In 2016 and as in the last 3 previous years we have received an award for excellence from Trip Advisor and awards for excellence from Booking.com. Our rooms have been previously awarded a level1 mobility. Enabling us to offer some bedrooms for less able guests. The Cliffhall has undertaken a major refurbishment and we are pleased to advise that it was regraded as a 3 star silver guest accommodation in 2015.
The location of the Cliffhall enables it to offer unrivalled sea views and a central base to explore the Island.
We have two superior sea view ground floor rooms available with their own sun terrace. One of these rooms can be wheelchair friendly and both can be booked as a twin or a double. Also new we have two sea view rooms with Juliette balconies.
The Cliff Hall is surrounded by a variety of restaurants/pubs and cafes and therefore offers bed and breakfast only except in September (between 29th to the 4th September only) Where a half board option can be booked directly with us. Lunches available throughout the summer.
A level 1 mobility award indicates that the Cliff Hall has some bedrooms that have been graded officially, as suitable for older and less mobile guests. These are spacious rooms that can easily accommodate a wheelchair and have extra grab rails and removable seating in the showers.
The Cliff Hall boasts some of the best sea-views of the Island. Superbly situated on the cliffs above Shanklin beach and esplanade. A 4 minute walk to Shanklin High Street, leading to Shanklin Old Village. The hotel, built in Victorian times, has many original features, including ceilings copied from Osborne House. The public areas are elegant and spacious, designed for comfort. There is a conservatory offering panoramic sea views and a seating aree outside offering sun and panoramic sea views. Alsoavailable is a secluded sun terrace. For entertainment there is a bar and conservatory with games cupboard and table tennis, giant jenga and connect 4. Some live evening entertainment plus a weekly quiz night is available in high season only.
Great savings and genuine trade rates are offered on all ferry routes throughout the year.
All bedrooms are en-suite and many offer lovely sea views. Every room has a colour digital TV, tea and coffee making facilities and heating. Some of our sea view doubles/ twins are ground floor with sun terrace. These offer more space and separate seating areas, whilst others are upstairs offer better sea views. All our double /twin and family rooms have at least a king size bed and three of our single rooms have standard double beds in them. Generally our rooms are very spacious. Some rooms accommodate sofa beds, which can be used as seating or a child's bed.
Where ever you may be at the Cliff Hall Hotel you will realise that the sea and beach are near. The dining room and bar offer panoramic views of the sea and coast line. Free Wi - Fi is available in all public areas.
New for 2017 is our spacious games room. A great place for all ages to enjoy. Amenities include table tennis, tv, giant jenga and connect 4, a games cupboard and much more. Located just off the sun terrace why not relax with a book or a glass of wine and let the children play.
The hotel is bookable on bed and breakfast basis throughout the Summer month's. A Lunch menu is available and half board is available between the 29th August and the 4th September. Where a 2 or 3 course meal can be booked from £20.00 per head and is served in our comfortable dining room. Simply book your accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis and pay as you go . Our full breakfast menu is served between 08.30am to 10.00am where we have a cold buffet and hot choices available. A separate fish and omelette menu is also available.
Supplement applies when booking sea view rooms and sun terrace rooms. Please enquire.
*Children’s menu available.
Children 3yrs and under £5.00 per night (bed/breakfast).
*Children 4-13yrs old when sharing with an adult are £20.00 per night. Some larger rooms will accommodate an extra put u up bed. These need to be book directly with the hotel please and carry a charge of £20 per night.
An added attraction for children this year is the new outdoor activities area on Shanklin Esplanade (5 mins. walk from the hotel)
The attractions include 36 mini golf course with a pirates theme, bouncy castles. go carts and much more.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double/Twin en-suite||from £93.00 to £110.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Double/Twin-en-suite with sea view||from £114.00 to £138.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Single en-suite||from £44.00 to £58.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior double/twin with sea view and private sun terrace||from £134.00 to £145.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*£5 charge for children under 3 and cots. Some large rooms have capacity for a child put - u -up bed (up to 12yrs old) at a cost of £20.00 per night. This must be requested directly with the hotel please. Please indicate at time of booking whether a twin or double room is required on our dual usage rooms.
- Accessible Bedrooms
- Disabled Parking - A parking space can be reserved at the entrance of the hotel.
- Ramp / Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Bar meals
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available - From 07.30 am. Must be requested at time of booking.
- Evening meal available on request
- Half board supplement (£) - £20.00 per person for a 3 course meal ( available in September only ) Bookable directly with the Hotel.
- Lunch available, table service
- Outdoor eating area
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special diets catered for
- Vegans catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Children's Meals
- Cot(s) available
- Facilities for children - Children's menu, games cupboard and table tennis. Cots and high chairs available.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Food/bottle warming available
- Highchair(s) available
- Accept coach parties
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Ferry discount available
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Groups welcome
- Ironing facilities
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol
- Night Keys
- No Pets
- No smoking in dining area
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Prior Booking Recommended - For sea view rooms
- Public Telephone
- Regular evening entertainment
- Residents lounge open all day
- Single Sex groups welcome
- Smokers welcome
- Wireless Internet Access - In public area only
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Outdoor heated pool
- Snooker / Pool table
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance - a tourist bus route around the corner. However main bus stops, to take you all over the Island, 5 minutes walk away.
- Car parking - Car parking space for approx. 16 cars.
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- Off site parking
- Off-road parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- American Express
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners card
- Diners Club accepted
- Euros accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment
- Seafront - Overlooking the sea front.
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- King sized bed some rooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Queen sized beds some rooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers some rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Baggage Storage
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed to any other specialist market
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Free accommodation for coach driver
- Group discounts available
- Room/unit allocations available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom Ryde: please either visit the train station annexed to the Catamaran or travel on the No. 2 or 3 bus route
From West Cowes: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
From Yarmouth: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
BEDROOMS: FOR GUESTS WHO USE A WHEELCHAIR
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Open New Year|
|Open 2021 (15 Mar 2021 - 31 Oct 2021)|
|Closed (1 Nov 2021 - 14 Mar 2022)|
* Group bookings accepted through out the year. Please enquire.