Shanklin Manor is a spacious, two bedroom apartment over two floors within the former manor house for Shanklin. Whilst Victorian in age, the site has been a manor since the Doomsday Book and been a house, farm, hostel, hotel and then converted into luxury apartment.
The apartment has a double bedroom with ensuite, twin bedroom, family bathroom, WC on the ground floor and an open plan living area. The granite topped kitchen includes an oven/hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave and washing machine. Quality furnishings are found through the apartment, with oak floors and furniture, leather sofas and a home cinema and entertainment system including LCD TV, HD DVD/CD, Freeview, radio and speakers through the apartment. The apartment benefits from parkland, woodland and farmland views with direct access to the adjoining park opposite the apartment.
Prices include linen and towels, wifi and all utilities. We welcome families and are able to offer travel cots with linen and high chairs for our guests. There is off road parking for 1 car and bicycle stands are also available, plus we are able to offer 15% off Red Funnel and Wightlink crossings. The apartment is non smoking and pets are not allowed.
Outside, there are 2 acres of grounds including the listed walled garden and summerhouse, with the fuller grounds of the old manor including the Shanklin Cricket Club, Big Meade park, duck pond and children’s play area, so something for everyone of all ages within a short walk. The manor’s former church, St Blasius, is also found at the entrance to Manor Road and open for services.
The apartment is a short walk from the Old Village, where you can see the famous thatched cottages as well as all of the shops, pubs and restaurants, the main town and also the beach and esplanade.
For guests with larger parties, we also have Highlands (5 apartments sleeping 3 to 5 each) and The Priory (sleeps 4), which are just a short walk away and available to be booked with Shanklin Manor.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Apartment||from £335.00 to £815.00 per unit per week|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Children & Infants
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Cot - Travel cot with linen available on request at booking.
- Cot(s) available - Travel cot with linen available on request at booking.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair - High chair available on request at booking.
- Highchair(s) available - High chair available on request at booking.
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- COVID-19 measures in place
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking possible
- Open now
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- CD player in lounge
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Colour television in lounge
- DVD available
- DVD player in lounge
- Ferry discount available - Code for 15% discount on ferry bookings available once booked.
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- LGBT Friendly
- Linen available free of charge
- Linen included
- Linen provided
- No Pets
- Number of Bathrooms - Main bathroom + ensuite bathroom.
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Radio in lounge
- Wireless Internet Access
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- MasterCard accepted
- Midweek breaks - 3+ night stays available for late availability + October to Easter excluding Christmas
- Visa accepted
- Weekend breaks - 3+ night stays available for late availability + October to Easter excluding Christmas
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths all rooms - Bath in main bathroom.
- CD Player all rooms
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour TV
- Digital TV
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Drying facilities - Clothes airer provided.
- DVD player all rooms
- Electricity Charges Included
- Gas Charges Included
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Ironing Facilities
- Ironing Facilities - Iron and ironing board available in apartment.
- No Smoking in Unit
- Radio all rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms - Shower over bath in main bathroom and shower in ensuite.
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Two bedrooms - Double and twin bedroom.
- Washing Machine
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - Green/eco policies available on our website
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists - Communal bicycle stands available for building, first come, first serve.
- Special provisions for walkers - OS map available in apartment
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Room / Unit Features: Apartment
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Colour Television
- Drying Facilities
- DVD Player
- No smoking in unit
- Non smoking units
- Washing Machine
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, A3054 to Ryde, straight along Esplanade to boating lake, follow road round onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Silver - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2020/21 2020
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Open New Year|
|Open All Year (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2021)|