The Chestnuts in Shanklin is a family owned guest house run by Hayley & Nick. We are perfectly located on Hope Road being only a few minutes walk from the beach, esplanade, town and the old village.
The Chestnuts has 9 guest rooms including 2 family rooms, all have been recently decorated and have modern en-suite facilities. We welcome children from the age of 3 upwards. Walkers and cyclists are also most welcome.
Our breakfasts are freshly cooked to order using where possible local ingredients. A fully licensed bar is also available to use in the evenings
We have off street parking for 6 cars at the front of the building.
We have been awarded Best of the Best by Tripadvisor for 2020 as well as winning certificates of excellence in 2018 & 2019.
There are excellent bus services close by and Shanklin railway station is only a 5 minute walk away with superb connections to the rail network from Portsmouth.
We can arrange to book a discounted ferry crossing for you and can also offer a discount when you stay for 3 nights or longer when you book direct with us – contact us for details email telephone 01983 862162.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good19
- sugar2363Radstock, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPerfect stayThursday, 30th September 2021Lovely stay, comfy bed, comfy pillows. Blinds and curtains blocked the light for a good night's sleep. Tea tray had everything you need, glass bottle of water was a nice touch. Great shower with... Read full review
- MRSCF67Lovely staySunday, 3rd October 2021Had a great 5 night stay at The Chestnuts in late September. We had a warm welcome from Hayley and Nick, who were great hosts, providing us with lots of Information about the IoW, together with a... Read full review
- karishma95patelStaines, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAmazing!Thursday, 7th October 2021Amazing experience at The Chestnuts! Lovely hosts who provided all information on arrival. Wonderful idea of choosing breakfast options (lots of set options and the option to customise) the night... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double En-suite - Small Room||£71.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Double En-suite - Standard Rooms||£74.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family En-suite||£100.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Suite||£120.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Single En-suite||£37.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-suite||£74.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available
- Full liquor licence
- Serve breakfast
- Special diets catered for - Please advise in advance
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Minimum age - 3 years
- Facilities for children - Board games available
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- 1m distancing in place
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Clear signage
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless check-out
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking possible - www.thechestnutsshanklin.co.uk
- Open now
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Ferry discount available - When booked directly
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Groups welcome
- Ironing facilities - Iron & ironing board availiable on request
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol
- No Pets
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Residents lounge open all day
- Separate guests' lounge - Residents lounge available.
- Wireless Internet Access
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance - Bus stop for routes 2,3, 22 and Shanklin Shuttle tourist bus only a few minutes walk away
- Car parking
- Free parking - 6 spaces available - first come first served
- On Site Car Parking - 6 spaces available (first come first served)
- On site parking
- Railway station within walking distance - Shanklin station only a few minutes walk away
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Baggage Storage
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, A3054 to Ryde, straight along Esplanade to boating lake, follow road round onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 01983 827000 (head office).
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest House
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice award 2020
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Silver- Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2020/21 2020
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Opening (1 Feb 2021 - 30 Nov 2021)|
|Closed (1 Dec 2021 - 31 Jan 2022)|