The Channel View Hotel is in a unique location occupying an elevated cliff-top position overlooking Shanklin bay with its sandy beaches and safe bathing that the island is renowned for.
The hotel is owned by the Gino family who personally oversee all aspects of this popular hotel. They are justly proud of their reputation for quality with a warm welcome, efficient service, excellent food and attention to detail.
Channel View is renowned for its cuisine, prepared by the hotel's team of three experienced chefs. Start the day with a traditional English breakfast, whilst in the evening there is a varied dinner menu, with a selection of British, continental and vegetarian dishes. To further enhance your meal, you can choose a good bottle of wine from the well selected wine cellar with vintage port or liqueur to follow.
Evenings can be spent listening and dancing to the music in The Alverstone Room which is provided for your enjoyment several nights of the week by a variety of artistes. The Alverstone Room has a large maple sprung dance floor and a well-stocked bar.
Channel View is an excellent choice for you to make, a real discovery, a place to visit and return to when the thought of a few days away becomes irresistible. It is the ideal place to choose for a holiday, short break, honeymoon, anniversary, birthday, family get-together, business or pleasure. The Hotel offers full Wi-Fi access in all areas, including bedrooms.
All in all, the hotel offers you superb service, quality and exceptional value for money. The Gino family together with their staff look forward to welcoming you to Channel View to experience for yourself its truly unique atmosphere.
Ferry inclusive prices available on request.
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good71
- Sue ALondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA short but lovely treatSunday, 19th November 2017We stayed just one night at the Channel View Hotel, while seeing Swan Lake at Shanklin Theatre. It made the theatre trip into a real treat. Such a lovely hotel with lovely people. A complete contrast... Read full review
- Ann ETrip Type:CouplesShort BreakSaturday, 18th November 2017Stayed at this hotel for a short break in October . We checked in later and was greeted in a lovely way. We had a superior double room on the third floor and it was super. The view was amazing and... Read full review
- JillnPhil2015Worthing, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesEfficient and friendlyThursday, 16th November 2017My husband and I are very impressed with everything about The Channel View. The accommodation was perfect for us with wonderful views of the sea both from our room and the restaurant. I’ve never... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic Double||from £45.00 to £67.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Classic Single||from £45.00 to £67.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Classic Twin||from £45.00 to £67.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Deluxe Double||from £45.00 to £67.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Standard Double||from £45.00 to £67.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Standard Single||from £45.00 to £67.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Standard Twin||from £45.00 to £67.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double||from £45.00 to £67.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior Twin||from £45.00 to £67.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
*The Prices shown are for a Select rooms (rear or side facing)
Premier rooms have side facing sea views
Premier Plus room have front facing sea views.
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms
- Baby Listening
- Children's Meals
- Cot(s) available
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Indoor heated pool
- Sauna - Charge of £5.00 Open 07:30 until 18:00
- Solarium - Charge of £4.00 Open 07:30 until 18:00
- Spa Bath
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- Restaurant - Breakfast served between 08:00 and 09:30 Dinner is served between 18:15 and 20:15
- Room Service - Room Service ~ Charge £7.00 Breakfast, either continental or cooked from menu, can be served in your room between 08:00 and 09:30 Sandwiches, Cream teas, Tray of Tea or Coffee Available between 10:00 and 20:00
- Serve Evening Meal
- Special diets catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- Drying facilities
- Four poster bed some rooms
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Radio all rooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Showers some rooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Telephone all rooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Beach / Coast within walking distance - The Beach and Esplanade is just a short walk away
- Faxing facilities
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged
- Groups welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Licensed for alcohol
- Night porter
- No smoking in dining area
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Public Telephone
- Regular evening entertainment
- Residents lounge open all day
- Wireless Internet Access
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom Ryde: please either visit the train station annexed to the Catamaran or travel on the No. 2 or 3 bus route
From West Cowes: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
From Yarmouth: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- 3 Visit England Stars Hotel
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Inclusive Accommodation Available 2017
|Closed (1 Dec 2017 - 10 Mar 2018)|
|Opening (11 Mar 2018 - 30 Nov 2018)|