A warm welcome awaits you at the family run Royson Guesthouse, which sits upon the cliff top in a quiet residential cul-de-sac. The superb views to Sandown Bay and Culver Cliff on the coastal path and the 'sunshine trail' walk are a mere two minutes away - with steps nearby leading you down to our fantastic sandy 'Hope Beach' nestled in the sheltered bay, offering a wide variety of watersports and safe paddling or swimming!
This is the place to bring your family where memories are made, for children of all ages ( even the grown up ones!)
Nigel and Sharon pride themselves on offering a 'home from home' atmosphere where sandy toes and smiley faces are just everyday life, so don't forget to bring your slippers!
Ensuring access to rooms at all times so you can come and go as you please...the ethos here is on making sure your stay is one of the very best you'll ever have!
We love to go the extra mile and are always here to help should you ever need us.
No time do we close, we are open all year round, even for those quick last minute getaways. Also one of the few guesthouses willing to accept one night bookings!
We are happy to arrange flowers, chocolates, cake or even book a restaurant for that special occasion!
Packed lunches can be ordered in advance.
We can arrange the hire of a beach hut (subject to availability) on nearby Hope Beach.
The Royson has a video/cctv door bell that covers the parking area ensuring your peace of mind and security.
We have a secure cycle storage with facilities to wash down mud or sand!
Small seating area and conservatory
Books and Board games for young and young at heart!
Walkers and cyclists are welcome
Group booking for up to 18 guests
Discounted voucher codes for sailings from Southampton to East Cowes are available for direct bookings.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Family room en-suite||£99.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|basic double ensuite||£65.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|double ensuite with sea view||£75.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|single ensuite sea view||£40.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|single private bathroom||£40.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|twin/superking||£65.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Prices start from £40.00 per night B&B low season.
- Cater for vegetarians - please advise on booking
- Early breakfast available
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- Serve breakfast
- Special diets catered for
- Vegans catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms
- Children's Meals
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Food/bottle warming available
- Highchair(s) available
- Beach / Coast within walking distance - we are 10 mins from Hope beach and two minutes from the sunshine trail walk
- Beach/Coast 10 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Groups welcome
- Ironing facilities - all rooms have iron and ironing board
- LGBT Friendly
- Night Keys - everyone has both room and front door key for access to rooms at all times
- No smoking in dining area
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Residents lounge open all day
- Single Sex groups welcome
- Stag and hen parties welcome
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Fitness facilities close by - leisure centre short distance away
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Free parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking - we have parking for up to 8 cars
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- Non smoking establishment
- Seafront - Located on the cliff top in a qiet residential area just a 10 minute walk to hope beach, and twenty minutes to the centre of Shanklin with great restaurants, lively pubs and picturesque 'old Shanklin'
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms - including hot chocolate with marshmallows!!
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Marketed to any other specialist market
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists - secure lockable cycle storage covered by cctv, with facilities to wash down bikes
- Special provisions for lone female travellers
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
From Ryde: please either visit the train station annexed to the Catamaran or travel on the No. 2 or 3 bus route
From West Cowes: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
From Yarmouth: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).