AboutNestling in the heart of the countryside, this 18th Century farmhouse has a character all of its own.
Magnificent views over fields, woods, Tennyson Down, Newtown & the Western Solent.
Our two twin or double bedrooms have large windows overlooking the view of the downs. One of these rooms is en suite. There is also a single bedroom available. All the bedrooms are equipped with hand wash basins, radios and tea making facilities. A hairdryer, iron and ironing board are available on request. The guest bathroom has a full size bath and walk-in shower and the hot water is boosted by solar heating.
Chickens and sheep are kept around the farmhouse, barns and fields.
We can provide stabling for guests' horses if required; the Island has many miles of wonderful bridle paths.
Children over 8 are welcome.
Contact: Mrs Judith Shanks.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double/Twin En-Suite||from £30.00 to £35.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Double/Twin Room||from £30.00 to £35.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Single Room||from £30.00 to £35.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
*- 2 night minimum stay high season between 1st June - 15th September
- 3 Nights Minimum Stay Bank Holidays and Festivals
- At other times single nights are £34 per person.
- Weekly rates on application
- Serve breakfast
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Minimum Child age of 8 years accepted.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome - Minimum Child age of 8 years accepted.
- Beach/Coast 20 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Ferry discount available
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Stabling for guests horses
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Off-road parking
- On site parking
- Cash Accepted
- Based on a Working Farm
- Countryside Setting
- Farm - Based on a working farm.
- In countryside
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Hairdryer available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3054 towards Yarmouth, turn right onto Whitehouse Road.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3054 towards Yarmouth, turn right onto Whitehouse Road.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 towards Newport, turn left onto Whitehouse Road.
Public Transport DirectionsPlease contact Youngwoods Farm for information on the best way to travel by public transport.
- 3 Visit England Stars Farmhouse
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available 2020
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|