Dog Friendly Beaches
A large number of the beaches on the Isle of Wight allow dogs at all times of the year, allowing owners and their faithful friends to enjoy our spectacular coastline throughout all seasons. We have compiled a list of some of the most popular "dog friendly" beaches below:
- Bonchurch - both sandy and shingle incorporating the Horseshoe and Monks Bay beaches.
- Brook - sandy beach just along from Compton Bay with some eyecatching rugged coastline and great views across the West of the Isle of Wight.
- Fort Victoria - has some great walks with tremendous views back across to the mainland.
- Colwell Bay (to right of slipway) - tucked away to the West of the Island this Quality Coast Award winning beach offers superb views accross the Solent
- Dunroamin - runs from Lake slipway up to sandy beaches of Hope Beach, Shanklin.
- Reeth Bay - the Island's most southerly point, and a very quiet beach with loads of space for dogs to run around!
- Bembridge - pebble and sand beach with a great collcetion of rock pools at low tide.
- Woodside Bay - a local's "hidden gem" beach alongside the picturesque Wootton Creek.
- Players Beach - another of the Island hidden secrets, tucked away below Ryde Golf Course at Binstead.
- Seagrove - sandy expanse of beach located between the Seaview and St Helen's beaches.
- Seaview - great sandy beach area, which is usually fairly quiet. The South beach is slightly more sheltered from the weather.
There are restrictions in place on the Isle of Wight's main resort beaches between 1st May and 30th September which prevents dogs being allowed to use them. However outside of this season dogs are welcomed as with any of the other beaches. This allows dogs and their owners to see use some of the Isle of Wight's most memorable beaches:
- Freshwater Bay
- Ryde Beach
- Sandown Beach
- Shanklin Beach
- Totland Bay
- Ventnor Beach
Please note there are certain beaches in the above list where bins are provided for the removal of dog waste, and these must be used to comply with certain byelaws.