For more information please visit The Pilot Boat website - https://www.pilotboat.co.uk/
The Pilot Boat is a great place to stay, eat and drink. The new Galley Cafe is open everyday serving food including local produce, drinks and scooped ice creams. We also have a new gift shop and the Wight Knuckle microbrewery on site. The Wight Knuckle Brewery Bar is open every afternoon and early evening during the summer months in the garden serving craft ales.
It is the perfect place to stay, close to the beach, harbour and village amenities. We have a new ground floor bedroom suite with own entrance and five en suite bedrooms upstairs. Continental breakfast is provided and further meals can be bought in the Galley Cafe during the day. We are dog friendly.
The Pilot Boat is a well known landmark in Bembridge - it is shaped like a boat! The only pub on the harbour. Come and visit us!
- Bar - Open all day
- Cater for vegetarians - Our staff are happy to help and there are always vegetarian options on the menu
- Full liquor licence
- Meals served all day
- Outdoor eating area
- Serve breakfast - Breakfast is served everyday for overnight guests. Other breakfasts can be ordered if pre arranged.
- Serve lunch - Available from February 2020
- Special diets catered for - If you have a particular challenging diet a little warning might be required. We do try to cater for most needs.
- Vegetarians catered for - We try to cater for all dietary requests.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Children's Meals - We do provide for smaller appetites at breakfast time.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome - We welcome all ages to The Pilot Boat Inn. We are happy to put up one occasional extra bed for a child under 10 years if we have a room available which will accommodate the bed. Our rooms are not large and for older or two children you will need to book two rooms.
- Highchair - Two high chairs available, please book in the busy season
- Highchair(s) available
- Available for wedding receptions
- Dogs admitted on a lead - We are delighted to have well behaved dogs at The Pilot Boat Inn. They are also very welcome to stay overnight. We do expect guests with dogs to be respectful to other visitors at the pub. Dogs must be on leads at all times, must not be allowed on beds or furniture, must not be left on their own in the rooms and owners must bring all their own equipment including towels for wet dogs.
- Dogs welcome - We are delighted to have well behaved dogs at The Pilot Boat Inn. They are also very welcome to stay overnight. We do expect guests with dogs to be respectful to other visitors at the pub. Dogs must be on leads at all times, must not be allowed on beds or furniture, must not be left on their own in the rooms and owners must bring all their own equipment including towels for wet dogs.
- Garden/patio for guests' use - There is a small outside terrace area to the rear of the property which is popular in the summer. There are tables and chairs and it is a sunny spot.
- LGBT Friendly - We welcome all guests.
- Licensed for alcohol - We are a fully licensed pub serving alcohol every day.
- Local Produce
- No smoking in dining area
- Open all year round - We are open all year although we do close occasionally for maintenance or sometimes at Christmas to give our hard working staff a break.
- Open Christmas - Usually our rooms are open for Christmas although the pub is often closed to give our staff a couple of days to spend with their families. Those staying will receive a breakfast hamper on request on Christmas day. Normal breakfast is served on all other days.
- Open New Year - We are always open for New Year
- Open on bank holidays - We are always open and usually very busy particularly in the Summer on Bank Holidays. Advisable to book both rooms and tables in advance.
- Pets accepted
- Prior Booking Recommended - Definitely recommended particularly during holiday periods
- Real log/coal fires
- Smokers welcome - Everyone is welcome. There is no smoking throughout the pub but smokers are welcome to use the terrace at the back of the pub. We just ask you to be respectful of other non smokers and to put any used cigarette ends in the ash trays provided.
- Wireless Internet Access - Available for guests staying at the pub on request.
Parking & Transport
- Free parking - We have seven parking spaces available outside the pub and there is ample parking nearby
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking - Seven car park spaces immediately outside the pub
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Secure cycle parking - We have two bike bunkers offering secure overnight storage for up to 6 bicycles.
- Delta accepted
- Diners card
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Seafront - The Pilot Boat Inn is close to Bembridge Harbour. Although the pub does not have direct access to the beach it is only a short hop to the harbour and one of the best beaches in Bembridge. Perfect for all and popular with children, sailors and even dogs!
Room / Unit Features
- Internet access all rooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, 2nd exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Ryde, along Esplanade to boating lake, follow road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, B3330 to St Helens, B3395 to Bembridge.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde then as above.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde then as above.
Public Transport Directions
Although we recommend you bring your car, there are many ways in which you can travel around the Island. There is an excellent bus service (bus stop outside the pub). We have overnight storage for bicycles and a hose for your muddy walking boots! There is a local riding stables nearby. Alternatively you can fly to Bembridge airport.
If you bring your car, we offer our guests a ferry discount and have several parking spaces in front of the pub.
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
DINING / BAR AREAS
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* The Pilot Boat is open all year for accommodation. Please check our website for the Galley Cafe opening times, these do vary depending on the season.