Stay and dine in style with a luxurious mini break at The Royal, a landmark 4-star hotel set in exotic gardens in the idyllic seaside resort of Ventnor.
Stay for two nights, with ferry included, and enjoy a three course meal for two in the hotel’s 2 AA Rosette restaurant.
Built in 1832, The Royal is one of the oldest hotels on the Island and shares the rare privilege of being one of the only 30 establishments to be listed in every Michelin Guide since it was first published in 1911.
As part of your stay you can discover what happens behind the scenes of The Royal’s award-winning Appuldurcombe Restaurant. Perfect for cooking enthusiasts!
You’ll also be able to enjoy more of the Island’s great local produce with a lunch at The Garlic Farm, where you can sample the amazing range of garlic inspired products in the Taste Experience and enjoy exceptional gourmet food with lunch in the restaurant.
Scroll down and fill in the form to enter today.
Terms & Conditions
- The Visit Isle of Wight/2017 Holiday Guide competition (the "Competition") is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over.
- The Competition is not open to employees or agencies of Visit Isle of Wight Ltd ("VIOW") and the Isle of Wight Chamber of Commerce employees, their group companies or family members or anyone else connected to the Competition.
- Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Competition you must enter your details in the form below. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Competition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Visit Isle of Wight 2017 Holiday Guide Competition" in the subject line.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Competition entry to us.
- By providing personally identifiable information when entering this free prize draw, Visit Isle of Wight may use it to provide you with ongoing information about their products and services. You may receive communications from carefully selected competition partners, although you can unsubscribe at any time, if you wish to do so. Neither Visit Isle of Wight or the other businesses providing the prize will rent, sell or lease this personally identifiable information to other companies or individuals.
- No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- The Competition closes at 23.59 on 1st September 2017. Entries received after that date and time will not be considered.
- The winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries.
- Entrants will abide by the following Terms and Conditions: The prize includes 2-night mid-week break at The Royal in Ventnor, for 2 people on a B&B basis, with a 3-course dinner for 2 on one night (winner to choose). The Garlic Farm will provide lunch for 2 people to the value of up to £50. Plus, cross-Solent travel for a car and two people via Wightlink or Red Funnel or cross-Solent travel as foot passengers for two people via Hovertravel. All other travel expense is at the winner’s expense.
- This prize is available from October 15th 2017 until end April 2018, between Sunday and Thursday, subject to availability. Dates exclude bank holidays, special hotel event dates and half term holidays. Not valid from 21-27 October 2017, 21 December 2017-7 January 2018, 10-16 February 2018 and 28 March – 13 April 2018.
- The winner will be notified by phone or email on or before 8th September 2017 and given details of how to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to VIOW within 5 days of being notified by VIOW, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and VIOW shall be entitled to select another winner (and that winner will have to respond to the phone call or email from VIOW within 5 days or else they will also forfeit their prize).
- Details of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Visit Isle of Wight, Guildhall, High Street, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO33 1TY.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- VIOW and The Chamber of Commerce retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- The winner may be required for promotional activity.
- No purchase necessary.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of VIOW for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- VIOW and the Chamber of Commerce accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. VIOW and the Chamber of Commerce further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
- VIOW and the Chamber of Commerce reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of VIOW in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- VIOW and the Chamber of Commerce shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.
- Promoter: Visit Isle of Wight, The Guildhall, High Street, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 1TY and the Chamber of Commerce, Mill Court, Furrlongs, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 2AA.