The Old Park Hotel is situated within the romantic Undercliff in 16 acres of gardens, woods, streams and waterfalls in the southern tip of the Isle of Wight. The estate faces due south, with grounds extending to a secluded rock pool beach and is completely sheltered from northerly winds by 300-foot high cliffs. This unique geography gives it an almost sub-tropical climate.
The hotel provides a perfect base for a holiday with a comfortable, relaxing and informal atmosphere. The Old Park is situated on a quiet private road with ample car parking. The sandy beaches and other main attractions of the island are within easy reach by car. Horse riding, cycling and golf etc can be arranged.
We are a family run hotel providing a B&B or half board or package with a choice of good traditional British food, together with popular worldwide dishes. We cater for those with special dietary requirements.
There is a comfortable oak panelled lounge for those who wish to read quietly. Our licensed bar is a pleasant venue for a lunchtime or pre-dinner drink. In the evening we feed the local badgers outside the bar window.
The Leisure centre is situated adjacent to the hotel and contains an indoor heated swimming pool, table tennis, pool table, full size snooker table, a large soft play area and a toddler’s ball pit. There is also a putting course and a football area. The heated indoor pool is the ideal depth for swimming with your children.
The hotel offers a variety of individually styled bedrooms, both modern and traditional in decor. All rooms and suites have a private bathroom, baby listening service, tea making facilities, colour television and direct dial telephone. For that special weekend away, the Spindler Suite and the Thornton Suite provide the best in our hotel accommodation, with Victorian four-poster bed, comfortable sitting area with a sea view, children's room, and a bathroom with a large bath and walk-in shower.
The west wing offers accommodation in the Gothic or Victorian décor, with original features, antique brass bedsteads, four poster beds and antique furniture. Some have sea views across the garden. The rooms in the East wing provide a modern style of accommodation with most having a sea view.
Our family suites are very popular. Each unit has a master bedroom with double, twin or four-poster bed, a children's room and a bathroom. Several suites can accommodate larger families.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double East Wing ( Half Board )||£75.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Suite E-Wing ( Half Board )||£75.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Suite W-Wing ( Half Board )||£79.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Single ( Half Board )||£75.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Spindler ( Half Board )||£106.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Thornton Suite ( Half Board )||£106.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin Room ( Half Board )||£75.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
*Prices shown are for our half-board package at low and high season which includes a first class 5 course dinner. B&B is available at £20 discount per adult per night. Children's special prices are for half board ( 4:45pm children's dinner ) or B&B.and range from £20 to £35 per night. Some of the family suites can sleep up to 6 children.
- Accessible Bedrooms
- Ramp / Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Additional Meal Details
- Banqueting - Offering exclusive use of the hotel, we are able to provide a seated banquet for up to 100 guests.
- Bar meals - Available 12:00-2:00 pm only
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available - Breakfast 8-10 am - earlier by arrangement
- Full liquor licence
- Half board supplement (£)
- Outdoor eating area
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal - A 5 course evening dinner is served from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm and is included with the room charge
- Serve Evening Meal
- Serve lunch - Lunch available during busy periods
- Special diets catered for
- Vegans catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - No Minimum Age cots etc are free
- Babes in Arms - Babies are welcome - please bring a Moses basket for evening meals. No charge for babies that are not weaned.
- Baby Listening - Permanent active baby listening system fed to 6 speakers back of house is set each evening at 7 pm
- Children's Meals - Choice of Roast, Vegetarian or Fried food at children's meal time
- Children's play area - Large Indoor Soft Play and Large Timberline Outdoor Equipment
- Children's videos/DVDs available - DVD shown for children at 7:00 pm daily
- Cot - No Charge for use - specify when booking
- Cot(s) available
- Facilities for children - Large indoor soft play, outdoor play area, heated pool, toybox.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome - Family suites - sleeping up to 6 children, play areas, large grounds and heated pool.
- Food/bottle warming available - Customer ( staff managed ) fridge for storing full fat milk and medicines etc Free milk in children's cups warmed as required.
- Highchair(s) available
- Indoor children’s play area
- Outdoor children’s play area
- Special meal times for children - Children's Dinner from 4:45 to 5:45
- 24 hr return laundry service - Laundry costs £9.00 per load
- 24hr return laundry
- Accept coach parties
- Adventure Playground
- Available for wedding receptions - Not in the main tourism periods
- Beach/Coast 10 min walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome - All children accepted
- Conference facilities
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Event venue
- Faxing facilities
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use - South facing patio with seating overlooking the garden and the sea
- Groups welcome
- Interconnecting Rooms
- Ironing facilities - Ironing board available or laundry service
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol
- Marquee Space Available
- Meeting rooms
- Night Keys
- Night porter - Owners are always on site
- No smoking in dining area
- Open Christmas
- Open Fire
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pets accepted - Please check with booking office - ground floor rooms only
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Real log/coal fires
- Residents lounge open all day
- Separate guests' lounge - Oak paneled lounge with free WiFi access
- Wireless Internet Access
- Arrangements for riding / pony trekking - 24 hours notice is recommended
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Cycle Hire - 24 hours notice required. Bikes can be delivered and collected to the route of a cycle ride.
- Fishing - Sea Bass may be caught in Binnel Bay. There are local fishing lakes nearby in Whitwell.
- Games room
- Indoor heated pool - Heated to 29 degrees
- Indoor pool
- Snooker / Pool table - Free use of all leisure facilities
- Swimming Pool - Heated Indoor Pool
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Secure cycle parking
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates - Please check with booking office
- Visa accepted
- Country house - Historic House - Home to the Worsley Family and Earnst Spindler - Artist
- Countryside Setting - Set in the Romantic Undercliff Close to the Sea
- Film or TV location - Ken Russel Filmed Parts of Lady Chatterly Here
- In countryside - Set in the beautiful Under Cliff overlooking the sea Near Ventnor
- No smoking - Smoking on patios only
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Grade II Listed Building - Large Country Estate until 1900. War time coastal radar stations were located close to the hotel.
- Seafront - Most rooms overlook the sea.
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms - Top suites have bath and shower - nearly all rooms have a bath
- Black out facilities some rooms
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Drying facilities
- Four poster bed some rooms
- Four poster beds available
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms - Please collect from reception
- King sized bed some rooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Queen sized beds some rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Satellite TV - fixed channels available
- Sea View some rooms - Spindler and Thornton Rooms and most East Wing Rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers some rooms - Rooms either have a bath or a shower or both
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Telephone all rooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Trouser press some rooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Super Child Friendly during the school vacations. Peaceful atmospheric location at all times.
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists - Drying facilities and shed to lock up bikes
- Special provisions for walkers - Situated on Coastal Path - Drying Room Available
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, at Whiteley Bank turn right for B3327 to Ventnor, A3055 to St. Lawrence.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, at Whiteley Bank turn right for B3327 to Ventnor, A3055 to St. Lawrence.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater, A3055 to St. Lawrence.
Public Transport DirectionsFor further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
|Opening (15 Feb 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|