Isle Of Wight
Tel: 0743 247 6732
A charming Grade II listed cottage with stunning sea views from most rooms and the garden across Cowes Harbour to the Hampshire coast.
The recently renovated two bedroomed cottage sleeps four and is in a fantastic location on the esplanade minutes away from a main ferry terminal and quality supermarket. The welcoming coastal theme compliments the history and character of the property which has many original features. Ideal for families and couples, there is off road parking for two vehicles. The owners pride themselves on offering a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance and can be contacted direct via mobile.
Available for holiday and short term lets, prices vary according to the season.
Coastguard cottage is one of a row built in 1881 to house 14 coastguards and their families. The detached commanding officer's house is at one end and the boat house and watch house at the other. The original wash house, water pump and drying area still exists. During World War II an anti aircraft gun was installed in front of the cottages to protect the town's aircraft and shipbuilding industry.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Coastguard Cottage||£450.00 per unit per week|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome - Children over 5 years welcome
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Off site parking - Two spaces
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- BACS Accepted
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms - Shower over the bath
- Colour TV
- Digital TV - Freeview
- Drying facilities - Outside
- Electricity Charges Included
- Gas Charges Included
- Ironing Facilities
- King sized bed some rooms
- No Smoking in Unit
- Sea View all rooms
- Showers some rooms - Over the bath
- Two bedrooms - King size bed en-suite cloak room. Two single rooms as well.
- Washing Machine
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- DVD available
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Launderette - In East Cowes High Street
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Wireless Internet Access
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry (from Southampton), turn left into Castle Street, turn left into Columbine Road, turn right around the corner into Albany Road and Coastguard Cottage is at the end of the road on the left.
From West Cowes passenger ferry (from Southampton), walk to through the High Street to the floating bridge to take you to East Cowes, turn left into Castle Street, walk across the roundabout onto Castle Street, turn left into Columbine Road, turn right around the corner into Albany Road and Coastguard Cottage is at the end of the road on the left.
From Fishbourne ferry (from Portsmouth), B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3021 to East Cowes, please contact Wight Holiday Lets for further information.
From Yarmouth ferry (from Lymington), A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde, A3021 to East Cowes, please contact Wight Holiday Lets for further information.
Public Transport Directions
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Group Establishments - TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Travel Ambassador Green Star Award 2017
|Open (31 Mar 2018 - 30 Sept 2018)|
|Closed (1 Oct 2018 - 30 Mar 2019)|