|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Travel Ticket Online Price||£11.50 per ticket|
|Child Travel Ticket Online Price||£6.00 per ticket|
|Family Travel Ticket Online Price||£29.00 per ticket|
|Infant Ticket 0-4 years||Free|
* Family Tickets - Available for two adults and two children travelling together.
* Infant Tickets - These are subject to a maximum of two infants per fare-paying adult. Otherwise carried at child rate.
* Dogs - Must be kept on a short lead at all times. Conveyed subject to the safety and comfort of other passengers, and at the Railway’s discretion.
* Site Admission - Charges vary for some Special Events.
* Group Visits - We offer Groups of 10 or more persons reduced rates if booked in advance. School and pre-school parties are welcome and special fares are available, together with educational packs. For more details please contact email@example.com. We also welcome enquiries from Coach Operators and Drivers.
* General Information - Charges may be revised at any time and will vary for special trains and events. Full journey return tickets generally allow unlimited travel on day of validity only (subject always to availability), but not on some special events for which special tickets are required, plus admission to all stations, Train Story Visitor Centre, small Artefacts Museum, Children's Play Area, Woodland Walk, and (subject to any working restrictions) the Carriage & Wagon Workshop and train story.
CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR TICKET ON-LINE (SAVE by booking online in advance of your visit).
Inspiring, Surprising and Award-Winning … Equally appealing to adults and families, your visit to The Isle of Wight Steam Railway will charm, engage and captivate, leaving you with some lasting memories of a special day out.
Step back to a bygone era when steam power was the order of the day. Thrill to the sight and sound of powerful majestic steam engines and breathe in the evocative smells of a real steam railway. Soak-up the rhythm of quiet rural stations while enjoying the friendliness of traditionally uniformed staff.
Settle back in beautifully restored Victorian and Edwardian carriages and discover an idyllic view of the Island’s unspoilt countryside ... or hop off at one of our stations and just watch the trains go by! Keep an eye out for a red squirrel or deer darting away from the train as you pass through ancient woodland - And watch for a solitary kestrel perched on a fence post looking for prey as the train ambles through open farmland and sweeping Downland!
Our Locomotives and Carriages have all been painstakingly restored to pristine condition and are the hallmark of our delightful railway. Our oldest locomotive was built in 1876 and carriages date back to 1864!
Explore our Train Story Discovery Centre, a fabulous new attraction bringing to life those swaggering locomotives, cheerful carriages and quirky wagons, uncovering their impact on all our lives and showing what happened when no longer needed on the railways!
We are one of Britain’s Heritage Railways and a registered educational charity, and we have often been recognised with awards and commendations. The IW Steam Railway has three times been named Independent Railway of the Year, winner of the IW Chamber of Commerce Tourism & Leisure Award and the Tourism South-East Silver Award for Best Large Visitor Attraction. The Railway has also been recognised nationally, winning the Best Heritage Project in The National Lottery Awards.
Throughout 2015 we’ll be staging a number of special events when the steam trains provide the perfect centrepiece for us to put on something extra – From ‘The IW Festival of Transport’ to ‘Midsummer’s Night Steam’, there’s also ‘The 1940s Experience’, our ‘Midsummer Jazz’ Festival, Wine and Real Ale Festivals, a Steam and Country Show, and ‘The Railway Folk’ – a brand new event for children and families!
To complete your day out, The Isle of Wight Steam Railway offers fully licensed Refreshment Rooms, and you can browse for books, gifts, toys, DVDs and other mementoes from the Railway’s Gift and Model Shop.
The pleasant rural location of our main station at Havenstreet provides lots of space for the young, and the not-so-young, to let off steam! Our large green open field offers space for picnics, games or just relaxing, and we challenge you to find the entrance to our hidden Woodland Walk!
There are generous discounts available for groups, FREE parking (on tarmac) for coaches, plus FREE entry for the coach driver and a meal for the coach driver!
In essence, the IW Steam Railway offers a unique and exciting journey back in time to an era when everyone travelled by steam train … Even Queen Victoria travelled over our line while visiting her Island residence at Osborne!
Finding The Isle of Wight Steam Railway is easy – Enter PO33 4DS in your SatNav, and head for the village of Havenstreet, three miles from Newport and three miles from Ryde. There’s plenty of free parking for coaches and cars. The Railway is open daily from late-June to mid-September, and is open on numerous days from March to June and from late-September to December.
Telephone – 01983 882204 www.iwsteamrailway.co.uk
The latest Isle of Wight Steam Railway brochure and timetable is available in the brochure library
Please click here to view accessibility information.
EDUCATIONAL GROUPS - The Isle of Wight Steam Railway welcomes groups of students and is a registered educational charity. The Steam Railway is an ideal venue as it will interest, engage and captivate, leaving students with some lasting memories of a special day out. For more information and rates please visit http://www.iwsteamrailway.co.uk/school-visits.aspx
- Countryside Setting
- In countryside
- No Smoking Attraction
- Smoking Some Areas
- Some no smoking areas
- Village Location
- Accessible Lift - Available in our Train Story Visitor Centre.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Induction Loop System
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp / Level Access
- Ramp/Level Access - At Havenstreet Station.
- Wheelchair user accessible
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Children's Meals
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Indoor children’s play area
- Outdoor children’s play area
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- On site parking close by
- Own car park (Fee Applies)
- Catering for groups
- Full liquor licence
- On-Site cafe/restaurant - Our Cafe/Restaurant serves a range of hot and cold food and beverages on all running days
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site
- Refreshments Available
- Vegetarians catered for
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 200
- Min group size - 10
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- All weather attraction
- Conference facilities
- Dogs Accepted
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome
- Event Venue
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Gift shop
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Licensed for alcohol
- Marquee Space Available
- Meeting rooms
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Public Telephone
- Team / Corporate Activities
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Information Point
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good283
- Lottie RWest Bay, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAmazing day outMonday, 5th December 2016had a amazing day out at havenstreet steam railway...loved every minute off it had a train ride on the steam train had a photo took with a barn owl and seen the falconary..worth every penny thank you... Read full review
- ybsaeStockton-on-Tees, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat day outWednesday, 30th November 2016We bought 'combined' tickets from Shanklin Railway Station, and connected to this delightful little railway. Nostalgia ruled thereafter, We crammed our group of ten into two individual compartments... Read full review
- Mrs Julie CIsle of Wight, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyJulie CrossSunday, 27th November 2016This was the 1st time I had been on the steam train since I was a little girl, it was lovely to go back with my own children, really fun experience & we're going to return at Christmas. Read full review
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
CAFETERIA / RESTAURANT
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Tourism South East Award - Outstanding Customer Service Highly Commended 2010
- Tourism South East Award - 12 /13 Silver Award - Beautiful South Awards for Excellence 2012
|Opening (19 Mar 2017 - 1 Jan 2018)|
* Open on selected days throughout the year - check website for details and Timetables.