|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|2 adults & up to 3 children||£22.50 per ticket|
|3-16 years||£5.50 per ticket|
|Adult||£6.50 per ticket|
|Disabled||£5.50 per ticket|
|Party Rate - 20 + visitors||£5.00 per ticket|
|RHS - Main Member Only||Free|
|Senior Citizen||£5.95 per ticket|
|Student - with ID||£5.95 per ticket|
Season Tickets available online or at the gate
Adult £12.50 (includes seniors & disabled adults)
Child £10.00 (3 to 16 years - only bookable alongside an adult/senior season ticket)
Family Ticket £30.00 (2 adults & 1 child)
Family Ticket £35.00 (2 adults & up to 3 children)
BOOK TICKETS ON WEBSITE.
RHS Partner Garden
This beautiful Model Village nestles in the grounds of the Old Vicarage. Set in nearly two acres of gorgeous landscaped gardens this is a real retro find - a quintessentially English visitor attraction. You will find scale models of Shanklin and Godshill villages as they were in the 1920's. Our cottages, pubs and churches are faithfully reproduced versions of the real buildings in 1/10th scale. Our garden railway is a must see - a snapshot of the Island Line of yesteryear!
As an RHS Partner Garden the Model Village is an unexpected place to find a huge collection of conifers and trees but here we have created a large collection of niwaki and cloud pruned specimens. Over the years we have gathered over 3,000 trees and shrubs to create our display. As with the Japanese tradition we have concentrated on using a chosen range of trees sculpting them individually, for maximum effect, to create the right atmosphere to offset the models. We buy in small specimens and then Fred our Gardener will plant, prune and shape them as they grow. Some of our trees are over 40 years old and have been shaped to retain their scale to the model houses. Our garden is unique on the Island providing inspiration for the novice gardener and envy for the expert!
Disabled visitors charged at group rate prices
Groups Rates available to parties of 20+
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Disabled persons toilet
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
- On-Site cafe/restaurant - A special treat for visitors to the Model Village. Open on fine days from May.
- Outdoor eating area - Nammet Hut open on fine days from May onwards
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site - Picnic lawn available - bring your own blankets or borrow one from us!
- Refreshments Available
Children & Infants
- Baby changing - Baby changing facilities available in the disabled toilet. Big enough to get a buggy in too!
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- 2m distancing in place
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- One way system
- Online booking possible
- Online ordering available
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Queuing system
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- All weather attraction
- Dogs Accepted - Well behaved dogs on a short lead. Owners must clear up after their dog if necessary.
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome
- Gift shop - Fantastic gift shop with something for every pocket.
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Open on bank holidays
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
Parking & Transport
- Free parking
- On site parking close by
- Parking (free) - Free car park available in the village just opposite the Griffin Pub
- American Express
- American Express accepted
- Approx length of visit - 30 - 45 minutes, much longer if customers do the fun quiz or stay for a cup of tea.
- Delta accepted
- Groups Accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Some no smoking areas
- Village Location
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - Group rates applicable for 20+
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Godshill.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Godshill.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Godshill.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
- Godshill Model Village
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good458
- Jason CSouthampton, United KingdomA piece of yester yearSaturday, 23rd October 2021I have hadn't been to the model village for some years and decided to pay it a visit. The whole village is very well maintained and is a credit to the staff who look after it. It shows the... Read full review
- robhalbertManchester, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPuts a smile on your faceTuesday, 26th October 2021What a great place Went with our little dog - so that he could look massive against all the models Spent a good hour or so wandering through the vast array of models set out in various pastiches of... Read full review
- lesleymL4785HZPortsmouth, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFantasticTuesday, 26th October 2021Bigger than I remember...we loved it. My only slight criticism is that I would have liked to go round again but the route took you through to the gift shop and we still had a couple of quiz questions... Read full review
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Regional and Miscellaneous - RHS Partner Garden 2016
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Open (12 Apr 2021 - 31 Oct 2021)|
|Open (9 Apr 2022 - 31 Oct 2022)|
* 10am - 4pm everyday.