The Lyndhurst has recently been refurbished to a contemporary style but retaining the original Victorian features. Sandown more than hundred years ago was a favourite holiday home for the Victorians, as the Island was the home of Queen Victoria and Albert in Osborne House which is open to the public.
Lyndhurst is set in a quiet road with off road parking, and is minutes walk from the sandy beach of Sandown bay and cliff path walk to Shanklin. It is also minutes from the pier, leisure centre, buses and train station.
Sandown bay has many things to do and visit including the tiger and big cat sanctuary, the dinosaur museum, putting and golf courses, children’s play areas. Fishing is also a favourite with the locals and a fishing and tackle shop is near by.
The Lyndhurst is a good location for cyclist and walkers, with the downs and railway track. We also have facilities for leaving bicycles.
* Rates - reduction for children. Please contact Lyndhurst Guest House for further information.
* Some of the double en-suite room can be made to twins or triples rooms.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double En-suite||from £25.00 to £35.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Twin En-suite Linked with a Double En-suite||from £25.00 to £35.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Family En-suite||from £25.00 to £35.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Double En-suite Linked with Family En-suite||from £25.00 to £35.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Single En-suite||from £25.00 to £35.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-suite||from £25.00 to £35.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Triple En-suite Linked with a Twin En-suite||from £25.00 to £35.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Ironing facilities - Iron & Ironing Board Available.
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Public Telephone
- Radio in lounge
- Residents lounge open all day
- Wireless Internet Access
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Fitness facilities close by
- Swimming Pool close by
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On site parking
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- Cash Accepted
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Hairdryer available
- Internet access all rooms
- Ironing facilities in most rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3056 to Lake, A3055 to Sandown.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3056 to Lake, A3055 to Sandown.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom Ryde: please either visit the train station annexed to the Catamaran to Sandown or travel on the No. 2 or 3 bus route.
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2, 3 or 8.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 Newport and change to No. 2, 3 or 8.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest Accommodation
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|