6 Large Bedrooms, Stunning Views, Luxurious Glamour Of A Bygone Age
Marine Villa, The Art Deco House offers luxury self catering family holiday accommodation for 14+ people.
A wonderful original Art-Deco House overlooking Sandown Bay on the Isle of Wight which is probably one of the most spectacular self-catering properties in the whole of Southern England.
Offering amazing sea views (and sunrises) over Sandown Bay towards Culver Cliff, this magnificent villa was built in 1929 and takes full advantage of the cliff-top location, and is probably one of the Isle of Wight’s premium properties.
This grand detached house has decadently proportioned rooms: all main living and bedrooms have large windows topped by stained glass detail, framing the vistas. Art Deco influences include an upstairs sun room with huge sliding picture windows to enjoy the breathtaking sunrises by day and bay illuminations by night. Huge stained glass windows bring out the oak-panelled hallway, magnificent staircase and galleried landing.
Sleeping 14 adults comfortably (plus up to 5 extra guests in bunk beds or sharing rooms- best suited for children/teenagers) across 6 bedrooms (plus the 'Morning Room' which has 2 additional single day-beds), with a magnificent Art-Deco lounge (seating 18 comfortably) and a 20 seater dining table, this house is perfectly suited to a multi-generational family get together (it has mobility access for wheelchair users) for a self catered holiday, where you can treat the magnificent house as your own, with total privacy for your extended family.
Just about all of the furniture has been rediscovered and is lovingly resurrected from the 1930's. From the walnut cocktail cabinet in the lounge (which apparently was used on the Elstree Studios set for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof) to the stunning wardrobe and dressing table suite set in Bedroom 4, which were rescued from a house in East London, this house is simply Art-Deco at it's best.
Start your day in our house, by experiencing the most stunning and beautiful colours of sunrise, by leaving your seaward facing curtains open, even just a little so that you awake naturally. The sunrise photo shown here is a 100% genuine view from the window, taken on a mobile phone!
From the house, there are wonderful cliff top walks (or runs), you are right above the beach (actually it is a lot of steps to get down, perfect for walking off the dinner. If you have the excuse of a pushchair or use a wheelchair, then you may take the more leisurely slope down!) There are lots of cycle routes across the island. The whole of the Isle of Wight awaits you.
Included in the price are all linens (bedding and towels, except cot bedding), and free wifi.
Highest Grade Award by English Tourist Board ( 5 Stars and GOLD STANDARD for Customer Service )
Visit-Britain Mobility Grade 1 & 2
At an additional price, a special dinner including an in-house chef and hostess/stewardess can be provided for the evening or freshly pre-prepared gourmet meals delivered which you simply heat up and serve. A special event cake can also be organised.
The property is fully licensed for alcohol and we can provide a list of carefully selected magnums of wine and some fine champagne (and not at silly prices). For those seriously into wine, we also have a private collection that we can draw some exceptional cases of wine for the discerning palate.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Marine Villa||from £2,700.00 to £5,200.00 per unit per week|
*As a price guide, weekends (Friday to late checkout Sunday, or even Monday morning at no extra charge)range from £1800 (inc VAT at 20%) off season to £3500 in October
Midweek bookings (Monday to Thursday) range from £1800 (inc VAT at 20%) to £3,250 depending on the time of year.
Week bookings in July and August are £5200 including VAT at 20%.
Please remember, these prices are for the whole house, there are no extras charged!
- Accessible Bedrooms - Downstairs bedroom for disabled access, own entrance for wheelchair and ensuite. Mobility grade 1 & 2.
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet - Mobilitylevel 1 & 2.
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Ramp / Level Access - Ramp for wheelchair access to downstairs bedroom.
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Wheel-in Shower
- BBQs for visitors use
- Outdoor eating area
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Babes in Arms
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- CD player in lounge
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Colour television in lounge
- DVD available
- DVD player in lounge
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- LGBT Friendly
- Linen included
- Linen provided
- No Pets
- Number of Bathrooms - Five bathrooms
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Radio in lounge
- Single Sex groups welcome
- Stag and hen parties welcome
- Tumble dryer
- Video in lounge
- Wireless Internet Access
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Railway station within 5 miles - Shanklin or Lake are walking distance
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- BACS Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Midweek breaks
- Visa accepted
- Weekend breaks
- Country house
- Film or TV location
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Seafront - Situated on the cliff top with uninterupted sea views over Sandown Bay
Room / Unit Features
- Balcony some rooms
- Baths some rooms
- Broadband - Wi-Fi
- CD player some rooms
- Colour Television some rooms
- Colour TV
- Digital TV
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Drying facilities
- DVD Player some rooms
- Electricity Charges Included
- Gas Charges Included
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer available
- Ironing Facilities
- Ironing Facilities
- King sized bed all rooms
- No Smoking in Unit
- Queen sized beds some rooms
- Sea View all rooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers some rooms
- Six bedrooms
- Six bedrooms
- Telephone in unit
- Trouser press all rooms
- Washing Machine
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Historical Buildings
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
- Marine Villa from above
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, A3054 to Ryde, straight along Esplanade to boating lake, follow road round onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
From London, get a through ticket from Waterloo, which includes the Catamaran, to Shanklin.
From Ryde: please either visit the train station annexed to the Catamaran or travel on the No. 2 or 3 bus route
From West Cowes: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
From Yarmouth: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- 5 Visit England Stars
- 1 Accessibility - Mobility
- 2 Accessibility - Mobility
- Visit England Awards - Annual Gold 2017
- Visit England Awards - Cyclists Welcome 2014
- Visit England Awards - Walkers Welcome 2014
- Visit England Awards - Rose 2019
- Visit England Awards - Families Welcome 2014
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* We are open all year, weekends and mid week breaks except July through September when week long bookings only are available. Open for Christmas and New Year, BUT DON'T DELAY, THESE DATES OFTEN GO QUICKLY!