Buddle Place is located on the southernmost point of the Isle of Wight close to St Catherine’s Lighthouse. Set in Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Buddle Place is an ideal base for coastal walks, exploring the countryside and observing wildlife. Beaches at Steephill Cove and Ventnor are a short drive away and Niton village a 10 minute walk.
The Stable – self catering sleeps up to 6:
The Stable was built from island stone in Victorian times and now has contemporary accommodation on one level for up to 6 people in 3 bedrooms: a master bedroom with en-suite and two twin bedrooms and main bathroom. There is a large living room with a view to the sea, wood burning stove and dining area. The kitchen is fully equipped including washing machine, dishwasher, microwave & freezer. The Stable has its own private sheltered south facing garden.
The Barn – self catering sleeps 4:
The Barn – formerly an 18th century cow barn – was a total ruin in 2012 and has now been converted very stylishly to sleep up to 4 people in a twin and double bedroom with two bathrooms. The south facing open plan living room leads onto a dining area and fully equipped kitchen. French doors open out onto a private garden and patio.
Ferry booking can be arranged - please contact us for more information.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Barn||from £620.00 to £1,440.00 per unit per week|
|The Stable||from £630.00 to £1,480.00 per unit per week|
*£30 supplement for one dog - please contact Buddle Place for more information.
- Accessible Bedrooms - In The Stable, the 2 twin bedrooms and main bathroom are on ground level, no stairs.
- BBQs for visitors use
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - High chair, travel cot ( linen not provided ) and stair gate are all available for babies & small children.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Linen available free of charge
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Pets accepted by arrangement - One dog accepted in the Barn only at a small extra charge.
- Tumble dryer
- Wireless Internet Access - Free WIFI
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - There is parking for one car per property in the Stable Yard and further parking on the street outside the gates.
- Cheques accepted
- In countryside
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Digital TV - Satellite TV.
- Drying facilities - tumble dryer in the garage & rotary airer in the garden.
- Hairdryer available
- Ironing Facilities
- Open Fire - Woodburning stove.
- Sea View some rooms
- Washing Machine
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Shorwell, B3399 to Chale, turn left onto A3055 to Niton.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Shorwell, B3399 to Chale, turn left onto A3055 to Niton.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater, A3055 to Niton.
Public Transport Directions
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 6
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 9 bus route to Newport and change to No. 6
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 6.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Short breaks available in low season, please contact us.