Ideal as a base for walking, cycling or touring, Brighstone is situated in the scenic, rural 'West Wight'. The coast, downs, and forest are all within walking distance of Homelea.
Surrounded by glorious countryside, Homelea is within an AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty). In addition, there are National Trust properties to visit such as Mottistone Manor and its gardens.
Also managed by the National Trust, the coastline is famous for its dinosaur fossils, geology and shipwrecks. The iconic Needles are a short ride away.
Guests are more than welcome to relax in and enjoy our beautiful garden.
We have a light and airy breakfast room which leads to the veranda where breakfast can be taken on sunny mornings. A cooked breakfast is offered as well as yoghurt, fresh fruit, cereal, toast, preserves, fruit juice, tea and coffee. Vegetarians are well catered for.
There is secure storage for bikes and ample off road parking. For guests arriving on foot and staying for a number of nights, we can collect from the Ferry Terminal. There is a bus stop nearby and about 6 buses per day in each direction.
Ensuite Double with private sitting room. £75 per room per night (breakfast included) Minimum 2 night stay:
This room is full of charm and has all you need for a cosy and comfortable stay. There are pleasant views of the downs and pretty cottages. Guests staying in this room have sole use of their own sitting room where they can relax with a cup of tea or coffee and a good book!
Double room with private bathroom. £65 per room per night (breakfast included) Minimum 2 night stay:
Overlooking the garden and the downs beyond, this room provides the ideal rural getaway. It is comfortable, bright and has a large private bathroom. Tea and coffee making facilities and a TV are available in the room.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double room with private bathroom||£65.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Ensuite Double with private sitting room||£75.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available - On request
- Serve breakfast
Children & Infants
- No children allowed
- Beach/Coast 20 min walking distance
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- No Pets - We have a people friendly Jack Russell called Bonnie but she is not so dog friendly!
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Wireless Internet Access
- Cycle Hire - In nearby Yarmouth
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Courtesy Transport by arrangement
- Free parking
- On Site Car Parking
- Secure cycle parking
- Cash Accepted
- Countryside Setting - We can suggest lots of lovely walks
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Cyclists welcome - We have cycling maps that can be borrowed.
- Walkers Welcome - Brighstone has many footpaths to explore
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Shorwell, B3399 to Brighstone.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Shorwell, B3399 to Brighstone.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater, B3399 to Brighstone.
Public Transport Directions
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Travel Ambassador Green Star Award 2017
|Open (28 Dec 2017 - 23 Dec 2018)|
|Open (1 Mar 2018 - 23 Dec 2018)|
* Guests are welcome to make enquires about availability. We will gladly answer any questions about staying at Homelea.