Our family run establishment offers that little bit more with an added touch of personal service.
The Hambledon Hotel provides the perfect holiday setting. In a central location, near to the Old Village, cliff walk, town centre, chine and sandy beaches, the hotel is the ideal centre from which to explore Shanklin and the rest of the beautiful Isle of Wight.
Optional evening dinner from £14.00 per person.
All rooms are en-suite
Colour TV, clock radios, plus tea and coffee facilities in all bedrooms.
Choice of menu, special diets catered for.
Separate licensed bar.
Ferry reservations arranged.
Special short breaks available, inclusive of car ferry.
Optional evening dinner from £14.00 per person.
Families and children of all ages welcome.
Family suites available.
Any-day bookings available
Bill and Jackie Grindley resident proprietors look forward to welcoming you to the Hambledon Hotel and promise you the kind of personal service that only a hotel of our size can offer.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good18
- BernieDTMLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBrilliant Weekend in ShanklinSunday, 16th April 2017We were offered tea in the lounge as soon as we walked through the front door and we soon felt very much at home. The other guests were mostly people who had stayed before and it would seem that The... Read full review
- MrsKPKPStoke-on-Trent, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat value for moneySaturday, 15th April 2017Booked this hotel last minute for 4 nights half board. Room was lovely and clean, with plenty of storage. Breakfast and dinner ran like a well oiled machine every day, the food was great too. The... Read full review
- con260459DunstableTrip Type:FamilyGreat Hotel, excellent value for money.Monday, 10th April 2017We booked for a family holiday, and wanted a Hotel, near the sea and town, and saw the reviews for the Hambledon. You couldn't ask for more. Clean, newly appointed rooms, (we were the first couple... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||from £30.00 to £33.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||from £30.00 to £33.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Suite En-suite Room||from £30.00 to £33.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Triple En-suite Room||from £30.00 to £33.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-suite Room||from £30.00 to £33.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms
- Baby Listening
- Children's Meals
- Cot(s) available
- Facilities for children
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Off-road parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Cater for vegetarians
- Evening meal available on request
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- Serve evening meal
- Special diets catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Drying facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Open Fire
- Queen sized beds some rooms
- Radio all rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Showers some rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Faxing facilities
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Groups welcome
- Licensed for alcohol
- Public Telephone
- Residents lounge open all day
- Cyclists welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom Ryde: please either visit the train station annexed to the Catamaran or travel on the No. 2 or 3 bus route
From West Cowes: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
From Yarmouth: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- 2 Visit England Stars Hotel
- Visit England Awards - Annual Silver 2013
- Green Island Awards - Green Island Award - Gold 2008
- Visit England Awards - Breakfast 2013
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Inclusive Accommodation Available 2017
|Opening (1 Mar 2017 - 31 Oct 2017)|