This beautiful detached Georgian house dates back to the 1700s. It is attractively situated in a quiet country lane and has spectacular views across fields to the downs and is a ten-minute walk from the sea. A pleasant ten-minute walk beside the stream leads from The Mill House to the picturesque village of Brighstone with its village shops and public house. This is a marvellous walking area and footpaths can also be followed to join the coastal path leading to Tennyson Downs and the Needles. The secluded sandy bays of Compton, Totland, and Colwell are within a short drive from The Mill House.
The Mill House has a lovely country house feel in the spacious rooms and still retains many original features. The house is centrally heated and has a combination of fitted carpets, rugs, stone and wooden floors. Almost all the rooms have open rural views.
Sleeps 12 in 6 individually styled bedrooms (3 beautiful double rooms (one with a four poster bed), 3 twin rooms (one with a double and a single bed, one with adult sized bunk bed/cot and a ground floor bedroom with two single beds).
· 3 bathrooms (one with separate walk-in shower cubicle and corner bath, one with Victorian roll-top bath/hand shower and a ground floor shower room, all have wash basin, WC and tiled floors).
· Elegant sitting room with open fireplace, grand piano, stereo system and comfortable seating.
· Snug sitting room with comfortable seating, wood burning stove, colour television, video recorder, DVD player and a selection of family games, children's toys and books.
· Pretty dining room with solid oak furniture with seating for eight people and a wood burning stove.
· Smallbone fitted kitchen with an electric AGA, integrated electric oven and ceramic hob, integrated microwave, two tall fridge/freezers, dishwasher and seating for four people.
· Washing machine and tumble dryer accommodated in separate utility area with large sink and storage.
· Electricity, heating, bed linen, towels and welcome pack provided free of charge.
· Wooden cot, highchair, stair gates, children’s cutlery, plates, cups and bowls provided.
· Large, private and enclosed garden with mature shrubs and trees and a large lawned area, ideal for garden games.
· Gas barbecue and wooden garden furniture provided.
· Ample parking for several cars.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Mill House||from £1,967.00 to £3,943.00 per unit per week|
*Minimum 3 nights stay (except Summer School Holidays - 1 week).
Changeover day flexible (except Summer School Holidays - Saturdays).
- BBQs for visitors use
- Outdoor eating area
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - No minimum age.
- Cot(s) available
- Facilities for children
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- CD player in lounge
- Colour television in lounge
- Dogs welcome
- DVD player in lounge
- Ferry discount available
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Linen available free of charge
- Linen included
- Linen provided
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Tumble dryer
- Video in lounge
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Countryside Setting
- In countryside
Room / Unit Features
- Baths some rooms
- Drying facilities
- Electricity Charges Included
- Four poster bed some rooms
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Hairdryer in unit
- Ironing Facilities
- King sized bed some rooms
- No Smoking in Unit
- Open Fire
- Radio some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers some rooms
- Six bedrooms
- Washing Machine
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Shorwell, B3399 to Brighstone.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Shorwell, B3399 to Brighstone.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater, B3399 to Brighstone.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- 5 Visit England Stars
- Visit England Awards - Annual Gold 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence - 2019 2019
|Opening (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|