Please contact the provider directly to book a family room.
The Curraghmore Hotel sits in a wonderfully elevated position overlooking Sandown and Shanklin Bay just 150 metres from the beach and within 5 – 10 minute gentle walk to Shanklin town and Old Village.
It is run by resident proprietors Lesley and Bernard Lazenby.
Accommodation is available on a Bed & Breakfast or Half Board basis in single, double, twin or family rooms all of which are en-suite, centrally heated, colour TVs and tea/coffee making facilities. Most have glorious sea and garden views.
The hotel is pet friendly and has a number of rooms suitable for owners wishing to bring their pets.
Meals are chosen from an extensive home cooked menu which changes daily, using fresh ingredients where possible and guests are served in the dining room at individual tables by friendly waiting staff.
Live entertainment is offered 3 – 4 nights most weeks in the bar with its large dance floor, also on offer in the bar is a selection of draft beer, larger and cider, bottled beer, ciders, Alco pops, soft drinks and spirits. The bar also has a decked patio area leading to the large front garden with both having superb sea views.
At the rear of the hotel is a large private car park.
Discounts are available to children under 14 when sharing with adults.
Curraghmore Hotel can accommodate up to 65 children and 7 teachers. For more information please contact the hotel.
Lesley and Bernard offer a warm friendly welcome to old and new guests alike.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good12
- hazmarfauzLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyThe worst hotel with the worst customer service ever!!Tuesday, 13th September 2016I had booked in to stay at the Curraghmore Hotel in August with my wife and kids during our vist in Aug 2016 to Isle of Wight (First timers to the island)) I called the hotel to see if I can have a... Read full review
- Jeane CLancashireTrip Type:FamilyHolidayMonday, 12th September 2016Big thanks to Bernard and Leslie for making us Welcome food was good and the rooms have been refurbished since we stayed in 2011 shower needs some attention but all in all a good value for money... Read full review
- Kaye RGreater London, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayFantastic HotelFriday, 26th August 2016This was our first time staying at this hotel. Our friends having been staying there for years and would not stay anywhere else on the Isle of Wight. Bernie & Lesley can't do enough for their guests... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||from £33.00 to £39.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Family En-suite Room x 6||from £33.00 to £39.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||from £33.00 to £39.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||from £33.00 to £39.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
*Child Reductions - 0 - 2 years = free. 2 - 5 years = 75%. 6 - 9 = 5-%. 10 - 14 years = 25%.
Pets £10.00 per room per stay.
- Non smoking establishment
- Accessible Bedrooms
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Children's Meals
- Cot(s) available
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On site parking
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Garden games
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available
- Evening meal available on request
- Full liquor licence
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Special diets catered for
- Vegans catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Baths some rooms
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Radio all rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers some rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Accept coach parties
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome
- Faxing facilities
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Groups welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Licensed for alcohol
- Night Keys
- No smoking in dining area
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Pets welcome
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Public Telephone
- Regular evening entertainment
- Wireless Internet Access
- Baggage Storage
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom Ryde: please either visit the train station annexed to the Catamaran or travel on the No. 2 or 3 bus route
From West Cowes: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
From Yarmouth: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
|Opening 2017 (1 Mar 2017 - 30 Nov 2017)|