Nestled in the heart of Shanklin's Old Village, and only a couple of minutes from its long, sandy beach, The Grange is the perfect retreat from the hectic pace of modern living. Its setting is beautiful and natural, its atmosphere friendly and relaxed.
The hotel - a beautiful late Georgian building - has retained much of its original features including an ornate, carved fireplace. These are complemented by a collection of paintings and sculptures ranging in style from bold and striking to classically elegant.
Each of the 15 en-suite bedrooms have been decorated in soothing, natural tones whilst power showers and luxury toiletries ensure a good start to each day. An elegant, high-ceiling breakfast room adjoins the hotel's rustic bar set at the edge of a magnificent garden.
The Grange is an offshoot of Skyros (www.skyros.com), the leading holistic holiday in Greece. The Grange offers short breaks including courses ranging from yoga, writing and dance to comedy and art.
Sauna and massage/facial treatments are also available on request.
Tea and coffee are available throughout the day free of charge.
Below are some comments from its Guestbook:
"It is utterly beautiful. The grand old building has been be-decked and be-jeweled with love and care. The grounds are unexpectedly lush. There's a thriving village a skip and hop away and stretches of endless sand a five minutes stroll away. Beyond all my expectations. Fabulous."
"What a lovely old place! Gorgeous location only a few minutes from a sandy beach. Very comfortable bedrooms so you can really let go and relax here, but most of all a lovely warm and friendly atmosphere. I didn't want to leave!"
"In just a weekend I totally forgot about the 'real world' and all the things I had to do next week. I felt safe, I was entertained, I learnt a lot, I met really interesting people, made new friends and ate fabulous food, all in the most beautiful place I've seen for a long time."
"The Grange is a beautiful house in a lovely location, with a view of the sea beyond the trees. It is close to a perfect beach. The rooms are airy, peaceful and comfortable, with excellent amenities. The most striking feature is the immediate warm welcome."
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en-suite Room||from £87.00 to £160.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Triple en-suite||from £87.00 to £160.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-suite Room||from £87.00 to £160.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Accessible Bedrooms
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Ramp / Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available
- Full liquor licence
- Serve breakfast
- Special diets catered for
- Vegans catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Babes in Arms
- Cot(s) available
- Highchair(s) available
- Available for wedding receptions
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Event venue
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Groups welcome
- Ironing facilities
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol
- No Pets
- No smoking in dining area
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Real log/coal fires
- Residents lounge open all day
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wireless Internet Access
- Beauty Spa
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Free parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Cash Accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Country house
- Countryside Setting
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms
- King sized bed some rooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Showers some rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or 0330 0539 182
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
BEDROOMS: FOR GUESTS WHO USE A WHEELCHAIR
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- 4 AA Stars Guest Accommodation
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|