|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£9.50 per ticket|
|Child ticket (3-14 years)||£7.50 per ticket|
|Family 2x adults, 2x children||£31.00 per ticket|
|Family 2x adults, 3x children||£38.00 per ticket|
|Senior Citizen||£8.50 per ticket|
* Free 7-Day Return
There’s lots of fun for everyone at Monkey Haven. We’re a happy home for whooping gibbons, cheeky capuchins, birds of prey and many more exotic creatures. We care for monkeys and other animals in need, in our lovely sanctuary outside Newport. Monkey Haven is a Gold Award winning attraction, with plenty for you to see and do. We've got everything you need for a fantastic time, and there's always something new and exciting going on around here. Plus you'll love the daily keeper talks, animal feeds, play areas and tea room - and your ticket will be valid for seven days. Swing by and see us soon!
Gold Award Winners – Small Visitor Attraction 2014 – 2015
Gold Accolade – VisitEngland Gold Accolade 2014
Trip Advisor – Certificate of Excellence 2014
New for 2015
A whole host of new animals are set to arrive and not all of them are monkeys… A mob of meerkats – seized from a neglectful private owner in Belgium – are on their way to the sanctuary where they will be able to enjoy the comfort of a brand new enclosure!
The primate rescue centre is also due to welcome a group of squirrel monkeys and a white-throated capuchin (to be introduced to the Haven’s existing capuchin group) before the Easter holidays.
Our friendly team provide guided tours throughout the day and an opportunity to get up close and personal with some of the reptiles and hand-reared owls who make appearances at the daily owl talks.
Want a memory you’ll never forget? Why not pre-arrange a marmoset encounter before your visit? These exclusive experiences take you inside the marmosets’ enclosure where you will be able to feed and interact with these inquisitive South American monkeys (see website for details).
14th - 22nd Feb, 10am - 4pm.
Easter - 30th Sept, 10am - 5pm (last entry 4pm).
- In countryside
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Children’s packs - Activity booklets
- Children's Meals - Children’s picnic box.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Outdoor children’s play area - for the under 5's and 'Funky Monkey' Adventure Play area for 6-14
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- On site parking
- On site parking close by
- Parking (free)
- Secure cycle parking
- Catering for groups
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic area
- Refreshments Available
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours - Yes at various intervals throughout the day.
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Keeper talks at various intervals throughout the day.
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
Map & Directions
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
CAFETERIA / RESTAURANT
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Quality Assured Visitor Attraction VB Attraction
- Tourism South East Award - Small Visitor Attraction of the Year Gold Award 2011
- Tourism South East Award - 2011/12 Small Visitor Attraction of the Year Gold Award 2011
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Trip Advisor - Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Visit England Awards - Visit England Gold Accolade 2014
|Open All Year|
|Opening (7 Apr 2016 - 31 Oct 2016)|
* Easter – 30th Sept, 10am-6pm (last entry 5pm).
1st-31st Oct, 10am – 4pm.