Needles Old Battery:
* Spectacularly sited cliff top fort with the best views of The Needles Rocks.
* Regularly updated exhibitions and displays.
* Intriguing history brought to life comic-book style.
* Memorabilia from World War II.
* Underground tunnel with a unique bird's eye view of The Needles.
* Tearoom in old look-out tower with dramatic views.
* Children's activity pack free to borrow: find out what it was like to be a soldier on watch.
* Children’s soldier and inspector trails: free trail sheets for different ages.
* Miles of wonderful cliff top walks stretching from the Needles Headland to Freshwater Bay.
* National Trust Members - FREE
*In the words of one visitor: 'we came for the views, but found so much more.'
Needles Old Battery
Open daily 15 March 2014 to 2 November 2014 10.30am - 5pm (last admission 4.30pm)
Closes dusk if earlier
PRICES: See opposite
Property closes in high winds; please phone on day of visit to check.
Needles New Battery:
*The underground rooms of the New Battery situated next to the bus turning point contain an exhibition about the secret rocket testing carried out on the site in the 1950s and 60s.
* Refreshment kiosk serving drinks, ice cream and snacks.
Open daily 15 March 2014 to 2 November 2014. 11am - 4pm.
Property closes in high winds please phone on day of visit to check.
PRICES: Admission to the Needles New Battery is free.
Group visits and school visits available – please contact property for details.
Please note there is no vehicular access to the Needles headland or Batteries. For disabled access please phone 01983 754772 or email email@example.com.
Reduced fare available to National Trust members on Needles Tour Bus (run by Southern Vectis). Please ask driver for details.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult GAOE||£5.90 per ticket|
|Adult Group||£4.50 per ticket|
|Adult Standard||£5.30 per ticket|
|Child Group||£2.25 per ticket|
|Child Standard||£2.65 per ticket|
|Chilg GAOE||£2.95 per ticket|
|Family GAOE||£14.75 per ticket|
|Family Standard||£13.25 per ticket|
* Gift Aid on Entry (GAOE) tickets Include a voluntary 10% donation; visitors can, however, choose to pay the standard admission prices which are displayed at the property and at www.nationaltrust.org.uk
Admission to the Needles New Battery is free.
Group visits and school visits available – please contact property for details
|Tea Room (08/11/2014 - 14/12/2014)|
* Last entry 4.30pm. New Battery may open school holidays and other days when possible. Please note the property may have to close in high winds. Please phone to check (01983) 754772.
The final meteorite on the Dinosaur Island augmented reality trail takes you to one of the Isle of...0.06 miles away
Alum Bay beach is undoubtedly one of the most picturesque beaches on the Isle of Wight. This mainly...0.49 miles away
We offer two types of trip, firstly the traditional cruise to view the Needles rocks, lighthouse,...0.59 miles away
As soon as you think of the Isle of Wight the iconic image of the world famous chairlift taking you...0.59 miles away
Totland Bay is a picturesque sandy beach, ideal for swimming, with clear turquoise waters and far...1.98 miles away
Freshwater Bay is one of the most picturesque beaches in West Wight and lies just to the South of...2.97 miles away
We love outdoor adventure activities, and we want to show you why we love them. Our adventures are...3.24 miles away
Enjoy unrivalled sports, leisure and spa facilities…
Whether you are looking to re-energise and...3.72 miles away
The Aquarium aims to allow visitors to come face to face with many of the amazing creatures found...3.92 miles away
A Tudor Castle in a beautiful seaside town. Climb to the battlements and enjoy the very best views...4.53 miles away
The penultimate stop on the Dinosaur Island augmented reality trail is at Hanover Point, set above...4.73 miles away
One of the Isle of Wight’s best kept secrets is Compton Beach. Located in West Wight, Compton...4.73 miles away
Brook Beach can be found on the unspoiled south west coast of the Isle of Wight, and is a beach...5.29 miles away
Visit our award winning (My Isle of Wight Award - Best Place to get Crafty 2013) working studio at...6.01 miles away
At Isle of Wight Pearl, we have the most extensive range of pearl jewellery in the UK. Whether...7.04 miles away
The Dinosaur Expeditions, Conservation & Palaeoart Centre is a Community Interest Company run on...9.12 miles away