The first port of call for potential visitors to the Island is often the call centre. Our professionally trained staff provide excellent customer service to all enquirers whether by telephone, email, letter or fax on a wide range of tourism related services.
Visitors can plan their holiday before they reach the Island with our mail order service.
This service can be accessed from our site and offers a selection of publications and books relating to the Island and activities.
Referral and booking services
Free referral service in our call centre
We offer a FREE referral service when visitors contact the call centre. Available to all accommodation providers upon receipt of your registration. Our staff will provide details of businesses that best match visitors’ requirements. Visitors will then contact the business directly to make their own arrangements.
Accommodation booking services available in our call centre, and website (www.islandbreaks.co.uk).
Participating in our booking services and updating your availability on a regular basis – therefore providing accurate information – will help to enhance your exposure in our call centre and on Islandbreaks.
1. Advanced accommodation booking service via the call centre
Through our call centre we are able to offer an advanced booking service. the customer simply needs to call our booking/enquiry telephone number (01983 813813) with their requirements. Our staff will then do all the work to find suitable accommodation and complete the booking. Confirmation of the booking will be sent to you. Isle of Wight Council tourism services will charge 10% commission of the total holiday cost for providing this service with the remaining amount payable to you via your normal methods.
2. On-line booking services on our website www.islandbreaks.co.uk
Our on-line accommodation booking service is available on Islandbreaks 24 hours a day.
There are two options available for providers participating in our On-line booking service.
1. Guaranteed Availability - Accommodation providers can offer instantly bookable, guaranteed availability to the visitor.
2. Confirmed Availability - Accommodation providers can offer availability which has to be checked via email in the first instance.
The commission payment for the on-line booking service on our Islandbreaks website is 10 per cent of the whole stay. Please note that to participate in this service a business must have a detailed web page.
Please click here to download a chart explaining this process in more detail. If you wish to speak to some one regarding joining our booking services or for further information please call 01983 823113.
Download the Guide to Tourism Services or for a copy by post please call 01983 823099 ext 5273.
Symbols that appear on your Islandbreaks website entry
1) Advanced booking service via the call centre
- The customer can contact you direct or contact our Call Centre and a member of staff will contact you within 24-48* hours to assist the visitor with their search for accommodation.
* Dependant on Call Centre opening times.
2) On-line booking service options (www.islandbreaks.co.uk)
- Guaranteed Availability - Accommodation providers offering instantly bookable, guaranteed availability to the visitor.
- Confirmed Availability - Accommodation providers offering availability that has to be checked via email in the first instance. This check and any resulting bookings can be carried out online.