The Newport Quay is located in the heart of the glorious Isle of Wight's capital town of Newport. This 17th Century Grade II listed establishment is set in a quiet street, steeped in historical and architectural interest. Within walking distance there are a large selection of bars and restaurants. For guests on a business trip a selection of these will send your bill directly to us to be added onto your bill.
There are 12 warm and comfortable rooms for you to choose from. Four Poster and family rooms are available, as well as singles, doubles and triples. All have colour televisions, tea, coffee and hot chocolate making facilities, direct dial telephones, radio alarm clocks and complimentary bottled still water, biscuits and sweets. Ironing board and hairdryers are available on request, and we offer complimentary faxing and photocopying.
As well as our comfortable accommodation, you can relax in our restful lounge, with its original Victorian wood panelled walls, exposed beams and impressive fireplace. Ashtrays are provided in the courtyard as all of our rooms are non-smoking. A substantial English breakfast using fresh Isle of Wight produce is cooked to order, and served in our spacious dining room.
We can offer exclusive rates for the ferry and a free booking service. Additionally, Hendrik and Ethel will organise taxis, champagne, flowers or chocolates to make your stay perfect. Please ask for help with anything and we will do our best to make it happen. If you are staying for business or pleasure, you can be assured of a warm and friendly welcome at the Newport Quay.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good57
- happyhols2017Windsor, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessPleasant team, working hard to make the hotel experience goodTuesday, 11th April 2017The hotel is an older building of character, which I liked. Nicely furnished, fabulous mattress on our huge 4 poster bed, at a good rate. Space a little limited, but not really a problem. Spa bath... Read full review
- Charlotte NTrip Type:Friends getawayLovely roomsMonday, 3rd April 2017Stayed here for one weekend night with friends. The host couldn't be more accommodating. The decor is quite dated but having a facelift and beds/rooms/bathrooms all comfortable and functional. Lost a... Read full review
- DandStravelBidefordTrip Type:FamilyOld but a bit tiredSunday, 19th February 2017We were met by the owner by way of a telephone on the reception table. Two adults and two kids meant the family room in the attic which excited the kids. It was a bit of a struggle to get the cases... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double ensuite room||from £70.00 to £90.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Double room en-suite - single occupancy||from £60.00 to £75.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family room en-suite x4||from £90.00 to £130.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family room ensuite x4 - Attic||from £90.00 to £130.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Four poster ensuite||from £75.00 to £95.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Single en-suite||from £50.00 to £65.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- In town/city centre
- Non smoking establishment
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
Parking & Transport
- On street parking only
- Secure cycle parking
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- American Express accepted
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Euros accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Four poster bed some rooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- King sized bed some rooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Safe some rooms
- Showers some rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- No smoking in dining area
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Residents lounge open all day
- Wireless Internet Access
- Baggage delivery for walkers
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport.
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 9 bus route to Newport.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 bus route to Newport.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
|Opening (4 Jan 2017 - 22 Dec 2017)|