Welcome to the Richmond Bed & Breakfast located in Shanklin on the sunny Isle of Wight. The island has beautiful scenery and a seemingly endless variety of things to see and do. We have castles, idyllic country villages, wildlife and pristine beaches and the best weather in the U.K.
The bed & breakfast is a Victorian building, approximately 150 years old but with a very modern feel. We are a private home run by husband & wife with 5 guest rooms, we hope we offer a level of comfort that will exceed your expectations and at highly competitive prices.
We are blessed with a central location within easy walking distance of the beach and our old village where you'll find many restaurants and pubs, some overlooking the sea. Whether you are walking, driving, cycling or using the bus, we are a perfect base for exploring the many delights that the Island has to offer.
We have a mix of rooms, priced as small (room 6) medium (room 10) and large (rooms 2, 4 and 8), all contain standard size double beds. We do not have twin beds.
All rooms are en-suite with Freeview flat screen TV and DVD player. Please note our small double, room 6, which we offer at a lower price to the standard rooms does not contain a wardrobe.
We offer ferry booking service were we often have a discount on both Wightlink & Red Funnel if travelling by car.
Full terms and conditions may be found on our web site.
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
Children & Infants
- No children allowed - ALL guests MUST be 18 or over
- Adults only
- Beach/Coast 10 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Ferry discount available
- Ironing facilities - Ironing board available on request.
- LGBT Friendly
- Open all year round - My not be open Christmas and new years, please check our web page for details.
- Open on bank holidays
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Wireless Internet Access
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance - Loads !! Local, Old village or sea front, all in easy walking distance
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Free parking - Limited to 4 cars maximum.
- Off site parking -
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking - Please note: Although we offer free car parking to our guests, parking is offered on a complementary basis only. Parking is limited and so is offered subject to availability. Free on street parking is readily available close by should it be required.
- Railway station within walking distance - Railway station 10 minutes walk away.
- Secure cycle parking - Anchor point for two cycles on front driveway.
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- In town/city centre
- No smoking
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- CD Player all rooms
- CD Player in all bedrooms
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- Digital TV All Rooms
- DVD player all rooms
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Special provisions for cyclists - Front driveway cycle lockup facility
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, A3054 to Ryde, straight along Esplanade to boating lake, follow road round onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
For further bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
|Opening (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Oct 2021)|
* Please check our web site for availability.