The Chestnuts in Shanklin is a family run guest house run by Hayley & Nick. We are perfectly located on Hope Road being only a few minutes walk from the beach, esplanade, town and the old village.
The Chestnuts has 9 guest rooms including 2 family rooms, all have been recently decorated and have modern en-suite facilities. We welcome children from the age of 3 upwards. Walkers and cyclists are also most welcome.
Our breakfasts are freshly cooked to order using where possible local ingredients. A fully licensed bar is also available to use in the evenings
We have off street parking for 6 cars at the front of the building.
We have been awarded a 2018 certificate of excellence by Tripadvisor.
There are excellent bus services close by and Shanklin railway station is only a 5 minute walk away with superb connections to the rail network from Portsmouth.
We can arrange to book a discounted ferry crossing for you and can also offer a discount when you stay for 7 nights or longer when you book direct with us – contact us for details email telephone 01983 862162
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good19
- 35louisemPortsmouth, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat hosts, great location, great value for money!Wednesday, 16th October 2019We have just returned from a lovely stay in Shanklin at The Chestnuts. We received a warm welcome upon arrival from Nick & Hayley, and we immediately felt at home. We were shown to our room which was... Read full review
- davidbV2681TVSale, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelOne night stay visiting FamilySunday, 17th November 2019This is the second time I have stayed at the Chestnuts. My first visit was in August 2019. On each occasion I have fully enjoyed my stay. The rooms were well presented and clean. The breakfast was... Read full review
- Mike KWaterlooville, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayThe Chestnuts guest houseTuesday, 19th November 2019I really enjoyed the stay i had at the Chestnuts guest house and would highly recommend it the room i had was cosy and food was lovly the owners of the guest house were very friendly and welcoming too Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double En-suite - Small Room||£71.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Double En-suite - Standard Rooms||£74.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family En-suite||£100.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Suite||£120.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Single En-suite||£37.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-suite||£74.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available
- Full liquor licence
- Serve breakfast
- Special diets catered for - Please advise in advance
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Minimum age - 3 years
- Facilities for children - Board games available
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Ferry discount available - When booked directly
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Groups welcome
- Ironing facilities - Iron & ironing board availiable on request
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol
- No Pets
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Residents lounge open all day
- Separate guests' lounge - Residents lounge available.
- Wireless Internet Access
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance - Bus stop for routes 2,3, 22 and Shanklin Shuttle tourist bus only a few minutes walk away
- Car parking
- Free parking - 6 spaces available - first come first served
- On Site Car Parking - 6 spaces available (first come first served)
- On site parking
- Railway station within walking distance - Shanklin station only a few minutes walk away
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Baggage Storage
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, A3054 to Ryde, straight along Esplanade to boating lake, follow road round onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 01983 827000 (head office).
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest House
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Silver- Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
|Opening (1 Feb 2020 - 11 May 2020)|
|Closed (12 May 2020 - 24 July 2020)|
|Open (25 July 2020 - 30 Nov 2020)|
|Closed (1 Dec 2020 - 31 Jan 2021)|