Rowborough Cottage - BOOK ONLINE
- Stylish and relaxing country cottage
- Rural location with countryside views
- Free use of indoor pool and facilities at nearby Cheverton Farm
- 3 bedrooms with two bathrooms upstairs
- Wood-burning stove
- Large enclosed garden and patio with brick BBQ
- 10 minute drive to Newport and south coast beaches
- Near to unlimited cycling and walking trails in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- 1 mile from Shorwell village and dining pub
- High level of cleanliness and Covid 19 precautions. Contactless arrival and departure. Good to Go certified.
- Private heated indoor swimming pool (https://chevertonfarmholidays.co.uk/booking-tc/) shared with one other holiday cottage at nearby Cheverton Farm.
- Children's playground at the farm.
- Farm animals such as miniature donkeys, sheep (including lambs in the Spring), pigs, cows and chickens.
- Discounted ferry tickets available
- All towels and linen provided free of charge
- Broadband internet and smart TV including Netflix
- Free landline phone
- Baby equipment including travel cot, highchair, bed guard, baby bath, toys, listening device and stair gate
- Walking and cycling on the farm and beyond where there are numerous footpaths and bridleways. The more adventurous can use the Mountain bike trails www.isleofwightmountainbikecentre.com which are based at the farm.
- Hire bikes – including some electric bikes should be available to hire by Summer 2021.
- Our butchery www.isleofwightmeat.co.uk can supply you with top quality, salt dry aged beef, lamb and pork from our own farm. Order online to get a meat box delivered to your fridge in time for your stay.
- Area around the cottage is called the Bowcombe Valley (meaning beautiful) in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Sheep graze in the fields around the cottage and there is abundant wildlife in the surrounding fields and woods including hares, buzzards, partridges and red squirrels.
- Sea Eagles are often seen in the area!
- 10 minute drive to Newport and shops. Same distance to south coast sandy beaches.
A car is advised although the cottage is situated on the No 12 bus route which stops at Cheverton Farm. However, the bus only has 5 services per day with none after 6 pm so may not be suitable for guests who rely upon it.
Other things to note
- There are slopes in the back garden, steep stairs to the first floor and a sloping driveway. The property may not be suited to guests with mobility difficulties.
- Sorry no dogs at this property.
- The indoor pool and children’s playground are situated at the farm which is about 200m up the road towards Shorwell village. The pool is open from 7am to 10pm and shared with one other holiday cottage. One or two 90 minute sessions can be privately booked a day in advance.
- The internet speed is ofen quite slow due to the rural location, so gaming and streaming may not be possible. However Netflix is provided and can be used successfully.
- Supermarkets such as Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda will deliver to the cottage.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Rowborough Cottage||£125.00 per unit per night|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- BBQs for visitors use
- Outdoor eating area
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms
- Cot(s) available
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Outdoor children’s play area
- 2m distancing in place
- Advance booking essential
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Capacity limit
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless check-out
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Facilities must be booked
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking only
- Online booking possible
- Outside seating
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Colour television in lounge
- DVD player in lounge
- Ferry discount available
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- LGBT Friendly
- Linen available free of charge
- No Pets
- Number of Bathrooms
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Public Telephone
- Tumble dryer
- Wireless Internet Access
- Fitness facilities close by
- Indoor heated pool
- Indoor pool
- Swimming Pool close by
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Free parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Secure cycle parking
- American Express
- American Express accepted
- BACS Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners card
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Midweek breaks
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Weekend breaks
- Based on a Working Farm - Property is situated about 200m from Cheverton Farm where all facilities can be accessed free of charge.
- Countryside Setting
- In countryside
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms
- Colour Television some rooms
- Digital TV
- Drying facilities
- Hairdryer available
- Ironing Facilities
- Ironing Facilities
- King sized bed some rooms
- No Smoking in Unit
- Open Fire
- Radio in unit
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers some rooms
- Three bedrooms
- Washing Machine
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Shorwell.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Shorwell.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054, A3055, B3399 to Shorwell
Public Transport Directions
For further bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Open New Year|
|Open (12 Apr 2021 - 2 Jan 2023)|