Open the door to the Victorian and Edwardian past and meet the islanders and the landscape they shaped.
• Can you find the old TB hospital and the WWII radar station?
• Discover the dramatic scenery and stories of the ancient undercliff
• Re-visit scenes enjoyed by Dickens, Thackery, Sterling, Carlisle and Marx
• Where’s the listening post that was run by the WAF?
• Experience the baronial splendour – the ball rooms and the early swimming pool of Steephill Castle
• See the working railway model; a true representation of travel once used to escort hordes of holiday makers to Ventnor
• Delve into the photographic history of old Ventnor and its outlying regions such as Blackgang Chine and Steephill Cove
Come and browse our onsite shop for a range of pamphlets, postcards, prints and publications.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.No
- Max group size - 30
- Min group size - 10
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A3055. Ventnor high street. Central car park 150yds.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Shanklin. Bus service 16 Shanklin Rail Link Direct every hour.
Bus 3 from Ryde stops directly outside and from Newport about 20 metres away, every 30mins
Bus 6 Newport via Niton every 60 minutes stop outside Boots in Highstreet.
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
|Open (1 Nov 2018 - 20 Apr 2019)|
|Open (22 Apr 2019 - 25 Oct 2019)|
* Ventnorville opening times: Saturday 1/12/2018 and Sunday 2/12/2018 from 11:00 to 16:00
We are closed for Christmas on Saturday 22/12/2018 and 29/12/2018 and re-open on Saturday 5/1/2019