AboutVisit the Garlic Farm and learn all about garlic, where it comes from, how to grow your own and how to cook with it.
Taste all of our unique and delicious products from garlic chutneys to garlic beer and ice cream in our taste experience before you buy.
Walk freely around the farm and see the highland cattle, pigs, horses, peacocks and red squirrels darting back and forth. See the different garlic varieties growing in the fields.
At weekends and in the holidays jump on board the tractor trailer for tours around the farm.
Dine in our renowned restaurant and savour some of the incredible creations from the kitchen. Enter the Allium café and enjoy home-made cakes and tea and coffee.
We have lots events and special days happening at the farm so do check our website to see what's on next!
- Based on a Working Farm
- Countryside Setting
- In countryside
- Outdoor Attraction
- Disabled persons toilet
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
Parking & Transport
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Secure cycle parking
- Catering Provided
- American Express
- All weather attraction
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
- French spoken
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown onto the A3056 to Sandown and at Fighting Cocks Cross Roads turn left to Newchurch.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3056 and at Fighting Cocks Cross Roads turn right to Newchurch.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown onto the A3056 to Sandown and at Fighting Cocks Cross Roads turn left to Newchurch.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes ferry: No. 1 to Newport,change to No. 8
From Ryde: No. 3 to Sandown,change to No. 8
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 to Newport,change to No. 8
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- The Garlic Farm
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good180
- Kerry HTrip Type:FamilyBrilliant BreakfastSunday, 21st August 2016My husband and myself had breakfast at the Garlic Farm cafe a couple of days ago. I can honestly say it is one of the tastiest breakfasts we have ever had. It was bacon on garlic ciabatta (dripping... Read full review
- Dr_WildboarTrip Type:FamilyGarlic gastronomyFriday, 19th August 2016We've been to the Garlic Farm a few times, this was our first visit to the restaurant. We hadn't booked and arrived at about 12 noon, we only just got a table in the outdoor area (still under... Read full review
- MyIslandGirl95Isle of Wight, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayHas been betterFriday, 19th August 2016I'm an island girl and I love garlic! Meeting a friend for lunch a few weeks ago I was excited to come back to The Garlic Farm. I've been a couple of times before and loved the food each time! I... Read full review
- Tourism South East Award - Flavour of the South East Highly Commended 2009
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Taste Location Award – Taste Round the Island Cycle Route 2014
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2016)|
* Farm Shop open Monday - Saturday 0900-1700, Sunday 1000-1600