The Pilot Boat Inn at Bembridge on the Isle of Wight offers all its customers a warm and friendly welcome. The pub is located close to the harbour and within walking distance of the local village shops and amenities, so it is popular with locals, holiday makers and sailors of all ages. Everyone is welcome (including the family pet!).
The bar has a great atmosphere with a warm fire and sofas in the winter months and a popular sun terrace in the Summer.
The Pilot Boat serves good traditional pub food including Bembridge crab, seafood and a tapas bar menu. Much of the food is sourced locally and there is always a local beer.
The Pilot Boat Inn is certainly unique and its iconic shape is well known throughout the Isle of Wight. Its is easy to spot as you arrive in Bembridge as our much loved pub is shaped like a boat!
The Inn also offers bed and breakfast in five recently refurbished en-suite bedrooms all with nautical names.
- Arrival Date:
- Mon , 22nd Oct 2018
- Departure Date:
- Tues , 23rd Oct 2018
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double Ensuite Room||£90.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin/Double En-suite Room||£90.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Price varies depending on time of year so please ring us! 50% deposit required at time of booking. Discounts for single occupancy and/or length of stay available.
- Additional Meal Details - We are happy to provide supper for those arriving late on the Isle of Wight so please ring 01983 872077 to pre order your meal which can be timed for your arrival.
- Bar - Open all day
- Bar meals - We serve breakfast every morning, please see times when you arrive. Food is served every day from12am until late (please check times in the Winter as these may vary depending on demand).
- Cater for vegetarians - Our staff are happy to help and there are always vegetarian options on the menu
- Early breakfast available
- Evening meal available on request - Evening meals are served until approximately 9pm most days although sometimes in the Winter this may be a little earlier if it is not busy. If you are arriving late (ferry delays) we are very happy to take an order over the phone or by email. We always try to help when we can.
- Full liquor licence
- Lunch available, table service
- Outdoor eating area
- Restaurant - The restaurant is open between 12-2pm and 6-9pm most days of the year
- Serve breakfast - Breakfast is served everyday for overnight guests. Other breakfasts can be ordered if pre arranged.
- Serve evening meal - Meals are served between 6-9pm most days. It is advisable to book in peak season.
- Serve Evening Meal
- Serve lunch - Meals are served from 12-2 pm. There is also a sandwich menu at lunch times
- Special diets catered for - If you have a particular challenging diet a little warning might be required. We do try to cater for most needs.
- Vegans catered for - We are a small independent establishment and try to cater for most dietary requests however we may not always have exactly what you require. If you have any special desires please do let us know in advance and we will do our very best to accommodate your needs.
- Vegetarians catered for - We try to cater for all dietary requests.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Babes in Arms - We are delighted to welcome all ages to The Pilot Boat Inn. However we do not offer cots as we feel that parents may prefer to provide a bed that their baby is used to. We also do not offer a baby sitting service. Please remember there are other guests staying in the pub who may not have young children.
- Children's Meals - We do provide a menu for smaller appetites.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome - We welcome all ages to The Pilot Boat Inn. We are happy to put up one occasional extra bed for a child under 10 years if we have a room available which will accommodate the bed. Our rooms are not large and for older or two children you will need to book two rooms.
- Food/bottle warming available
- Highchair - Two high chairs available, please book in the busy season
- Highchair(s) available
- Available for wedding receptions
- Beach / Coast within walking distance - You can see the beach from The Pilot Boat Inn. It is just a couple of minutes walk from the pub, across the road to the sand dunes and the Harbour. It is ideal for all including dogs.
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome - We welcome children of all ages. Our rooms are not large so most cannot accommodate an extra bed. You will need to book an extra room
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome - All children are welcome
- Dogs admitted on a lead - We are delighted to have well behaved dogs at The Pilot Boat Inn. They are also very welcome to stay overnight. We do expect guests with dogs to be respectful to other visitors at the pub. Dogs must be on leads at all times, must not be allowed on beds or furniture, must not be left on their own in the rooms and owners must bring all their own equipment including towels for wet dogs.
- Dogs welcome - We are delighted to have well behaved dogs at The Pilot Boat Inn. They are also very welcome to stay overnight. We do expect guests with dogs to be respectful to other visitors at the pub. Dogs must be on leads at all times, must not be allowed on beds or furniture, must not be left on their own in the rooms and owners must bring all their own equipment including towels for wet dogs.
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged - We have a trade account with Wightlink ferries. Any guests who book with us are welcome to use it.
- Garden/patio for guests' use - There is a small outside terrace area to the rear of the property which is popular in the summer. There are tables and chairs and it is a sunny spot.
- Gay/Lesbian Friendly - We welcome all guests.
- Groups welcome - We welcome small groups to stay. We only have five double en suite rooms but do have other accommodation nearby.
- Ironing facilities - We have an ironing board and iron which is available for guests to use. It is stored in our laundry so guests will need to ask a member of staff if they need to use it.
- Licensed for alcohol - We are a fully licensed pub serving alcohol every day.
- Night Keys - Guests staying at The Pilot Boat Inn have independent access to the bedrooms. They will be given a key and the rooms are accessible 24 hours a day.
- Number of Bathrooms - All our rooms have en suite shower rooms.
- Open all year round - We are open all year although we do close occasionally for maintenance or sometimes at Christmas to give our hard working staff a break.
- Open Christmas - Usually our rooms are open for Christmas although the pub is often closed to give our staff a couple of days to spend with their families. Those staying will receive a breakfast hamper on request on Christmas day. Normal breakfast is served on all other days.
- Open New Year - We are always open for New Year
- Open on bank holidays - We are always open and usually very busy particularly in the Summer on Bank Holidays. Advisable to book both rooms and tables in advance.
- Patio/Terrace for guests use - We have a sunny terrace to the back of the pub which guests are welcome to use. It is popular with people having lunch in the Summer.
- Pets accepted
- Pets accepted by arrangement - We are delighted to have well behaved dogs at The Pilot Boat Inn. They are also very welcome to stay overnight. We do expect guests with dogs to be respectful to other visitors at the pub. Dogs must be on leads at all times, must not be allowed on beds or furniture, must not be left on their own in the rooms and owners must bring all their own equipment including towels for wet dogs.
- Pets welcome
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs) - All children are welcome. Children are always the responsibility of the parents and we just ask parents to respect other visitors to the pub.
- Prior Booking Recommended - Definitely recommended particularly during holiday periods
- Real log/coal fires
- Single Sex groups welcome - Everyone is always welcome.
- Smokers welcome - Everyone is welcome. There is no smoking throughout the pub but smokers are welcome to use the terrace at the back of the pub. We just ask you to be respectful of other non smokers and to put any used cigarette ends in the ash trays provided.
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Internet Access - Available for guests staying at the pub on request.
- 18 hole golf course - Shanklin & Sandown Golf Club 01983 404242
- 9 hole golf course - Westridge Golf Centre www.westridgegolfcentre.co.uk
- Access to golf course - There are several golf courses on the Isle of Wight. Sandown Golf Course is an 18 hole course and a few minutes drive from the pub
- Arrangements for riding / pony trekking - There is a riding stable in Bembridge
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking - There is a local riding stables in Bembridge, Sally's Riding School. Ring 01983 872260 for more information. www.sallysridingschool.com
- Cycle Hire - Cycle hire can be arranged with a local company. Electric bikes are available from the pub during the summer.
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance - The Pilot Boat Inn offers delicious home cooked food but if you are staying a couple of nights you might like to try other eating establishments (there are lots to choose from) in Bembridge village.
- Fishing - Fishing trips are available from Bembridge Harbour
- Games room - The Pilot Boat Inn does not have a separate games room but offers board games for all to enjoy and darts on request.
- Golf Course close by - Sandown Golf Course, approximately 5 miles away
- Water sports facilities - Water sports activities are available on Bembridge Harbour at St Helens Duver. www.tackt-isle.co.uk
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance - There is a bus stop just a couple of seconds from the pub. The bus routes take you either to Ryde and the rest of the Island or into the village and to Sandown.
- Car parking - There are seven free car park spaces outside the pub, plenty of free parking nearby
- Free parking - We have seven parking spaces available outside the pub and there is ample parking nearby
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking - Seven car park spaces immediately outside the pub
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Secure cycle parking - We have two bike bunkers offering secure overnight storage for up to 6 bicycles.
- American Express
- American Express accepted
- Cash Accepted
- Cheques accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners card
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates - Please email email@example.com for details
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Celebrity connection - The Pilot Boat Inn is featured on Channel 4's Four in a bed and can also be found on British Pathe film clips www.britishpathe.com Film ID: 1246.14; www.channel4.com Four in a Bed Episode 33
- Inn - The Pilot Boat Inn is a guest house offering bed and breakfast accommodation on Bembridge Harbour. The Inn is also a popular pub serving a good selection of local ales and home cooked food.
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment - Smoking is only allowed outside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - The Pilot Boat Inn was converted to it's iconic boat shape in 1937. It is now quite a feature as you arrive at Bembridge.
- Seafront - The Pilot Boat Inn is close to Bembridge Harbour. Although the pub does not have direct access to the beach it is only a short hop to the harbour and one of the best beaches in Bembridge. Perfect for all and popular with children, sailors and even dogs!
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Colour Television some rooms - All rooms
- Digital TV
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Drying facilities
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms
- King sized bed all rooms - Three rooms can have either super king sized beds or twin beds
- King sized bed some rooms - Two rooms have king sized beds
- Non smoking rooms available - All our rooms are non smoking
- Radio all rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms - Available on the tv
- Radio some rooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms - All bedrooms are provided with a good selection of teas, coffee and often hot chocolate! There are also biscuits for afternoon tea.
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Baggage delivery for walkers - Several companies on the Island use our accommodation for walkers. Luggage is regularly delivered in advance of the walkers and collected.
- Baggage Storage - Occasionally you might arrive early and want us to store you luggage or will not be leaving promptly. We are happy to store but any luggage left will not be locked securely.
- Cyclists welcome - All cyclists are most welcome. We have storage for a small number of bicycles overnight.
- Marketed as gay friendly - We welcome all guests
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure overnight parking for bicycles in bike bunkers located in the terrace area
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - All guests are made to feel welcome both in the bar and restaurant. We have a friendly team who will look after all our guests. Outside areas are well lit.
- Special provisions for walkers - Walkers are most welcome.
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, 2nd exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Ryde, along Esplanade to boating lake, follow road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, B3330 to St Helens, B3395 to Bembridge.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde then as above.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde then as above.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 8
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 8
From Yarmouth ferry: No 7 to Newport and change to No. 8.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Inclusive Accommodation Available 2018
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* The Pilot Boat Inn is open all year. The bar is open all day and the restaurant serves meals from 12-2pm and 6-9pm every day, although in the winter these may vary.