|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|2 adults & up to 3 children||£21.00 per ticket|
|3-16 years||£5.25 per ticket|
|Adult||£5.95 per ticket|
|Disabled Plus 1 free carer with ID||£5.25 per ticket|
|Party Rate - 20 + visitors||£5.00 per ticket|
|RHS - Main Member Only||Free|
|Senior Citizen||£5.50 per ticket|
|Student - with ID||£5.50 per ticket|
- Adult - £10.50 (includes seniors & disabled.
- Child - £8.50 (must be purchased with an adult or senior)
- Family (2+1) - £25
- Family (2+2 or 3) - £30
Godshill Model Village is open every day between 10am and 4pm up until and including the 1st November 2020. Book your tickets online by visiting their website.
There is a clear route in, with queuing area if needed. Contactless payments accepted at the entrance. There will be social distancing measures in place such as a one-way route around the Model Village. There will also be 'passing places' to move around other visitors if needed. A separate exit route will be available from the Model Village gardens. Hand sanitiser is available. There will also be a limit on number of visitors in the Model Village and gift shop.
BOOK TICKETS ON WEBSITE.
RHS Partner Garden
This beautiful Model Village nestles in the grounds of the Old Vicarage. Set in nearly two acres of gorgeous landscaped gardens this is a real retro find - a quintessentially English visitor attraction. You will find scale models of Shanklin and Godshill villages as they were in the 1920's. Our cottages, pubs and churches are faithfully reproduced versions of the real buildings in 1/10th scale. Our garden railway is a must see - a snapshot of the Island Line of yesteryear!
As an RHS Partner Garden the Model Village is an unexpected place to find a huge collection of conifers and trees but here we have created a large collection of niwaki and cloud pruned specimens. Over the years we have gathered over 3,000 trees and shrubs to create our display. As with the Japanese tradition we have concentrated on using a chosen range of trees sculpting them individually, for maximum effect, to create the right atmosphere to offset the models. We buy in small specimens and then Fred our Gardener will plant, prune and shape them as they grow. Some of our trees are over 40 years old and have been shaped to retain their scale to the model houses. Our garden is unique on the Island providing inspiration for the novice gardener and envy for the expert!
Disabled visitors charged at group rate prices
Groups Rates available to parties of 20+
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Disabled persons toilet
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
- On-Site cafe/restaurant - A special treat for visitors to the Model Village. Open on fine days from May.
- Outdoor eating area - Nammet Hut open on fine days from May onwards
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site - Picnic lawn available - bring your own blankets or borrow one from us!
- Refreshments Available
Children & Infants
- Baby changing - Baby changing facilities available in the disabled toilet. Big enough to get a buggy in too!
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- All weather attraction
- Dogs Accepted - Well behaved dogs on a short lead. Owners must clear up after their dog if necessary.
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome
- Gift shop - Fantastic gift shop with something for every pocket.
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Open on bank holidays
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
Parking & Transport
- Free parking
- On site parking close by
- Parking (free) - Free car park available in the village just opposite the Griffin Pub
- Approx length of visit - 30 - 45 minutes, much longer if customers do the fun quiz or stay for a cup of tea.
- Groups Accepted
- Special group rates
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Some no smoking areas
- Village Location
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Godshill.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Godshill.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Godshill.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 2 or 3
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good440
- EmilygouldPortsmouth, United KingdomThe best model village in the world! (OK, that I've been to)Wednesday, 14th October 2020This is my favourite model village. It is so well done, with the village having the actual village in it as well as other popular Isle of Wight places to visit. I couldn't recommend it enough. We... Read full review
- paulm242darwenTrip Type:CouplesA model villageThursday, 15th October 2020A rareity nowadays... but a good place to spend a couple of hours... the shop has some lovely things to browse over and purchase. Read full review
- Nigel LEngland, United KingdomAn IOW Must DoSaturday, 17th October 2020With distant childhood memories of the model village, I wanted to visit out of interest and also take our young grandson. Fearful I might be dragging the family to something that was rundown, I was... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous - RHS Partner Garden 2016
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
|Opening (5 Mar 2020 - 1 Nov 2020)|
* Open 10am - 4pm everyday until and including the 1st November. .
Please visit their website for up-to-date information - https://www.modelvillagegodshill.co.uk/