AboutOur Sandown Beach base is located right outside the Isle of Wight Zoo just a few minutes walk from Sandown Town Centre. We have surf board hire, paddle board hire and you can also hire kayaks, both single and double. We run our popular family kayak sessions here where families with young children can have fun on the water playing games whilst being with a parent in a double kayak. Most of our paddle boarding activities are based from here.
From Sandown Beach we also run our Padleboard adventure trips and courses. Its also a really short drive over to Bembridge which is a stunning location for both kayak trips and paddle boarding. We run zorbing on the hillside above the beach on selected dates throughout the year; its a stunning location to try this extreme activity!
The beach location has got all the facilities for your watersport activities; including plenty of parking and a cafe just across the road. These is also of course our great range of activities just inside the Zoo, so if you want a full day out then this is a great place to come."
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Groups welcome
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Stag and hen parties welcome
- Team / Corporate Activities
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3056 to Lake, A3055 to Sandown.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3056 to Lake, A3055 to Sandown.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom Ryde: please either visit the train station annexed to the Catamaran or travel on the No. 2 or 3 bus route.
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2, 3 or 8.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 Newport and change to No. 2, 3 or 8.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good9
- Mark AScout tripSunday, 25th September 2016Terrible day with 35 scouts from Coventry. Staff had no confidence or Sense of fun. Changed our day around with out asking us and cancelled zorbing last min although it had clearly been out of... Read full review
- Ann MTrip Type:FamilyThey cancelled my zorbing and 5 and a 1/2 weeks later still haven't been refundedTuesday, 13th September 2016I booked on August 6th for my daughter and a friend to go zorbing the following day (Sunday 7th August) and paid £30 online. The following morning, I got a message to say the zorbing was off due to... Read full review
- SolaarIOWRyde, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyOn the rocks!Tuesday, 6th September 2016(Reprinted from my blog at jodyneilruth dot com) Bam and I had been wanting to go kayaking for some time now, when a deal popped up on The Price is Wight website, offering an adult and child deal... Read full review
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|