The kitchen at The Royal excels in creating superb food that delights the senses, and ensures that dining at The Royal will be a highlight of your stay on the Isle of Wight.
Once patronised by Queen Victoria whenever she visited the area, our restaurant has been awarded two rosettes from the Automobile Association for twenty consecutive years, and has featured in the fabled Michelin Guide ever since its first publication.
“Set within an elegant hotel is this fittingly grand dining room hung with portraits and chandeliers. Good value light lunches are followed by more sophisticated dinners where old favourites are offered alongside more modern dishes.”
- MICHELIN guide inspectors 2017
Ventnor’s delightfully balmy climate lends itself to languorous meals outside, and we are happy to serve Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Apéritifs on our geranium-festooned verandah.
Our kitchen staff are equally happy to make up gourmet picnics to order, should you wish to venture further afield, at lofty heights of the Riviera Terrace overlooking Ventnor Bay. With panoramic views across Ventnor Bay and out to the glittering expanse of the English Channel beyond, the Riviera Terrace is surely one of the finest al fresco locations on the Isle of Wight!
- Accessible Lift
Children & Infants
- Children's Meals
- Highchair(s) available
Parking & Transport
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On site parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Cater for vegetarians
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Licensed for alcohol
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, at Whiteley Bank turn right for B3327 to Ventnor.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, at Whiteley Bank turn right for B3327 to Ventnor.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater, A3055 to Ventnor.
Public Transport Directions
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No.1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 3 or 6
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 3 or 6
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 Newport and change to 3 or 6
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good41
- Ginster87Isle of Wight, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent Food, Service and SurroundingsTuesday, 12th June 2018Recently went to The Royal for lunch with my husband. We've been before and it's always a great experience. Friendly and polite staff, speedy service, lovely surroundings and delicious food. Couldn't... Read full review
- petermoxon5Barnsley, United KingdomRetirement mealWednesday, 6th June 2018I have just been to the restaurant in the hotel and had a excellent meal I had a voucher from my work colleague for my retirement for £140 which they had collected the meal came £91.l was not offered... Read full review
- dicoz2015West Byfleet, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent hotel dining roomSaturday, 2nd June 2018Hotel guests tend to eat in the dining room as it is so good. Stylish decor, high ceilings, generous and well spaced tables. The menu is varied and well balanced using local produce. The food is... Read full review
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|