Needles Old Battery:
* Spectacularly sited cliff top fort with the best views of The Needles Rocks.
* Regularly updated exhibitions and displays.
* Intriguing history brought to life comic-book style.
* Memorabilia from World War II.
* Underground tunnel with a unique bird's eye view of The Needles.
* Tearoom in old look-out tower with dramatic views.
* Children's activity pack free to borrow: find out what it was like to be a soldier on watch.
* Children’s soldier and inspector trails: free trail sheets for different ages.
* Miles of wonderful cliff top walks stretching from the Needles Headland to Freshwater Bay.
* National Trust Members - FREE
*In the words of one visitor: 'we came for the views, but found so much more.'
Open: Needles Old Battery tea-room:
Open Saturdays & Sundays 11am - 3pm until 16 December 2012 & 5 January to 3 March 2013. (During spring half term also open daily 16-24 February). Overlooking the Needles rocks this is the perfect place to stop when walking on the headland. The tea-room serves home-made cakes, sandwiches, soup and light refreshments and as the rest of the site is closed there is no admission charge.
Needles Old Battery
Open daily 16th March 2013 to 3 November 2013 10.30am - 5pm (last admission 4.30pm)
Closes dusk if earlier
Property closes in high winds; please phone on day of visit to check.
Gift Aid Admission*:
Adult £5.30, Child £2.65, Family £13.25 *Including a voluntary 10% donation; visitors can however choose to pay the standard admission prices which are displayed at the property and at www.nationaltrust.org.uk
Needles New Battery:
*The underground rooms of the New Battery situated next to the bus turning point contain an exhibition about the secret rocket testing carried out on the site in the 1950s and 60s.
* Refreshment kiosk serving drinks, ice cream and snacks.
Open: Tuesdays, Thursdays. Saturdays & Sundays, plus school holidays and other days where possible (please phone to check) 16th March 2013 to 3rd November 2013. 11am - 4pm.
Property closes in high winds.
PRICES: Admission to the Needles New Battery is free.
Group visits and school visits available – please contact property for details.
Please note there is no vehicular access to the Needles headland or Batteries. For disabled access please phone 01983 754772 or email email@example.com.
Reduced fare available to National Trust members on Needles Tour Bus (run by Southern Vectis). Please ask driver for details.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult GAOE||£5.90 per ticket|
|Adult Group||£4.50 per ticket|
|Adult Standard||£5.30 per ticket|
|Child Group||£2.25 per ticket|
|Child Standard||£2.65 per ticket|
|Chilg GAOE||£2.95 per ticket|
|Family GAOE||£14.75 per ticket|
|Family Standard||£13.25 per ticket|
* Gift Aid on Entry (GAOE) tickets Include a voluntary 10% donation; visitors can, however, choose to pay the standard admission prices which are displayed at the property and at www.nationaltrust.org.uk
Admission to the Needles New Battery is free.
Group visits and school visits available – please contact property for details
|Needles New Battery (15/03/2014 - 02/11/2014)|
|Battery and Tea Room (15/03/2014 - 02/11/2014)|
|Tea Room (08/11/2014 - 14/12/2014)|
* Last entry 4.30pm. New Battery may open school holidays and other days when possible. Please note the property may have to close in high winds. Please phone to check (01983) 754772.
The final meteorite on the Dinosaur Island augmented reality trail takes you to one of the Isle of...0.06 miles away
Alum Bay beach is undoubtedly one of the most picturesque beaches on the Isle of Wight. This mainly...0.49 miles away
As soon as you think of the Isle of Wight the iconic image of the world famous chairlift taking you...0.59 miles away
Totland Bay is a picturesque sandy beach, ideal for swimming, with clear turquoise waters and far...1.98 miles away
We have been teaching paragliding since 1981 and have become one of the most successful schools in...2.92 miles away
Freshwater Bay is one of the most picturesque beaches in West Wight and lies just to the South of...2.97 miles away
Enjoy unrivalled sports, leisure and spa facilities…
Whether you are looking to re-energise and...3.72 miles away
The Aquarium aims to allow visitors to come face to face with many of the amazing creatures found...3.92 miles away
50 acres of woodland centred around a Victorian Fort.
Guided Ranger Tours - please contact the...3.92 miles away
Discover a hidden underwater world!
Come to Sunken Secrets at Fort Victoria and get closer to...3.92 miles away
A Tudor Castle in a beautiful seaside town. Climb to the battlements and enjoy the very best views...4.53 miles away
One of the Isle of Wight’s best kept secrets is Compton Beach. Located in West Wight, Compton...4.73 miles away
The penultimate stop on the Dinosaur Island augmented reality trail is at Hanover Point, set above...4.73 miles away
Brook Beach can be found on the unspoiled south west coast of the Isle of Wight, and is a beach...5.29 miles away
Visit our working studio at Chessell Pottery Barns where you can have a go at painting your own...6.01 miles away
Mottistone Gardens, which is in the care of the National Trust, is one of the most peaceful and...6.53 miles away