|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|2 adults & up to 3 children||£16.00 per ticket|
|3-16 years||£3.75 per ticket|
|Adult||£4.75 per ticket|
|Carer||£3.00 per ticket|
|Senior Citizen||£4.25 per ticket|
Season Ticket - £7.50 added to entrance ticket paid & valid for that ticket only.
RHS Partner Garden & Winner of Wight in Bloom Small Tourist Attraction 2016
This beautiful Model Village nestles in the grounds of the Old Vicarage. Set in nearly two acres of gorgeous landscaped gardens this is a real retro find - a quintessentially English visitor attraction. You will find scale models of Shanklin and Godshill villages as they were in the 1920's. Our cottages, pubs and churches are faithfully reproduced versions of the real buildings in 1/10th scale. Our garden railway is a must see - a snapshot of the Island Line of yesteryear!
As an RHS Partner Garden the Model Village is an unexpected place to find a huge collection of conifers and trees but here we have created a large collection of niwaki and cloud pruned specimens. Over the years we have gathered over 3,000 trees and shrubs to create our display. As with the Japanese tradition we have concentrated on using a chosen range of trees sculpting them individually, for maximum effect, to create the right atmosphere to offset the models. We buy in small specimens and then Fred our Gardener will plant, prune and shape them as they grow. Some of our trees are over 40 years old and have been shaped to retain their scale to the model houses. Our garden is unique on the Island providing inspiration for the novice gardener and envy for the expert!
Opening times 2016:
Monday 9th March 10.00am to 4pm
Apr/May/June/Early Jul 10.00am to 5.00pm
Late July/August 10.00am to 6.00pm
Sept/Oct 10.00am to 5.00pm
Close 29th October
Disabled visitors charged at group rate prices
Groups Rates available to partys of 20+
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Some no smoking areas
- Village Location
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Disabled persons toilet
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
Children & Infants
- Baby changing - Baby changing facilities available in the disabled toilet. Big enough to get a buggy in too!
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
Parking & Transport
- Free parking
- On site parking close by
- Parking (free) - Free car park available in the village just opposite the Griffin Pub
- On-Site cafe/restaurant - A special treat for visitors to the Model Village. Open on fine days from May.
- Outdoor eating area - Nammet Hut open on fine days from May onwards
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site - Picnic lawn available - bring your own blankets or borrow one from us!
- Refreshments Available
- Approx length of visit - 30 - 45 minutes, much longer if customers do the fun quiz or stay for a cup of tea.
- Groups Accepted
- Special group rates
- All weather attraction
- Dogs Accepted - Well behaved dogs on a short lead. Owners must clear up after their dog if necessary.
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome
- Gift shop - Fantastic gift shop with something for every pocket.
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Open on bank holidays
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Godshill.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Godshill.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Godshill.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 2 or 3
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good333
- Peter MTrip Type:CouplesTruly captivating!Saturday, 22nd July 2017What an amazing place! The range of models - people, buildings, activities and sports, cars and planes - and the model railway are accurate and very detailed. The village is set within well... Read full review
- BedfordsimsBedford, ENGLANDTrip Type:FamilyStill brilliant even after 55 years!Saturday, 22nd July 2017Family of 4 plus two small children. Great time. The Model Village which I first visited in 1962 is still great and a throwback to a bygone age though with a few modern twists to keep it up to date. Read full review
- AndydomiSkipton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNice little walkFriday, 21st July 2017We drove past this place and decided to have a look, really nice place to go for a walk around the IOW, attention to detail is unbelievable. Kept very clean and overall it is a nice little walk. Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous - RHS Partner Garden 2016
|Opening (9 Mar 2017 - 31 Oct 2017)|
* Open every day from 10am from March to October