The Newport Quay is located in the heart of the glorious Isle of Wight's capital town of Newport. This 17th Century Grade II listed establishment is set in a quiet street, steeped in historical and architectural interest. Within walking distance there are a large selection of bars and restaurants. For guests on a business trip a selection of these will send your bill directly to us to be added onto your bill.
There are 12 warm and comfortable rooms for you to choose from. Four Poster and family rooms are available, as well as singles, doubles and triples. All have colour televisions, tea, coffee and hot chocolate making facilities, direct dial telephones, radio alarm clocks and complimentary bottled still water, biscuits and sweets. Ironing board and hairdryers are available on request, and we offer complimentary faxing and photocopying.
As well as our comfortable accommodation, you can relax in our restful lounge, with its original Victorian wood panelled walls, exposed beams and impressive fireplace. Ashtrays are provided in the courtyard as all of our rooms are non-smoking. A substantial English breakfast using fresh Isle of Wight produce is cooked to order, and served in our spacious dining room.
We can offer exclusive rates for the ferry and a free booking service. Additionally, Hendrik and Ethel will organise taxis, champagne, flowers or chocolates to make your stay perfect. Please ask for help with anything and we will do our best to make it happen. If you are staying for business or pleasure, you can be assured of a warm and friendly welcome at the Newport Quay.
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good59
- Keith FBradford, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBest Hotel AroundWednesday, 12th July 2017What can I say? Henrick made us feel very welcome and his continuing hospitality was immense. From booking us in with a slickness chain hotels would be envious of to helping us out with the island... Read full review
- Tony RAlton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFriendly B & BTuesday, 11th July 2017Friendly, helpful host, good breakfast, comfortable room with easy to work shower (some places you need an engineering degree to workout how to work the shower). Only able to stay one night on this... Read full review
- hollie67Southampton, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFestival stopoverFriday, 23rd June 2017Myself, husband, daughter and her boyfriend stayed at the Newport Quay in 2 rooms for one night over the Isle of Wight Festival weekend. Both bedrooms and bathrooms were wonderfully clean and well... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double ensuite room||from £70.00 to £90.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Double room en-suite - single occupancy||from £60.00 to £75.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family room en-suite x4||from £90.00 to £130.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family room ensuite x4 - Attic||from £90.00 to £130.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Four poster ensuite||from £75.00 to £95.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Single en-suite||from £50.00 to £65.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- In town/city centre
- Non smoking establishment
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
Parking & Transport
- On street parking only
- Secure cycle parking
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- American Express accepted
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Euros accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Four poster bed some rooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- King sized bed some rooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Safe some rooms
- Showers some rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- No smoking in dining area
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Residents lounge open all day
- Wireless Internet Access
- Baggage delivery for walkers
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport.
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 9 bus route to Newport.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 bus route to Newport.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
|Opening (4 Jan 2017 - 22 Dec 2017)|