- No smoking in dining area
- Open all year round - We are open all year although we do close occasionally for maintenance or sometimes at Christmas to give our hard working staff a break.
- Open New Year - We are always open for New Year
- Open on bank holidays - We are always open and usually very busy particularly in the Summer on Bank Holidays. Advisable to book both rooms and tables in advance.
- Pets accepted
- Prior Booking Recommended - Definitely recommended particularly during holiday periods
- Real log/coal fires
- Smokers welcome - Everyone is welcome. There is no smoking throughout the pub but smokers are welcome to use the terrace at the back of the pub. We just ask you to be respectful of other non smokers and to put any used cigarette ends in the ash trays provided.
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
- Wine Selection
- Wireless Internet Access - Available for guests staying at the pub on request.
Parking & Transport
- Free parking - We have seven parking spaces available outside the pub and there is ample parking nearby
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking - Seven car park spaces immediately outside the pub
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Secure cycle parking - We have two bike bunkers offering secure overnight storage for up to 6 bicycles.
- Delta accepted
- Diners card
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Al fresco dining
Room / Unit Features
- Internet access all rooms
- Large Screen TV
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, 2nd exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Ryde, along Esplanade to boating lake, follow road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, B3330 to St Helens, B3395 to Bembridge.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde then as above.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde then as above.
Public Transport Directions
Although we recommend you bring your car, there are many ways in which you can travel around the Island. There is an excellent bus service (bus stop outside the pub). We have overnight storage for bicycles and a hose for your muddy walking boots! There is a local riding stables nearby. Alternatively you can fly to Bembridge airport.
If you bring your car, we offer our guests a ferry discount and have several parking spaces in front of the pub.
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
DINING / BAR AREAS
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* The Pilot Boat and Wight Knuckle are open all year. Please check our website for the opening times, these do vary depending on the season.