We have five refurbished bed and breakfast room on the first floor. They are all have ensuite shower facilities, tv, access to wifi, and tea and coffee making facilities.
AboutThe Pilot Boat Inn at Bembridge offers all it's customers a warm and friendly welcome. The pub is located close to the harbour and within walking distance of the local village shops and amenities, so it is popular with locals, holiday makers and sailors of all ages. Everyone is welcome (including the family pet!).
The bar has a great atmosphere with a warm fire and sofas in the winter months and a popular sun terrace in the Summer.
The Pilot Boat serves good traditional pub food including Bembridge crab, seafood and a tapas bar menu. Much of the food is sourced locally and there is always a local beer.
The Pilot Boat Inn is certainly unique and its iconic shape is well known throughout the Isle of Wight. Its is easy to spot as you arrive in Bembridge as our much loved pub is shaped like a boat!
The Inn also offers bed and breakfast in five recently refurbished en-suite bedrooms all with nautical names.
- Al fresco dining - During good weather!
- Some no smoking areas - Smoking is not permitted within the building.
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors - All our staff are happy to help any member of the public. The best route into the building is through our back door from the terrace, available via the back gate to the right of the pub.
- Disability awareness training for all personnel
- Guide dogs permitted
- Steps to main entrance - Level access is available via the back door
- Toilets for disabled visitors - Sadly we do not have a disabled toilet on site but immediately opposite there is a recently refurbished disabled public toilet.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Baby changing
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's Meals
- Children's menu
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair - We have two high chairs. It is best to book during the summer holidays if you require one.
- Highchair(s) available
Parking & Transport
- Free parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking - We have 7 parking spaces immediately outside the pub. There is plenty of free parking nearby.
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Secure cycle parking
- Games room - We do not have a "games room" but happily provide a variety of board games for customers to enjoy, a vintage space invaders game and darts on request.
- Bar meals
- Cater for vegetarians
- Catering service
- Full liquor licence
- Meals served all day
- Outdoor eating area
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast - Breakfast is served for staying guests but can be provided for non residents by prior arrangement.
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Special diets catered for
- Take away food
- Take away service - We are happy to do a takeaway service and for those arriving late by ferry we are happy to accept an order via telephone for those wanting to eat in.
- Traditional Sunday Roast
- Vegetarians catered for
- American Express
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners card
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Internet access all rooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- With Accommodation
- Beer Garden
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Gay/Lesbian Friendly
- Groups accepted
- Groups by arrangement
- Licensed for alcohol
- Local Produce
- Number of covers - We can seat up to 50 in our restaurant area and more can be accommodated in the bar during busy periods.
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Pets accepted
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Real log/coal fires
- TV in Bedrooms
- Wine Selection
- Wireless Internet Access
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Room/unit allocations available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, 2nd exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Ryde, along Esplanade to boating lake, follow road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, B3330 to St Helens, B3395 to Bembridge.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde then as above.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde then as above.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 8
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 8
From Yarmouth ferry: No 7 to Newport and change to No. 8.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
|Opening (1 Jan 2015 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Opening (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* We are open everyday for food, drinks and accommodation including Christmas Day.