West Wight Jaunt - 4th May 2017
Isle Of Wight
Tel: 01983 755186
Walk description: Over the downs, through Afton Marsh, into fields and woods with a final stretch along the coast back to Totland, encountering some fine Island views.
Name of walk leader: John H White
Walk leader's telephone number: 01983 755186
Date of walk: Thursday 4th May 2017
Start time: 10:45am
Start location: Totland War Memorial, PO39 0BL
Grid reference: SZ326868
Bus route number: 7 or 12
Nearest bus stop (name): Totland War Memorial
Duration: 6 hours
Booking essential: No
Expected pace of walk: Moderate
Walk grade: Fairly Strenuous (A challenging walk, suitable for fit walkers with some experience. Steep gradients, stiles ad steps and uneven surfaces to be expected. Distance up to 12 miles).
Suitability for walkers with disabilities: Not suitable
* Circular walk: Yes
* Linear walk: No
* Rest stops: Yes
* Dogs on leads welcome: Yes
* Suitable for pushchairs: No
* Refreshments available along route: No
* Toilets along route: Yes
* Take packed lunch: Yes
* Sturdy boots recommended: Yes
* Family friendly: No
* Takes in coastal scenery: Yes
* Takes in local woodlands: Yes
* Beach / rockpool exploration: No
* Number of stiles: please contact walk leader for more information.
* Number of steps: please contact walk leader for more information.
Map & Directions
Sorry, this event has passed.