No. of Pitches: 60. Open May - September
•The Park offers beautiful downland views in a countryside setting.
•Camping is on sheltered pitches all with hard road access and electrical hook-ups.
•Individual secluded super pitches are available on hard standing with water, main drainage and electrical hook-up.
•Facilities include a modern fully tiled toilet block. A Grade 2 listed barn is used as a TV and Games Room.
•Within two miles are the sandy beaches of Sandown and Shanklin.
Pitches are based on 2 adults & include a pitch fee. Child rates are available on application.
**AWARDED DAVID BELLAMY GOLD AWARD**
**AWARDED GREEN ISLAND GOLD AWARD**
Ferry inclusive prices available on request.
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Touring pitch for 2 people||£18.50 per pitch per night|
|Touring pitch for 3 persons||£22.50 per pitch per night|
|Touring pitch for 4 persons||£26.50 per pitch per night|
*All prices include a 10 amp electrical hook-up. Pitch Pirices £18 quoted for 2 people per night low season . High season for 2 people is £25 .Extra children 2 -14 years age will be charged £4 to £6 per night. Extra adults will be charged £8 to £10 per night.
We can book the car ferry for you if required. Please check our website for details.
- Disabled persons toilet - toilet and shower room for use by disabled and families. 20p token needed for shower (obtain these from reception)
- Ice Pack Freezing
- Restaurant - No restaurant on site. Across the road the garden centre serves meals 9.30am to 4pm. 15 mins walk down the road brings you to the Merrie Garden public house where food is available all day
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - no charge for children under 2
- Children's play area - under eights can have fun in the Wendy House with its attached slide also their is two bouncey toys
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome - families are welcome
- Outdoor children’s play area
- Calor/Camping Gaz purchase/exchange service
- Chemical closet emptying
- Chemical disposal point
- Chemical toilet disposal facilities
- Dedicated motor vehicle waste disposal point
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome
- Electric hook-up points - 10 amp hook up
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged - we can arrange a ferry for you from either Southampton. Portsmouth or Lymington
- Gas cylinder exchange
- Grass pitches
- Hard standing pitches
- Latest arrival time (24 hr clock) - latest arrival 8pm
- Launderette - two domestic washing machine and one tumble dryer
- Lighting throughout park
- Open on bank holidays
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Public toilets - large toilet/ shower block. note the showers cost 20p per shower
- Rallies welcome
- Showers - 20p coin needed for the showers
- Surfaced road
- Toilet Block
- Total number of touring pitches - 50 pitches for tents, motorhomes and caravans. A few long stay pitches backing onto the road
- Waste Disposal Point
- 18 hole golf course - 2 miles away
- Cycle Hire - we do not have cycles ourselves but there are local firms who will deliver them to the campsite for you
- Games room - Two pool tables, i table tennis table, Giant chess and draughts for the patio
- Snooker / Pool table
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance - Yes number 8 runs between Newport & Ryde
- Green Transport - a bus passes every hour which runs between Newport and Ryde
- Off-road parking - parking is next to your unit for one car
- On site parking - one car can be parked next to unit, Extra cars must be parked in the car park
- Parking next to pitch
- Railway station within 5 miles - midway between Shanklin Railway station and Sandown Railway station
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted - 2% charged on credit cards, no charge for debit cards
- JCB accepted - 2% charged on credit cards. no charge for debit cards
- Maestro Accepted - 2% charged on credit cards. no charge for debit cards
- MasterCard accepted - 2% charged on credit cards. no charge for debit cards
- Midweek breaks - we accept bookings from anyday to anyday
- Solo accepted - 2% charged on credit cards, No charge for debit cards
- Visa accepted - 2% charged on credit cards. No charge on debit cards
- Weekend breaks - we accept bookings from anyday to anyday
- Countryside Setting
- In countryside
Room / Unit Features
- Shaver Point/s
- Camping and Caravanning Club non members welcome
- Caravan Club non members welcome
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - In previous years we have been awarded the David Bellamy Gold Award and the Island Green Award
- Short breaks available
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
- Old Barn Touring Park Video
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3056 to Apse Heath/ Sandown.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3056 to Apse Heath.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3056 to Apse Heath/ Sandown.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 8
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 3 to Sandown and change to No. 8
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 8.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- 4 AA Pennants Holiday Park
- David Bellamy Conservation Awards - David Bellamy Gold 2013
- Green Island Awards - Green Island Award - Gold 2008
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Inclusive Accommodation Available 2018
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Silver- Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
|Opening 2019 (30 Apr 2019 - 28 Sept 2019)|