The Priory offers a luxury two bedroom apartment set within a former Victorian Gentlemen’s residence, found at the top of the cliff in Shanklin and restored to its former glory. From its prime position, the apartment benefits from fantastic sea views across Sandown Bay, which can be enjoyed from the apartment and its private decking.
The accommodation includes a double bedroom with ensuite, twin bedroom, family bathroom and open plan living area. The apartment is furnished to a high standard with oak furniture and floors, leather sofas and a granite topped kitchen with oven/hob, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washing machine and microwave. The living area includes a home cinema and music system with LCD TV, Freesat, HD DVD/CD, radio and speakers throughout the apartment.
Prices include linen and towels, wifi and all utilities. We welcome families and are able to offer travel cots with linen and high chairs for our guests. There is off road parking for 1 car and bicycle stands are also available, plus we are able to offer 15% off Red Funnel and Wightlink crossings. The apartment is non smoking and pets are not allowed.
Outside, there is a large private decked area accessible from the apartment’s lounge to enjoy the sea views and dine outside. Beyond that, there is two acres of communal garden with plenty of places to sit, play, relax and enjoy the garden. The apartment is located on the coastal path connecting you to Ventnor and Sandown, as well as being surrounded by Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and National Trust land.
A short walk down the road is the famous Old Village with its thatched cottages and shops, with the main town further on. There is also direct access to the beach, esplanade and beyond further down the road.
For guests with larger parties, we also have Highlands (5 apartments sleeping 3 to 5 each) and Shanklin Manor (sleeps 4), which are just a short walk away and available to be booked with The Priory.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Apartment||from £335.00 to £815.00 per unit per week|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Disabled Parking - Disabled parking space nearer to entrance available for building, first come first serve.
Children & Infants
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Cot - Travel cot with linen available on request at booking.
- Cot(s) available
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair - High chair available on request at booking.
- Highchair(s) available
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- COVID-19 measures in place
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking possible
- Open now
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- CD player in lounge
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Colour television in lounge
- DVD available
- DVD player in lounge
- Ferry discount available - Code for 15% discount on ferry bookings available once booked.
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- LGBT Friendly
- Linen available free of charge
- Linen included
- Linen provided
- No Pets
- Number of Bathrooms - Main bathroom + ensuite bathroom.
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Wireless Internet Access
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- MasterCard accepted
- Midweek breaks - 3+ night stays available for late availability + October to Easter excluding Christmas
- Visa accepted
- Weekend breaks - 3+ night stays available for late availability + October to Easter excluding Christmas
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Balcony all rooms - Private decking.
- Baths all rooms - Bath in main bathroom.
- CD Player all rooms - Via DVD Player.
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour TV
- Digital TV
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Drying facilities - Clothes airer provided.
- DVD player all rooms
- Electricity Charges Included
- Gas Charges Included
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Ironing Facilities - Iron and ironing board available in apartment.
- Ironing Facilities
- No Smoking in Unit
- Radio all rooms
- Sea View all rooms - Sea views from lounge and main bedroom.
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms - Shower over bath in main bathroom and shower in ensuite.
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Two bedrooms - Double and twin bedroom.
- Washing Machine
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - Green/eco policies available on our website
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists - Communal bicycle stands available for building, first come, first serve.
- Special provisions for walkers - OS map available in apartment
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Room / Unit Features: Apartment
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Colour Television
- Drying Facilities
- DVD Player
- No smoking in unit
- Non smoking units
- Washing Machine
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, A3054 to Ryde, straight along Esplanade to boating lake, follow road round onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Silver - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2020/21 2020
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Open New Year|
|Open All Year (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2021)|