|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|2 adults & up to 3 children||£17.00 per ticket|
|3-16 years||£3.95 per ticket|
|Adult||£4.95 per ticket|
|Carer||£3.00 per ticket|
|Senior Citizen||£4.50 per ticket|
Season Ticket - £7.50 added to entrance ticket paid & valid for that ticket only.
RHS Partner Garden
This beautiful Model Village nestles in the grounds of the Old Vicarage. Set in nearly two acres of gorgeous landscaped gardens this is a real retro find - a quintessentially English visitor attraction. You will find scale models of Shanklin and Godshill villages as they were in the 1920's. Our cottages, pubs and churches are faithfully reproduced versions of the real buildings in 1/10th scale. Our garden railway is a must see - a snapshot of the Island Line of yesteryear!
As an RHS Partner Garden the Model Village is an unexpected place to find a huge collection of conifers and trees but here we have created a large collection of niwaki and cloud pruned specimens. Over the years we have gathered over 3,000 trees and shrubs to create our display. As with the Japanese tradition we have concentrated on using a chosen range of trees sculpting them individually, for maximum effect, to create the right atmosphere to offset the models. We buy in small specimens and then Fred our Gardener will plant, prune and shape them as they grow. Some of our trees are over 40 years old and have been shaped to retain their scale to the model houses. Our garden is unique on the Island providing inspiration for the novice gardener and envy for the expert!
Opening times 2018:
Monday 5th March 10.00am to 4pm
Apr/May/June/Early Jul 10.00am to 5.00pm
Late July/August 10.00am to 6.00pm
Sept/Oct 10.00am to 5.00pm
Close 28th October
Disabled visitors charged at group rate prices
Groups Rates available to parties of 20+
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Disabled persons toilet
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
- On-Site cafe/restaurant - A special treat for visitors to the Model Village. Open on fine days from May.
- Outdoor eating area - Nammet Hut open on fine days from May onwards
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site - Picnic lawn available - bring your own blankets or borrow one from us!
- Refreshments Available
Children & Infants
- Baby changing - Baby changing facilities available in the disabled toilet. Big enough to get a buggy in too!
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- All weather attraction
- Dogs Accepted - Well behaved dogs on a short lead. Owners must clear up after their dog if necessary.
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome
- Gift shop - Fantastic gift shop with something for every pocket.
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Open on bank holidays
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
Parking & Transport
- Free parking
- On site parking close by
- Parking (free) - Free car park available in the village just opposite the Griffin Pub
- Approx length of visit - 30 - 45 minutes, much longer if customers do the fun quiz or stay for a cup of tea.
- Groups Accepted
- Special group rates
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Some no smoking areas
- Village Location
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Godshill.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Godshill.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Godshill.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 2 or 3
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good406
- Matt DNorthampton, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat fun for allSaturday, 27th October 2018Good few hours spent at model village. Humour and accuracy with a quiz for young ones and a squirrel hunt for all. A blast from the past and well worth a visit. Read full review
- carolenglish37Exeter, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesOctoberWednesday, 31st October 2018WE have visited Godshill several times whilst on the Island, so there were no surprises all looked the same, pretty thatches, plenty of tea rooms,etc although late in the year, there were quite a few... Read full review
- chetnabhatiaTrip Type:FamilyMiniature Village, fun to look at.Tuesday, 6th November 2018Its good to spend few hours in there. Its really fun for Children. It shows miniature village with mini model houses and mini train lines, station, waterfall. it was Easter break when we went, there... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous - RHS Partner Garden 2016
|Opening (5 Mar 2019 - 28 Oct 2019)|
* Open every day from 10am from March to October