The kitchen at The Royal excels in creating superb food that delights the senses, and ensures that dining at The Royal will be a highlight of your stay on the Isle of Wight.
Once patronised by Queen Victoria whenever she visited the area, our restaurant has been awarded two rosettes from the Automobile Association for twenty consecutive years, and has featured in the fabled Michelin Guide ever since its first publication.
“Set within an elegant hotel is this fittingly grand dining room hung with portraits and chandeliers. Good value light lunches are followed by more sophisticated dinners where old favourites are offered alongside more modern dishes.”
- MICHELIN guide inspectors 2017
Ventnor’s delightfully balmy climate lends itself to languorous meals outside, and we are happy to serve Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Apéritifs on our geranium-festooned verandah.
Our kitchen staff are equally happy to make up gourmet picnics to order, should you wish to venture further afield, at lofty heights of the Riviera Terrace overlooking Ventnor Bay. With panoramic views across Ventnor Bay and out to the glittering expanse of the English Channel beyond, the Riviera Terrace is surely one of the finest al fresco locations on the Isle of Wight!
- Accessible Lift
- Cater for vegetarians
Children & Infants
- Children's Meals
- Highchair(s) available
- Licensed for alcohol
Parking & Transport
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On site parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, at Whiteley Bank turn right for B3327 to Ventnor.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, at Whiteley Bank turn right for B3327 to Ventnor.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater, A3055 to Ventnor.
Public Transport Directions
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No.1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 3 or 6
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 3 or 6
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 Newport and change to 3 or 6
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good46
- gillian4343Ventnor, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBirthday meal.Monday, 20th May 2019A group of eight were invited for lunch ,by a friend who was celebrating her Birthday. We all live locally and use the Royal on a fairly regular basis. We would visit more frequently but this group... Read full review
- WHCurtinBury St Edmunds, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAfternoon teaMonday, 20th May 2019My wife and I visited for a wonderful afternoon tea on Saturday 11th May. Had a lovely time, cakes were lovely, scones and sandwiches were too. The waiter was trying a bit too hard like he had read a... Read full review
- mauriceanthonylondonTrip Type:Couplesstayed hereFriday, 24th May 2019a traditional hotel with nice rooms and super breakfast , good sevvice , good value -we shall return. however , steep climb from beach Read full review
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|