Beaches, Bars and Blisters - Day 1 - 5th May 2017
Isle Of Wight
Tel: 01983 551527 / 07718 685936
Walk description: First day of a three day round the island walk with IOW Long Distance Walkers Association. East Cowes to Shanklin.
Name of walk leader: David Yates
Walk leader's telephone number: 01983 551527 / 07718 685936
Date of walk: Friday 5th May 2017
Start time: 8:30am
Start location: East Cowes Chain Ferry, PO32 6RA
Grid reference: SZ502956
Bus route number: 4 or 5
Nearest bus stop (name): Chain Ferry, East Cowes
Distance: 24 miles
Duration: 10 hours
Booking essential: Booking advised
Expected pace of walk: Brisk
Walk grade: Strenuous (Long walk with varied terrain suitable for fit, experienced walkers).
Suitability for walkers with disabilities: Not suitable
* Circular walk: No
* Linear walk: Yes
* Rest stops: Yes
* Dogs on leads welcome: Yes
* Suitable for pushchairs: No
* Refreshments available along route: Yes
* Toilets along route: Yes
* Take packed lunch: Yes
* Sturdy boots recommended: No
* Family friendly: Yes
* Takes in coastal scenery: Yes
* Takes in local woodlands: Yes
* Beach / rockpool exploration: Yes
* Number of stiles: Yes - please contact walk leader for more information.
* Number of steps: Yes - please contact walk leader for more information.
Full information of walk is availble on request. Please contact walk leader for more information.
Map & Directions
|Open (5 May 2017)|
* Start time 8:30am