Prices from £20.50 Find full details and book online at: www.blackgangchine.com
Blackgang Chine is open in October half term. Book tickets online prior to your visit to guarantee entry on your chosen day. This applies to all guests including FVP holders.
There are several new measures and protocols in place including capacity limits, strategic hand washing and sanitisation stations, social distancing, improved signage, enhanced cleaning regimes, full staff training and more. Please visit Blackgang Chine's website for more information about what to expect when you visit.
Lose yourself in the Land of Imagination at Blackgang Chine…the UK’s oldest amusement park where you step out of the everyday and into a magical world where the only constraint is your own creativity.
Explore a world like no other where you truly can be whoever you want to be. Round up giant beasts as a courageous dinosaur keeper in Restricted Area 5; cast spells from your own castle as a magical fairy in Fairyland; chose to be either an outlaw or sheriff as a rootin’ tootin’ cowboy in Cowboy Town; challenge your friends to a duel aboard a battle ship as a swashbuckling pirate in Pirate Cove; or come face to face with a 60ft whale as a deep sea diver in Underwater Kingdom…where will your imagination take you?
Chances to brave an adrenaline-inducing roller coaster ride or speed down the waterslide, mixed with the wholesome nostalgia of Blackgang Chine’s quirky attractions, allow you to seamlessly experience classic adventure alongside timeless excitement.
On top of all that, you can watch the Land of Imagination come to life as Blackgang Chine celebrates a season filled with epic family-friendly events. From an action-packed dino-themed Easter and special guests in May to the biggest summer party for kids that the Isle of Wight has seen and a spooky Halloween-themed October, the park will keep you entertained throughout the year.
SCHOOLS & GROUPS - Every year hundreds of school parties from across the country visit Blackgang Chine. Children's' imaginations run wild as they enjoy the many themed areas around the park. For more information including rates please visit www.blackgangchine.com
JOINT PARK TICKETS
Blackgang Chine and Robin Hill offer a combined park ticket, allowing unlimited entry to both of the Island's favourite parks for a 7 day period. Not only does this ticket allow you the freedom to visit as many times as you like, when you like within the validity period. It also saves you money compared to purchasing tickets individually at each park. Please contact Blackgang Chine or Robin Hill for further information and prices.
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
The Islands Coaster bus travels the Islands South coast dinosaur sties and drops you off easily at the Backgang chine bus stop for this family fun historic theme park. Catch the Coaster bus at stops between Ryde and Freshwater. Alternatively take the Route 6 bus from Newport or Ventnor. Both routes carry four buses a day and the coaster bus even takes bicycles for free! Why not ride back home on your bikossourus?
* Bus info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
My Isle of Wight Awards 2018 award winner.
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Catering for groups
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site
- Refreshments Available
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Children's Meals
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Outdoor children’s play area
- 1m distancing in place
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Floors clearly marked for social distancing
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- Online booking possible
- Outside seating
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Queuing system
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- All weather attraction
- Dogs Accepted
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Gift shop
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Open on bank holidays
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Outdoor Attraction
- Smoking Areas Available
- Smoking Some Areas
- Some no smoking areas
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Information Point
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Shorwell, B3399 to Chale.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Shorwell, B3399 to Chale.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Chale.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
- Blackgang Chine Video
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good688
- ryan kBasingstoke, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyPoor foodSunday, 6th September 2020Park is great, very clean and Covid safe! Kids loved it! How ever the food was horrendous, poor choice, over priced. We were the first customers of the day and the salad was brown and dry. I had... Read full review
- michelle cSeaford, United KingdomYee Ha!!Thursday, 10th September 2020We pre-booked our day and went at the end of August. Great fun although very busy in the afternoon. Managing all the safety guidelines very well. With nearly everything open. Read full review
- emzycSunny SussexDisappointingFriday, 18th September 2020Food was horrendous. We ate in Cowboy Town and were the first to order that day. Our burgers, despite having apparently been cooked there and then, were lukewarm at best. The tiny bit of salad in a... Read full review
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence - 2019 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
|October Half Term (17 Oct 2020 - 31 Oct 2020)|
* Please see website for full opening calendar.