LUXURY HOTEL, FULLY AIR-CONDITIONED, SWIMMING POOL, CLOSE TO BEACH, SORRY ONLY CHILDREN OVER 7 WELCOME, PRICES FROM £420 / ROOM / NIGHT.
Haven Hall is a luxurious hotel overlooking the sea on the Isle of Wight with 14 en-suite bedrooms including 6 suites with attached living rooms.
The property was built in 1908, after a recent £7,000,000 investment it's restored to its Edwardian splendour, with air-conditioning and high speed wifi throughout the building.
The 2 acre grounds include a heated swimming pool, grass tennis court and croquet lawn. There are facilities for arriving by Helicopter. Electric Vehicle Chargers available for guests only.
Alan Titchmarsh presented an award to Haven Hall for the best hotel garden in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2022.
Previous guests include Colin Firth and Peter Crouch with his wife Abbey Clancy.
We welcome children over 7 years old and we have three dog friendly rooms.
In 2023 TripAdvisor awarded Haven Hall Hotel number 2 in the UK for the small luxury hotel category - 5 rating out of 5 for reviews based on 512 reviews.
Short listed in 2021, 2020 and 2019 for the Best Small & Exclusive Hotel in the UK by conde nast johansens.
Booking.com Traveller Review Awards 2023 - 9.8 out of 10 based on 55 reviews.
Wight in Bloom Award 2023 - Runner Up - Best Commercial Garden.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good8
- Randolph RSan Francisco, CaliforniaSuperlative Hotel With ViewsSaturday, 7th October 2023My wife and I just spent three nights at Haven Hall and are in agreement with all of the superlative reviews. This is truly a first class boutique hotel (restored 1908 Edwardian house) with views... Read full review
- zena pTrip Type:CouplesRecommend visiting for understated luxury. The grounds and swimming pool amazing. Beautiful views from our bedroom.Saturday, 14th October 2023Incredible property, Victoria and Albert room exceeded our expectations. David and wife fantastic hosts. Really enjoyed the position overlooking the sea. Breakfast with home made lemon curd, and... Read full review
- Ian AWhy travel further (if you live in London) when you have Haven Hall on the IoWMonday, 23rd October 2023Glorious sea views, lovely swimming pool and croquet. Beautiful building and interiors, best breakfast (including veggie and vegan options) we've had in ages with lots of nice touches like honey from... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|2-bedroom Premium Suite||£1,250.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Premium rooms||£650.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Standard rooms||£420.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Suites with separate living room||£550.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Full liquor licence
- Serve breakfast
- Vegans catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children over 7 years old.
- Air conditioning throughout
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Business Services
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Dogs welcome - Two suites (GS1 & GS2) and one B&B room are dog-friendly. Suite GS2 has a private lawn & garden. Please contact Haven Hall for further information.
- Faxing facilities
- Ferry discount available
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use - 2 acres of Gardens with stunning sea views Alan Titchmarsh presented an award to Haven Hall for the Best Hotel Garden in 2017, 2018 & 2019 in Wight in Bloom.
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol
- Meeting rooms
- Night Keys
- No smoking in dining area
- Open Fire
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pets accepted - Two suites (GS1 and GS2) and one room SV1 are all dog-friendly - please contact owner / manager David at 07914 796494 for more information
- Pets welcome - Pets welcome in 3 rooms / Suites only. Please call owner / manager David at 07914 796494 for more information
- Real log/coal fires - Real log fire in Guest lounge
- Wireless Internet Access - All bedrooms and public rooms have free wifi
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Badminton court - Grass Tennis Court and Croquet lawn available Tennis racquets and croquet mallets and balls provided
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Golf Course close by
- Outdoor heated pool - Heated for 3 months during Summer
- Swimming Pool - Heated for 3 months in summer
- Tennis court - Private grass tennis court at Haven Hall for guests use
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Electric Vehicle Charging Point - Tesla & Electric Vehicle Charging available for accommodation guests only.
- Free parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking - Gated and secure parking for up to 25 cars.
- Railway station within walking distance - Shanklin railway station is 15-20 minute walk or 5 minutes in a taxi
- Secure cycle parking
- American Express
- American Express accepted
- Apple Pay accepted
- BACS Accepted
- Cash Accepted
- Cheques accepted
- Diners card
- Diners Club accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Celebrity connection - Previous guests at Haven Hall include Colin Firth, Peter Crouch & his wife Abbey Clancy, and Lawrence Kershen QC. Visitors to Haven Hall have included Baroness Virginia & Sir Peter Bottomley Dan Hannan MEP Lady Sally Grylls, Lord John Suffield
- Country house
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- Air conditioning in all rooms
- All rooms non-smoking
- Balcony some rooms - The 2-bedroom Penthouse suites has a balcony
- Baths all rooms
- Black Out facilities all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms - Smart TV in all rooms
- Digital TV All Rooms
- DVD Player some rooms - Penthouse and Gardenia Suite has DVD player
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Ground Floor Room(s) - Accessible B&B room available on the ground floor Suites GS1 & GS2 are ground floor flats
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms
- Ironing facilities in most rooms
- King sized bed all rooms - All super-king beds can be made up as 2 twin beds if requested.
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available - All rooms are non-smoking
- Radio all rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Safe all rooms - Laptop sized safe is provided in all bedrooms of suites and in all B&B bedrooms
- Sea View some rooms - All rooms have sea view except one suite (GS2) which has it's own private garden and patio.
- Shaver Point/s - All bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms with shaver sockets and heated mirrors
- Showers all rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Telephone all rooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Baggage delivery for walkers - Please contact Haven Hall with details
- Baggage Storage
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - CCTV cameras on property perimeter, exterior of building and in public areas. Haven Hall has a 2m high fence and electric gates which are only operable by guests and staff.
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
- Tour of Haven Hall Hotel with owners
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, A3054 to Ryde, straight along Esplanade to boating lake, follow road round onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice award 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Conde Nast Johansens - Finalist for Best Small & Exclusive Hotel in the UK 2021
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Wight in Bloom - Runner Up 2023
|Open (5 Mar 2024 - 22 Sept 2024)|