Our family run establishment offers that little bit more with an added touch of personal service.
The Hambledon Hotel provides the perfect holiday setting. In a central location, near to the Old Village, cliff walk, town centre, chine and sandy beaches, the hotel is the ideal centre from which to explore Shanklin and the rest of the beautiful Isle of Wight.
Optional evening dinner from £14.00 per person.
All rooms are en-suite
Colour TV, clock radios, plus tea and coffee facilities in all bedrooms.
Choice of menu, special diets catered for.
Separate licensed bar.
Ferry reservations arranged.
Special short breaks available, inclusive of car ferry.
Optional evening dinner from £14.00 per person.
Families and children of all ages welcome.
Family suites available.
Any-day bookings available
Bill and Jackie Grindley resident proprietors look forward to welcoming you to the Hambledon Hotel and promise you the kind of personal service that only a hotel of our size can offer.
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good18
- shazz100Ware, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyPerfect Hotel.Thursday, 20th July 2017Just returned from our second trip to The Hambledon Hotel and yet again it was perfect. Bill, Jackie and Family are the perfect hosts and nothing is too much trouble for them. The rooms are lovely... Read full review
- Margaret STrip Type:CouplesMid-week BreakWednesday, 12th July 2017Enjoyed a wonderful time with relatives from Australia. Excellent hospitality and accommodation. Good access to IOW attractions. Breakfast and Evening Meal very good value. Thanks to Bill and family... Read full review
- GSAmanKentTrip Type:FamilySimply the Best...Thursday, 29th June 2017We have been guests at the Hambledon Hotel many times, as a couple, with friends & family and as part of a walking group. Last week we took my wife's 88 year old mother for her first trip to the... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||from £30.00 to £33.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||from £30.00 to £33.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Suite En-suite Room||from £30.00 to £33.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Triple En-suite Room||from £30.00 to £33.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-suite Room||from £30.00 to £33.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms
- Baby Listening
- Children's Meals
- Cot(s) available
- Facilities for children
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Off-road parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Cater for vegetarians
- Evening meal available on request
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- Serve evening meal
- Special diets catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Drying facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Open Fire
- Queen sized beds some rooms
- Radio all rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Showers some rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Faxing facilities
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Groups welcome
- Licensed for alcohol
- Public Telephone
- Residents lounge open all day
- Cyclists welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom Ryde: please either visit the train station annexed to the Catamaran or travel on the No. 2 or 3 bus route
From West Cowes: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
From Yarmouth: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- 2 Visit England Stars Hotel
- Visit England Awards - Annual Silver 2013
- Green Island Awards - Green Island Award - Gold 2008
- Visit England Awards - Breakfast 2013
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Inclusive Accommodation Available 2017
|Opening (1 Mar 2017 - 31 Oct 2017)|