With Jack Up's 'Beat the Clock admission' the EARLIER you buy the MORE you save! For details of latest pricing head over to https://jackupthesummer.co.uk/
All persons attending the event aged 17 or under must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
JACK UP SUMMER PARTY - REMIXED!
Jack Up The 80s is renowned for being one big Summer party and that’s the true essence of what people love about it. Now there’s fabulous news for party-goers as this hugely popular event is broadening its appeal to allow for a richer variety of music.
Returning as ‘Jack Up The Summer’ in its traditional slot this August, this much loved family friendly throwback festival will continue to celebrate the upbeat, hand-clapping music of yesteryear, centred around party hits and feel-good music from the 80s and 90s. Not only will there be a variety of music but Jack Up The Summer will be hosting the Island's biggest ever Unicorn party! Come dressed in your neon 80s and 90s glitz and glam to celebrate the magic of this family friendly festival. There will be a Unicorn Creation Station organised by Enchanted Isle that will include accessories to transform yourself and a craft tent to create some magic of your own. Plus other local businesses will be providing body art, face painting, unicorn slush, unicorn gin and beer and much, much more.
Organisers said; “We’re now into our seventh year and with so many UK festivals having latterly fallen by the wayside it’s essential we allow the event to evolve naturally, but without losing any of the fun-loving charisma which embodies the Jack Up brand and makes it unique. We want to be able to bring audiences a wider variety of acts however it goes without saying we still absolutely love the 80s and the 80s spirit will always be at the heart of Jack Up The Summer. In fact, the 2019 edition of the event guarantees 100% 80s chart acts on one of the two days.
We continuously listen to the demands of our audience and have always thrown a number of curveballs into our line-ups, starting with The Hoosiers at the very first edition of the festival back in 2013. The tweak to the name is a simple adjustment to ensure the long-term sustainability of our retro promise, however loyal festival-goers can expect the same great, if not better experience.” It’s as a result of audience feedback that the event will also be relocating from its current home at Smallbrook Stadium in Ryde to North Fairlee Farm, alongside the River Medina just outside of Newport. Speaking of the move, organisers said; “We thought spreading the event out across two areas would enhance the festival offering however this caused families’ to become separated and the experience was quite disjointed. Being a family event Jack Up is all about togetherness so we’re ensuring a much safer environment for our customers by bringing the show back into one big field so that the kids can enjoy themselves at the funfair whilst the adults party on down to the music. This way no one misses out and all amenities are fully accessible.”
There are a number of artists performing at Jack Up The Summer:
* Heaven 17 - hugely iconic 80s electro-pop band. Their debut 1981 album 'Penthouse And Pavement', was, and remains, a highly acclaimed classic.
* East 17 - Kings of Cool East 17 will take to the stage on Sunday to incorporate a day of 90s music. East 17 notched up eighteen Top 20 singles and four Top 10 albums and were one of the most famous acts in the world during the early to mid 1990s.
* Aswad - arguably Britain's most successful reggae band after two decades on the music scene and with fifteen albums under their belts. Formed in the late 70s, Aswad, along with UB40, quickly became one of the most important reggae artists to ever emerge from the UK.
* 911 - British boy band 911 are performing on Sunday. The band were formed in 1995 and scored their first Top Ten hit in May 1996 and they had nine successive hits.
* Nick Heyward - one of the hottest and most popular artists from the 80s and front man of teen-pop sensations Haircut 100, which had four UK Top 10 hit singles.
* Republica - they dominated the charts in the 1990s with a string of catchy anthems. Formed in 1994 they sold an incredible 3 million albums and clinched Top 5 slots in the UK, America and Europe.
* Hugh Cornwell - the frontman, the guitarist and songwriter behind British rock band The Stranglers will be performing all of their iconic hits. The Stranglers enjoyed massive UK and European success with 10 hit albums and 21 Top Forty singles.
* Space - their quirky, uplifting brand of indie-pop will bring back smiles as they perform on stage. Space have sold over 5 million records worldwide and have had ten top 40 singles.
* Black Lace - best known for their novelty party anthems they spent 86 weeks in the UK charts in the 1980s. Their biggest hit 'Agadoo' reached number 2 in June 1984.
* Jive Bunny & the Mastermixers - English novelty pop music act will be mixing up the hits when they perform. The act had eleven entries in the UK singles chart between 1989 and 1991.
* Doctor and the Medics - British glam rock band are famed for their 2.4 million selling Number 1 hit in 18 countries 'Spirit in the Sky'.
* Noasis - the definitive tribute to Manchester's super group Oasis will pull out all the stops to perform all the very best Oasis athems.
* Phats & Small - chart topping dance outfit and festival favourites whose international hit ‘Turn Around’ shot the duo to fame in the 1990’s.
* Livin' Joy - Italian Eurodance band Livin’ Joy who were best known for their nineties hits ‘Dreamer’ and ‘Don’t Stop Movin’.
The festival will be opened on Friday 9th August with a ska party that will feature the Island's very own Ska'd for Life going head to head with the mighty Bad Manners. Both bands will provide great entertainment with Bad Manners being one of the most iconic bands from the ska revival in the 1980's. Tickets are on sale from the 3rd May at £15 per ticket. To book please visit www.jackupthesummer.co.uk
For more information and to buy tickets please visit www.jackupthesummer.co.uk
Map & Directions
- 2017 Highlights
- 2016 Highlights
- 2018 Highlights
|Open (10 Aug 2019 - 11 Aug 2019)|