Monkey Haven is a Gold award-winning attraction that makes animals happy... and people happy. Come and see us at our rescue centre and sanctuary just outside Newport. You'll meet our wonderful family including whooping gibbons, mischievous monkeys, amazing owls, incredible reptiles and the naughtiest meerkats ever! There are keeper talks and animal feeds throughout the day, where you can find out all about our awesome animals and how they came to be here. You can even get up close and personal with some of the reptiles and hand-reared owls who make appearances at the daily bird talks.
We're the Island's Number 1 attraction, according to TripAdvisor, and 2016 is a very special time for us, as it's the Chinese Year of the Monkey. We're celebrating by giving away a new Monkey Puzzles booklet for children, which takes visitors on a fortune cookie trail around the Haven!
Gold Award Winners - Small Visitor Attraction 2014-2015
Gold Accolade - VisitEngland Gold Accolade 2014
TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2014 & 2015
Registered charity 1153254.
New for 2016
Four gorgeous Grivets joined us at Easter. The Grivets, also known as African Green Monkeys, are being given a permanent home thanks to a recent fundraising campaign. The 'groovy Grivets' with their white tufty sideburns, have been brought over from Spain, after a traumatic start in life as victims of the illegal pet trade.
If you love meerkats, then swing by and say hello to baby Savannah, who recently joined our mob of mischief-makers. And don't forget Milo - the baby white-throated capuchin, born at the Haven last October. He's just the cutest monkey ever!
Want a memory you'll never forget? Why no pre-arrange a marmoset encounter before your visit? These exclusive experiences take you inside the marmosets' enclosure where you will be able to feed and interact with these inquisitive South American monkeys - see website for details.
Tea room, gift shop, play areas, keeper talks, and free return for seven days... swing by and see us soon.
Easter - 30 September 2016: 10:00-17:00, last entry 16:00
1 October - 31 October 2016: 10:00-16:00, last entry 15:00
- In countryside
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Children’s packs - Activity booklets
- Children's Meals - Children’s picnic box.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Outdoor children’s play area - for the under 5's and 'Funky Monkey' Adventure Play area for 6-14
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- On site parking
- On site parking close by
- Parking (free)
- Secure cycle parking
- Catering for groups
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic area
- Refreshments Available
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours - Yes at various intervals throughout the day.
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Keeper talks at various intervals throughout the day.
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good207
- Helen TEssex, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFantastic family attractionMonday, 29th August 2016All the family really enjoyed monkey haven. Very well maintained, animals well cared for and the keeper talks are excellent because the keepers are very knowledgeable. Lots to keep the kids... Read full review
- Jason DEssex, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFamily Hols 2016Sunday, 28th August 2016Return to the IOW for another great family hols and popped back to see how the Monkey Haven was getting on . We was very pleased to see the big changes and the great work , we visited on the... Read full review
- Jonathan JTrip Type:CouplesMonkeytasticSunday, 28th August 2016Great setup with well cared for animals and knowledgeable keepers. A good couple of hours fun for all. Read full review
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
CAFETERIA / RESTAURANT
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Quality Assured Visitor Attraction VB Attraction
- Tourism South East Award - Small Visitor Attraction of the Year Gold Award 2011
- Tourism South East Award - 2011/12 Small Visitor Attraction of the Year Gold Award 2011
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Visit England Awards - Visit England Gold Accolade 2014
|Opening (24 Mar 2016 - 31 Oct 2016)|
* 24th March - 30th Sept, 10am - 5pm (last entry 4pm) 1st - 31st Oct, 10am - 4pm (last entry 3pm)Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change