AboutVisit the Garlic Farm and learn all about garlic, where it comes from, how to grow your own and how to cook with it.
Taste all of our unique and delicious products from garlic chutneys to garlic beer and ice cream in our taste experience before you buy.
Walk freely around the farm and see the highland cattle, pigs, horses, peacocks and red squirrels darting back and forth. See the different garlic varieties growing in the fields.
At weekends and in the holidays jump on board the tractor trailer for tours around the farm.
Dine in our renowned restaurant and savour some of the incredible creations from the kitchen. Enter the Allium café and enjoy home-made cakes and tea and coffee.
We have lots events and special days happening at the farm so do check our website to see what's on next!
- Based on a Working Farm
- Countryside Setting
- In countryside
- Outdoor Attraction
- Disabled persons toilet
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
Parking & Transport
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Secure cycle parking
- Catering Provided
- American Express
- All weather attraction
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
- French spoken
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown onto the A3056 to Sandown and at Fighting Cocks Cross Roads turn left to Newchurch.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3056 and at Fighting Cocks Cross Roads turn right to Newchurch.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown onto the A3056 to Sandown and at Fighting Cocks Cross Roads turn left to Newchurch.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes ferry: No. 1 to Newport,change to No. 8
From Ryde: No. 3 to Sandown,change to No. 8
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 to Newport,change to No. 8
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- The Garlic Farm
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good166
- cookieTLeicesterTrip Type:Couplesfabulous cafe, amazing black garlicSunday, 22nd May 2016great little place to visit, if you are a fan of garlic. Their gluten free chocolate black garlic ice cream sundae was delicious. Read full review
- Malcolm STrip Type:CouplesExcellent place to visit on the Isle of WightSunday, 22nd May 2016Of course the theme is garlic. The farm's history is no less interesting for that and it is well worth a visit. But the cafe itself is terrific. Unexpected and a very pleasant surprise. We enjoyed... Read full review
- Christine STrip Type:FamilyEnjoyableSaturday, 21st May 2016Had breakfast and coffee here. Traditional and vegetarian options were sampled. Very well presented and good quality ingredients. Afterwards we browsed in the shop which was nicely laid out with all... Read full review
- Tourism South East Award - Flavour of the South East Highly Commended 2009
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Taste Location Award – Taste Round the Island Cycle Route 2014
|Open All Year|
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2016)|
* Farm Shop open Monday - Saturday 0900-1700, Sunday 1000-1600