Brummell Barn - BOOK ONLINE
- Sleeps 12 in 5 bedrooms with 3 doubles (one can be twin) and 2 x triples (3ft beds)
- 4 bathrooms - one en-suite
- Lovely old converted barn on a working farm
- Surrounded by beautiful countryside and farm animals on IOW
- Suited to large family occasions and celebrations
- Large kitchen/diner downstairs and upstairs sitting-room with far reaching views
- Free use of indoor heated pool - shared with one other cottage
- Childrens' playground, snooker room and fitness room
- Discounted ferry tickets available
- Two well-behaved dogs allowed
- Private heated indoor swimming pool (https://chevertonfarmholidays.co.uk/booking-tc/) which is shared with one other holiday cottage.
- Farm animals such as miniature donkeys, sheep (including lambs in the Spring), pigs, cows and chickens.
- Broadband internet and smart TV including Netflix
- Baby equipment including travel cot, highchair, bed guard, baby bath, toys, and stair gates
- Walking and cycling on the farm and beyond where there are numerous footpaths and bridleways. The more adventurous can use the Mountain bike trails www.isleofwightmountainbikecentre.com which are based at the farm.
- Hire bikes – including some electric bikes should be available to hire by Summer 2021.
- Our farm butchery www.isleofwightmeat.co.uk can supply you with top quality, salt dry aged beef, lamb and pork from our own farm. Order online to get a meat box delivered to your fridge in time for your stay.
- Area around the cottage is called the Bowcombe Valley (meaning beautiful) in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Sheep graze in the fields around the cottage and there is abundant wildlife in the surrounding fields and woods including hares, buzzards, partridges and red squirrels.
- Sea Eagles are often seen in the area!
- 10 minute drive to Newport and shops. Same distance to south coast sandy beaches.
Cheverton Farm is on the Number 12 bus route between Newport and Freshwater. There is a bus stop outside the farm but with about 5 buses a day on this route and the last one before 6pm, it may not be viable for those without their own transport.
Other things to note
- The internet speed is often quite slow due to the rural location, so gaming and streaming may not be possible. Netflix is provided and can be used successfully.
- Supermarkets such as Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda will deliver to the cottage
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Brummell Barn||£275.00 per unit per night|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- BBQs for visitors use
- Outdoor eating area
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms
- Cot(s) available
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Outdoor children’s play area
- 2m distancing in place
- Advance booking essential
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless check-out
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Facilities must be booked
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Colour television in lounge
- Dogs welcome
- Ferry discount available
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- LGBT Friendly
- Linen available free of charge
- Number of Bathrooms
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pets accepted - Two well-behaved dogs are accepted.
- Tumble dryer
- Wireless Internet Access
- Garden games
- Indoor heated pool
- Snooker / Pool table
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Free parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Secure cycle parking
- American Express
- American Express accepted
- BACS Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners card
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Midweek breaks
- Visa accepted
- Weekend breaks
- Based on a Working Farm
- Countryside Setting
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms
- Colour TV
- Digital TV
- Digital TV Some Rooms
- Drying facilities
- Electricity Charges Included
- Five bedrooms
- Hairdryer some rooms
- Ironing Facilities
- King sized bed some rooms
- No Smoking in Unit
- Radio in unit
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers some rooms
- Washing Machine
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Shorwell.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Shorwell.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054, A3055, B3399 to Shorwell
Public Transport Directions
For further bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 2 Jan 2023)|