The Snowdon is a family run 4 star guest house situated just some 100 metres away from the spectacular cliff walk and views of Sandown Bay. We are ideally located for the sandy blue flag award beaches or walkways. Shanklin Old Village, the Town centre and the Theatre being only a few minutes walk away.
Here at the Snowdon good food is an important part of your holiday, we pride ourselves on the quality and presentation of our freshly prepared breakfasts. Dining is at separate tables with choices for vegetarians, so we are confident that there will be something for everyone. In 2010 we achieved the Egg Cup Breakfast Award from Visit England.
All of our seven bedrooms are individually decorated with en-suite, radio alarm clock, Cole & Lewis Toiletries, hair dryer, colour TV and tea / coffee making facilities. We can offer single, twin, double, superior double or four poster king size rooms, with a ground floor room available. There is off street parking for vehicles to the side of the building.
To compliment your holiday with us we have a comfortable, residents’ lounge, with a large screen digital TV. We also have a newly refurbished sun lounge/reading room to relax in.
Walkers and Cyclists are welcome.
Please note: Children who are 10 years old or over are welcome.
Quality Assurance Designator = Guest Accommodation
- Arrival Date:
- Sun , 23rd Feb 2020
- Departure Date:
- Mon , 24th Feb 2020
- No. of Nights:
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good19
- BrianT58Southampton, United KingdomGreat accomodation and excellent hostsMonday, 2nd September 2019Another year and another enjoyable stay at the Snowdon. We stayed in room 6 again which has a king size bed and an en-suite complete with enclosed shower, and twin basins. There are complimentary... Read full review
- markw20191Birmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyEnjoyed!Friday, 6th September 2019Visited here with my mom for a few days whilst visiting family. Generally we were pretty happy with this. It's convenient for shanklin. I was introduced to my room as it being a "small room". For a... Read full review
- ramsy43derbyTrip Type:CouplesExcellent one night staySunday, 22nd December 2019Fabulous bedroom, spotlessly clean and very roomy especially the bathroom. Loved the 4 poster bed, it was really comfortable. Breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice and beautifully cooked... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en-suite||from £73.00 to £81.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Four poster King en-suite||from £80.00 to £100.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Single en-suite Room||from £39.00 to £48.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior double en-suite room||from £75.00 to £82.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior Twin en-suite Room||from £73.00 to £81.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available - Breakfast served from 7am on request
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Minimum age: 10 Years
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Ferry discount available
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licensed for alcohol
- No Pets
- Open all year round
- Open New Year - Bed only
- Open on bank holidays
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Public Telephone
- Residents lounge open all day
- Wireless Internet Access
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Off-road parking
- On site parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Secure cycle parking
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- Four poster bed some rooms
- Four poster beds available
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- King sized bed some rooms
- Radio all rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Showers all rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom Ryde: please either visit the train station annexed to the Catamaran or travel on the No. 2 or 3 bus route
From West Cowes: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
From Yarmouth: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest Accommodation
- Visit England Awards - Annual Silver 2013
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Silver- Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
|Open New Year|
|Opening 2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 24 Dec 2020)|