The Coach House is a recently refurbished stone cottage, forming part of the original coach house and stable block to Upper Chine House, later converted as part of Upper Chine School, and more recently available as a self catering unit - Foxes Den - within the popular Upper Chine Holiday Cottage and Apartment complex.
Now under new, independent, ownership, The Coach House has been refurbished to provide comfortable and spacious accommodation for up to 6 (+1) guests, comprising a King-bed Bedroom (which also has a single bed available for those who prefer not to share) with ensuite shower, a further double Bedroom, and a Bunk room. The beds benefit from superior mattresses and feather duvets, mattress toppers and pillows to provide a luxurious night. A travel cot is also available.
On the ground floor is a Family Bathroom, a delightful Sitting Room and a well equipped Kitchen. A high chair is available. There is also a Conservatory giving access to a patio garden overlooking Shanklin Chine. The whole cottage is warmed by gas fired central heating.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Coach House||£900.00 per unit per week|
*Please visit the website link to view The Coach House availability and tariff on the HomeAway portal. Subject to the HomeAway booking fee, bookings may be made through HomeAway, or may be made direct with the owner.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Children's play area - Guests at The Coach House are welcome to useThe Little Tykes indoor play area situated on the Ground Floor behind Reception at Upper Chine Holiday Cottages. A pool table/table football is situated in the Games Room on the 1st floor above Reception. Please do not leave children in the play area unsupervised.
- Children's videos/DVDs available - A small selection of DVDs is available at The Coach House. In addition, guests at The Coach House are welcome to borrow DVDs from the Reception at Upper Chine Holidays. There is no charge for borrowing DVDs, but a donation to the chosen charity will not be refused.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- DVD available
- Ferry discount available - Discounts available for the Red Funnel car ferry route from Southampton to East Cowes.
- Garden/patio for guests' use - There is a small enclosed terrace and garden area to the rear of the property, overlooking Shanklin Chine. "Big Mead" parkland with a children's playground is directly opposite The Coach House.
- Launderette - There is a washing machine at The Coach House, whilst a tumble drier is available at Reception at Upper Chine Holidays next door.
- Linen available free of charge
- Linen provided - All beds are made up ahead of guests arrival. If your stay is for longer than 7 nights, fresh linen will be provided after the first week.
- Number of Bathrooms
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Pets accepted - Well behaved dogs are welcome to stay at The Coach House, subject to an additional fee of £25. Pets are not allowed upstairs (a stair gate can be provided if required) and are not permitted on the furniture.
- Pets welcome
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Internet Access
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Fitness facilities close by
- Golf Course close by
- Swimming Pool close by
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Railway station within walking distance
- BACS Accepted
- Cheques accepted
- Midweek breaks
- Weekend breaks
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms
- Colour TV
- Hairdryer available
- Ironing Facilities
- Radio in unit
- Shaver Point/s
- Three bedrooms
- Washing Machine
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, A3054 to Ryde, straight along Esplanade to boating lake, follow road round onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Shanklin, follow the A3055 to Ventor, driving past the thatched-cottages of Shanklin Old Village on the double-bends. 200m further on, you will see The Upper Chine Holiday Cottages on your left hand side. There is allocated parking for one car at The Coach House, plus over-spill parking nearby.
Public Transport Directions
On arrival in Ryde (Fast Cat or Hovercraft services for foot-passengers) there is a regular train service to Shanklin. Through-tickets can be purchased at Mainland stations. Alternatively the No. 2 & No. 3 Island Buses connect Ryde and Shanklin.
If you arrive into Cowes (Red Jet foot-passengers), route No. 1 buses travel between Cowes and Newport where you would change to the No. 2/3 to connect to Shanklin. The No. 3 bus travels onto Ventnor with a bus stop 100m from The Coach House.
The buses stop at the bus station outside the Co-Op (0.8 mile: 17 min walk), and at Shanklin Train Station (1 mile: 20 min walk) where there is a taxi-rank.
For further bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info
PARKING (multiple unit properties)
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
|open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|